keithers

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CdxXNoXCGqmye2zZP1hQ6mcvvTHbpSNkJ

Step by step process of claiming BCH from blockchain.info?

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Hey guys/girls, can anyone here post a step by step process on how to claim your Bitcoin Cash from a blockchain.info wallet?

I don't think there is any way to see your private keys from the iphone app. I believe you have to export your private keys to a wallet that supports BCH, or does anyone know if Blockchain.info has said anything about changing plans to support BCH in the future?

I don't store much in hot wallets like Blockchain.info, but I would still like to be able to access the BCH from there at some point. Thanks!

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Re: Step by step process of claiming BCH from blockchain.info?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm

It should be posted and stickied in wallets section of the forum imo
Whichever chain wins,the world wins ImageImageImageImage

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 am

Hey guys/girls, can anyone here post a step by step process on how to claim your Bitcoin Cash from a blockchain.info wallet?

I don't think there is any way to see your private keys from the iphone app. I believe you have to export your private keys to a wallet that supports BCH, or does anyone know if Blockchain.info has said anything about changing plans to support BCH in the future?

I don't store much in hot wallets like Blockchain.info, but I would still like to be able to access the BCH from there at some point. Thanks!
Hello keithers, If you transfer the bitcoins to blockchain.info before the fork your can claim your bitcoin cash, this is part of the blockchain.info post regarding the fork In the event of two separate blockchains after August 1, 2017 we will support the longest chain. As of today, we have no immediate plans to fully support the Bitcoin Cash fork within our main product. fully read here https://blog.blockchain.com/2017/07/30/ ... ain-users/

True, there is a no way to see your private keys not only from the iphone app, blockchain.info newer wallets are based a recovery phrase, so if you dont have back-up your recovery seed/phrase from blockchain.info wallet, you can find your Backup Seed/Phrase by navigating to the Security Center in your Wallet and selecting ‘Backup Phrase’. WRITE DOWN YOUR BACKUP PHRASE MAKE SURE YOU PROPERLY HAVE WRITE THE PHRASE CORRECT then create a wallet here https://bcc-wallet.btc.com click tools-> import external wallet and type your 12 Seed/Phrase then click next, now will search for positive balances in your wallet, If you have Bitcoin Cash in your wallet click send, your bitcoin cash will be appear in your btc.com bitcoin cash wallet
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

jknuckles711

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 am

:cry: I tried this and kept getting an error , and btcc page not responding , and error no positive funds in account , which is not cool, i had bit coin in block chain , cant recover anything sounds like block chain is keeping our coins purposely!!

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 am

Importing your blockchain.info backup phrase into this Bitpay tool works just fine for claiming your Bitcoin Cash.
https://blog.bitpay.com/bitcoin-cash-recovery/
They seem to use the same wallet seed format as Bitpay.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

keithers

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CdxXNoXCGqmye2zZP1hQ6mcvvTHbpSNkJ

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello keithers, If you transfer the bitcoins to blockchain.info before the fork your can claim your bitcoin cash, this is part of the blockchain.info post regarding the fork In the event of two separate blockchains after August 1, 2017 we will support the longest chain. As of today, we have no immediate plans to fully support the Bitcoin Cash fork within our main product. fully read here https://blog.blockchain.com/2017/07/30/ ... ain-users/

True, there is a no way to see your private keys not only from the iphone app, blockchain.info newer wallets are based a recovery phrase, so if you dont have back-up your recovery seed/phrase from blockchain.info wallet, you can find your Backup Seed/Phrase by navigating to the Security Center in your Wallet and selecting ‘Backup Phrase’. WRITE DOWN YOUR BACKUP PHRASE MAKE SURE YOU PROPERLY HAVE WRITE THE PHRASE CORRECT then create a wallet here https://bcc-wallet.btc.com click tools-> import external wallet and type your 12 Seed/Phrase then click next, now will search for positive balances in your wallet, If you have Bitcoin Cash in your wallet click send, your bitcoin cash will be appear in your btc.com bitcoin cash wallet
Thanks. I was able to figure out how to easily do this with both a ledger nano as well as a trezor. I believe support in the bitcoin.com wallet is coming soon to be able to split the BCH (if the option is not already available).

The part that I was confused on initially was that blockchain.info originally started out with like a 15 word recovery phrase or something like that, but then later changed the same wallets to a 12 word recovery phrase

barb.mayo

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 am

Hi there. You mentioned you were able to get your bch from blockchain.info using Trezor. My question is can I transfer all my btc to trezor then extract my bitcoin cash from there or do I have to do it beforehand? If I have to do it before , what’s the best way to do that? Also, I used to be able to see my bch balance in blockchain.info by going to settings then general , but now the link to view your bch balance is gone.

For Freedom

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:07 am

I had my bitcoins in Blockchain.com years before the fork and months after. I could see my balance by going to settings / general and it was at the bottom, now I don't see them. Does anyone know how to find / recover them?

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Login via the web and you will have full access to your BCH.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Return to “Wallets”