Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Silver Wallets - A New Kind of Physical Storage

Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:34 pm

SILVERWALLETS.COM ≡ A New Kind of Physical Storage For Your Bitcoin _________________________________________________ What is a Silver Wallet?
Silver Wallets are 1 troy ounce pure silver coins that can be used to store a private key for a Bitcoin address. The obverse bears a unique and stately design the represents the advent of this brilliant new technology. The reverse has a 12.7mm incused square for you to carefully place a private key QR code that can then be concealed with our custom tamper proof hologram.  Silver Wallets give you the freedom to store as little or as many Bitcoin as you want.

Prices
               Design 1                                 Design 2                             Design 1 /w Gold                          Design 3                       Additional Holograms
Image  Image  Image  Image   Image
             $60/68 each                           SOLD OUT                               SOLD OUT                             $99/105 each                  $1 for one hologram

You get 3 holograms and a slab for free with each coin!

Note: Negotiations for lower prices on multi-coin deals are possible.

Shipping
Included in the price! The first number is for a coin shipped within the US, the second for everywhere else in the world.

The coins will be shipped within 24 to 48 hours and sent from the US.

Required Shipping Information:
  • Name
  • Street Address
  • City
  • Province/State
  • Postal/Zip Code
  • Country
  • Email Address
  • A phone number (if you are from outside the US)
Payment options
- Bitcoin
- PayPal (+3% processing fee), but only if you are trusted enough

Payment information
I will send you the payment information through a PM originating from this account ("Mitchełł", user ID 202). You might receive false payment information from scammers pretending to be me. They might even have somewhat similar usernames. Be careful.

How to
This imgur album contains some informative pictures about how to create a Silver Wallet. For more information can you always checkout the instruction page on SilverWallets.com.

Total Quantity
Design 1: 100 numbered, 200 regular rounds.
Design 1/w Gold: 100 numbered.
Design 2: 100 numbered.
Design 3: 100 numbered.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Mitchełł on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:28 am, edited 12 times in total.

GaryDavisIRL
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GarydMgbHtof6cszxTaBBtRupjJC5CsbY

Re: Silver Wallets - A New Kind of Physical Storage

Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Very cool!

Just thought I'd let you know that there's an error with the link to bitaddress on the instructions page though:
http://silverwallets.com/instructions.html
It's added as a page under your own domain rather than hyperlinking to bitaddress.

The 'Silver Wallet Design 2' picture also links to the 'Silver Wallet Design 1 With Gold Trim' picture, with 'Silver Wallet Design 1 With Gold Trim' picture linking to the 'Silver Wallet Design 1' picture. You'll see what I mean when you open the pictures themselves, or check their filenames. :)
Broad Anarcho-capitalist ¦ Specific Agorist ¦ Absolute Voluntaryist

My PGP key can be found here: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=0 ... 9&op=index

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Very cool!

Just thought I'd let you know that there's an error with the link to bitaddress on the instructions page though:
http://silverwallets.com/instructions.html
It's added as a page under your own domain rather than hyperlinking to bitaddress.

The 'Silver Wallet Design 2' picture also links to the 'Silver Wallet Design 1 With Gold Trim' picture, with 'Silver Wallet Design 1 With Gold Trim' picture linking to the 'Silver Wallet Design 1' picture. You'll see what I mean when you open the pictures themselves, or check their filenames. :)
Thank you very much for pointing that out! I'll get it fixed.

GaryDavisIRL
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GarydMgbHtof6cszxTaBBtRupjJC5CsbY

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Thank you very much for pointing that out! I'll get it fixed.
You're very welcome! Thanks for providing another product & service for bitcoiners! :)
Broad Anarcho-capitalist ¦ Specific Agorist ¦ Absolute Voluntaryist

My PGP key can be found here: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=0 ... 9&op=index

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:09 pm

You're very welcome! Thanks for providing another product & service for bitcoiners! :)
Blazed has informed me that the website has been fixed. Thanks again!

DOGed
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 136djiDtVHKq8KLnJQnCRJL2TydpGgnyyT

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:50 am

I have always been a fan of Silverwallets, and I own one or two myself :)

They really do make a good addition to any physical coin collection.
Have fun, send me a tip 136djiDtVHKq8KLnJQnCRJL2TydpGgnyyT

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:29 am

I have always been a fan of Silverwallets, and I own one or two myself :)

They really do make a good addition to any physical coin collection.
I totally agree. I'm currently awaiting a package which contains a full set of Silver Wallets, graded by ANACS. Should arrive today. :D

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Well, the package did arrive yesterday, but I wasn't at home, so I picked it up today. The package contained my freshly graded Silver Wallet set. They received the following grades:
  • Design 1: MS-68
  • D1 (Gold Trimmed): MS-68
  • Design 2: MS-67
  • Design 3: MS-68
As far as I know, MS-67 was the highest grade ever for a Silver Wallet, so I now own three of the highest graded Silver Wallets in existence. ;D
______________________________________________________________________________________

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:05 am

Nice looking coins mate, big fan of these.
What does it cost to have a coin graded by ANACS if you don't mind me asking?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:12 am

Nice looking coins mate, big fan of these.
What does it cost to have a coin graded by ANACS if you don't mind me asking?
$21. I got Blazed to do the whole grading process for me as the coins were in the US and he has a lot more experience with this then I do (as it's none).

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am

They are sure a new and interesting way to store your coins.
Looking at the "How to create" your silver wallet on: http://imgur.com/a/6x9N3

It would worry me that i could possibly tear or otherwise ruin the private key when removing the hologram, is there a metal/plastic plate to cover the private key QR code before placing the hologram over it?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:26 am

It would worry me that i could possibly tear or otherwise ruin the private key when removing the hologram, is there a metal/plastic plate to cover the private key QR code before placing the hologram over it?
We do not provide something like that, but I would just cut a piece of paper and put that between the private key and the hologram. This should protect the private key from being teared/ruined.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 am

We do not provide something like that, but I would just cut a piece of paper and put that between the private key and the hologram. This should protect the private key from being teared/ruined.
"Should" prevent it from being teared, that doesn't sound too secure, tear the private key and depending on how bad it is you can say goodbye to your coins stored in that wallet.

I think a good idea would be to have the private key engraved on the coin personally and then add a paper QR code, that way if the QR code tears by removing the hologram then at least you still have the private key to access your BTC

Mitchełł
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:05 am

"Should" prevent it from being teared, that doesn't sound too secure, tear the private key and depending on how bad it is you can say goodbye to your coins stored in that wallet.

I think a good idea would be to have the private key engraved on the coin personally and then add a paper QR code, that way if the QR code tears by removing the hologram then at least you still have the private key to access your BTC
I said should as I can't foresee every possible outcome. A piece of paper should be able protect your private key as I can't think of any situation that would cause a hologram to stick through a piece of paper. Even if you pull it off like a madman, the piece of paper would just attach itself to the hologram (as it can't stick to anything that would cause it to rip) without any further damage to it. I have just tried one of the holograms and I can safely tell you that they won't tear a piece of paper nor ruin it.

We won't engrave private keys into coins, because that would mean that the buyer has to trust us (we could keep private keys and empty them) and destroy the whole DIY aspect.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:14 am

No i mean the buyer of the silver wallet could take the coin to an engraver to have the private key engraved on the coin personally or do it themselves if they have the skills.
Your right if the seller/manufacturer of the coins engraved the key then it would ruin the whole idea.

Return to “Items for Sale (physical)”