taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: $10,000 USD bounty for a fork of the Bitcoin.com wallet to support Bitcoin Cash

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm

In the examples shown, it has support for creating a new BCC wallet and working with BCC transactions.

But what about existing BTC wallets? Now that the fork is done, would the procedure be to import from the backup 12 word phrase but with BCC set to get the duplicated funds on the BCC chain? Could this be automated in the UI somehow?
yes, you can manipulate BCC and BTC from same application, migration is not supported but yes, you can use import/export

Sidenote: I'd suggest a different icon to differentiate BTC and BCC wallets in app.

its only alpha and have no skin yet.

Taras

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: $10,000 USD bounty for a fork of the Bitcoin.com wallet to support Bitcoin Cash

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:49 am

http://www.coinnode.net:8100/
its only alpha , there is no https!!!! so not use it for live coins. If you need testnet coins feel free to contact me.

p.s. Donations for tests in BCC accepted to:
1F4ntSykWSHTx7oTSmDaBPG2fKtWogGGg6

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:07 am

Taras, amazing work! I can't wait to see this come to life in the app, thanks for all the hard work and dedication.
Thank you, Brope.
It is very important for me to feel support, especially after 4 days and nights of sleepless work on the project :)

Taras
Hi Taras,

Nice work! Can you clarify how you handled the BCC slider and signing with Bitcore-lib?

I'd like to check it against what I think should be happening before I release source code.

Cheers
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

ajp8164

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Short status update,
I have added Bitcoin Cash to frontend, saves to backend.
In front ToDo:
- add SIGHASH_FORKID to outgoing transactions
- configure own insight-api , right now I am connecting to http://blockdozer.com/insight

p.s. Screenshots attached, I am not used 3 states for BCC as i hope Bitcoin Cash will have its own test network.
I would suggest that the "Bitcoin Cash" toggle be changed to select a network with a selection list of options (use "Wallet key" as a guide). The default value should be "Bitcoin" but the list should include both "Bitcoin" and "Bitcoin Cash". This creates a more natural UX and allows for someone to easily extend the app to add new coins ;-)

taras - I am a bitpay employee, let me know how I can help (I'm personally interested in this work, not speaking for the company); contact me at andy at bitpay dot com.

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:53 am

Good advice, thanks.

This will also come handy when November split occurs. Then we will have 3 types of Bitcoin lol
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

Bakri Elhamim

Donate BTC of your choice to 369V2j6Zj1ZV1KQDtcnHkV43aecvbAeTS5

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:06 pm

congratulations
Last edited by Bakri Elhamim on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm guessing SIGHASH_FORKID to outgoing transactions in the bitcore library, and create the new network object. It's still outgoing to the same port number so Bitcoin Cash nodes running as a real fork will pick it up. If there was a reasonably quick and easy way to query the node for its services, i.e. NODE_BITCOIN_CASH, that would be nice. It's almost never that easy though.

See for instance https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/issues/25

As far as I can tell, the client bans connections from nodes that it finds are incompatible, it broadcasts and queries to the same port number as Bitcoin, and bitcore-lib is modified for the new signature hash bits. Aside from UI changes and making it easier and more intuitive. Has anyone actually implemented this properly and tested it? Taras? Are there any NODE_BITCOIN_CASH advertisements on testnet?

This is frustrating. I think we should reach out to the Bitcoin ABC developers.

Bakri, there's no bounty yet because there's no fork of the Bitcoin Wallet yet that works as specified with Bitcoin Cash.
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello, thank you for you post.
I'm guessing SIGHASH_FORKID to outgoing transactions in the bitcore library, and create the new network object. It's still outgoing to the same port number so Bitcoin Cash nodes running as a real fork will pick it up. If there was a reasonably quick and easy way to query the node for its services, i.e. NODE_BITCOIN_CASH, that would be nice. It's almost never that easy though.

See for instance https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/issues/25

As far as I can tell, the client bans connections from nodes that it finds are incompatible, it broadcasts and queries to the same port number as Bitcoin, and bitcore-lib is modified for the new signature hash bits. Aside from UI changes and making it easier and more intuitive. Has anyone actually implemented this properly and tested it? Taras? Are there any NODE_BITCOIN_CASH advertisements on testnet?
Thats true. And thats why I have I am running 2 bws instances, one is jailed to local bitcoin-abc node in p2p bitcoin protocol. I know that there a lot of surprises in front of new abc protocol and thats why I am marked as only alpha .

This is frustrating. I think we should reach out to the Bitcoin ABC developers.
I am working closely with ABC developers in slack chat.

you can check running wallet client + 2 nodes in https://coinnode.net/
Bakri, there's no bounty yet because there's no fork of the Bitcoin Wallet yet that works as specified with Bitcoin Cash.
p.s. But I will check it again, right now I am checking multisig and then will check about flag in P2P

sayurichick
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:33 pm

yo, found an issue with the test build on coinnode.

when you create a BCC wallet, and scan the QR code. It's recognized as a BTC address in my wallet.

also getting a weird 'miminum amount is at least 0.03 bcc' error in coinomi at least.

Was able to send myself a $0.01 transaction earlier to a different BCC address.

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:56 am

Any news ???
When bitcoin.com wallet supports bitcoin cash will be announched on the forum and on bitcoin.com stay tuned.
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

Bardut_Ionut

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:32 am

Any news ???
When bitcoin.com wallet supports bitcoin cash will be announched on the forum and on bitcoin.com stay tuned.
Any ETA ?

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:12 am

Hello,
For simpler testing i have created testnet faucet https://you-can-start-today.com/

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:15 am

any news on the wallet ?
yes, I think Bitcoin.com team will publish this very soon. If you want to be beta tester feel free to contact.

thanks for question.

Bardut_Ionut

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:30 am

any news on the wallet ?
yes, I think Bitcoin.com team will publish this very soon. If you want to be beta tester feel free to contact.

thanks for question.

Good Job.THX.

sayurichick
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:10 pm

any news on the wallet ?

thanks for question.
i'd like to beta test.

let me know.

Return to “Wallets”