rollsroyce

How to best sell my Bitcoins

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:49 am

Hello,

I am a relative novice in the world of Bitcoin. I have bought some Bitcoins where I paid USD cash for Bitcoins.

The price has now gone up and I want to sell the Bitcoins back into USD.

How do I do that?

Cheers

rollsroyce

Re: How to best sell my Bitcoins

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:38 am

Thanks for the Spam.

But it does not answer my question.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:24 am

Moderators,

Something definitely needs to be done about the spam problem on the forums. I know you each log in and clear it out when you can, but the constant stream leads to bad impressions like the one above.

There MUST be ways to stop this tide with various phpBB plugins or add-ons that specifically block this stuff before it happens.

Please look into this, for the health of the forums!
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:29 am

Hello,

I am a relative novice in the world of Bitcoin. I have bought some Bitcoins where I paid USD cash for Bitcoins.

How do I do that?

Cheers
It depends on what country you are in.
The easiest way is to just spend the Bitcoins directly on whatever you want to buy.
If you want more of your local currency, use an exchange that supports that local currency.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

rollsroyce

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:51 am

Hello,

How do I do that?

Cheers

I have spent the last 24 hours exhaustively trying to find the best way to sell my Bitcoins back into USDs.

It seems that everyone wants to either sell me more Bitcoins or wants me trade/speculate by converting them into other cryptocurrencies.
I do not want to be locked in to this market.I want to be able to EXIT the market whenever I want

Nobody has shown any interest in buying my Bitcoins for the quoted prices. I just want to sell my Bitcoins, get paid in USDs and not be ripped off on the exchange rate and the outrageous transaction fees and the commissions etc.

The fact that everyone seems to want to get my USDs and then try to not let me out of the market without some outrageous gouging is really reminding me of the HYIP scams of the past.

If anyone can show me a worked example of a site that takes less than 20% on the exit trade for bitcoin to USDs (including all commissions, transaction fees, spread, etc) then I will use that site.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:11 am

Hello,

How do I do that?

Cheers

I have spent the last 24 hours exhaustively trying to find the best way to sell my Bitcoins back into USDs.

It seems that everyone wants to either sell me more Bitcoins or wants me trade/speculate by converting them into other cryptocurrencies.
I do not want to be locked in to this market.I want to be able to EXIT the market whenever I want

Nobody has shown any interest in buying my Bitcoins for the quoted prices. I just want to sell my Bitcoins, get paid in USDs and not be ripped off on the exchange rate and the outrageous transaction fees and the commissions etc.

The fact that everyone seems to want to get my USDs and then try to not let me out of the market without some outrageous gouging is really reminding me of the HYIP scams of the past.

If anyone can show me a worked example of a site that takes less than 20% on the exit trade for bitcoin to USDs (including all commissions, transaction fees, spread, etc) then I will use that site.
Hello,

You have 3 basic options, probably more that i can't think of just now.
The first is to set up an online bitcoin wallet like Coinbase or preferably Coinjar if they are available in the US yet, this will take a few days to get verified and link your bank account. You will probably be limited to withdrawal amounts of about $1000 for the first few transactions/weeks due to KYC/AML laws.

Second option is to use a bitcoin exchange as Roger suggested, have a look at this link: https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin (the link says buy bitcoins but you can also sell for US dollars at most exchanges)

The 3rd option would be to check out localbitcoins, set up an account as a seller and set your price and accepted payment methods.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:16 am

Moderators,

Something definitely needs to be done about the spam problem on the forums. I know you each log in and clear it out when you can, but the constant stream leads to bad impressions like the one above.

There MUST be ways to stop this tide with various phpBB plugins or add-ons that specifically block this stuff before it happens.

Please look into this, for the health of the forums!
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately the moderators can only delete the spam, the administrators are the ones that need to implement anything.

I know they are working on something so hopefully we have a solution soon (although i have been saying that for awhile now)
I have even had to put a moderator on the payroll just to help nuke all the spam until we get it under control as my time is being taken up more and more with other duties.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:07 am

Just use localbitcoins
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:05 am

Here is a list of hundreds of places you can sell your Bitcoin for less than 1% commission.
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

SeanParker

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 am

Here is a list of hundreds of places you can sell your Bitcoin for less than 1% commission.
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Just awesome.Gratitude for this.

Return to “Beginners & Help”