GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Re: Bitcoin.com Mining Pool Official Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:18 am

The coins will will accumulate at the pool.bitcoin.com cloud mining site first. You can withdraw them manually or setup an automatic withdrawal.

I've no experience with the Electrum wallet.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

bdsahin

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:34 am

after hard fork very low profit from pool.

Kryptowerk
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Indeed, current returns are a joke. Which confuses me, with hashrate moving to BCash I thought BTC-difficulty would go down and BTC profit should go up.
What is happening?
Free Bitcoin Core (BTX) for BTC hodlers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.0
Segwit + 20 MB blocks @ 2.5 min blocktime and GPU friendly algo!

zowki
Services
Services

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Indeed, current returns are a joke. Which confuses me, with hashrate moving to BCash I thought BTC-difficulty would go down and BTC profit should go up.
What is happening?
Not much hashrate moved to Bitcoin Cash.

Difficulty is increasing fast because the Bitcoin price is also rising fast. Please see this page for details on the recent difficulty increases: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
Shaun Chong - Bitcoin.com Head of Mining Operations

chiemekailo_forum
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 15pYhK3VqbSy3ytKgPgCQhWCAVWqcLxarv

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Guys, We buy cloud mining contracts here in dollars and take our share rewards in fixed Dollar amounts (paid out in bitcoin equivalent). Right?
How about if I hook up an Antminer to the pool, what will my share rewards be paid in? I sure as hell will want my share in pure bitcoins so I can benefit from its increasing value.
That will mean that no matter the USD/BTC value, the rewards will be the same amount of bitcoins for a PPS plan. Please clarify.?!

deltazulu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:04 pm

I bought some hash rate, but it immediately started mining BTC, then I switched it in the interface (on the Purchased Contracts tab to start mining BCC. I hope that is the correct way to do it? The changeover takes 12 hours, why is that?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:07 pm

I bought some hash rate, but it immediately started mining BTC, then I switched it in the interface (on the Purchased Contracts tab to start mining BCC. I hope that is the correct way to do it? The changeover takes 12 hours, why is that?
You're not going to make much money mining BCC unless you're doing it out of the goodness of your heart and giving your BTC initial cost away.

The best thing right now, if you want to support BCC, is to mine the more profitable BTC chain, then use your earnings to buy BCC on an exchange. While you're doing that, keep an eye on the profitability of mining the BCC chain at https://cash.coin.dance/blocks and if the Bitcoin.com pool jumps over, you should jump over too.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

deltazulu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 pm

You're not going to make much money mining BCC unless you're doing it out of the goodness of your heart and giving your BTC initial cost away.

The best thing right now, if you want to support BCC, is to mine the more profitable BTC chain, then use your earnings to buy BCC on an exchange. While you're doing that, keep an eye on the profitability of mining the BCC chain at https://cash.coin.dance/blocks and if the Bitcoin.com pool jumps over, you should jump over too.
I kinda want to mine BCC on its principles i.e. it's not trying to be some high fee settlement layer that the Core team have make it be. I'm not mining it for short term profitability. If it takes some time to go up in price so be it.

Currently the difficulty is operating at 13%. Also if there's less people mining BCC, wouldn't I get more percentage quantity of actual BCC? I.e. the price of BCC may be low, but I may actually be getting a higher quantity of the coin compared to what I would get if mining BTC. So maybe I have a higher quantity being mined now, but it's at a low price in comparison to USD for now. But that could change very quickly.

Also the profit difference is improving. Yesterday it was showing 49%. Today it's at 38%. Give it another week and there might be even less difference.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Also the profit difference is improving. Yesterday it was showing 49%. Today it's at 38%. Give it another week and there might be even less difference.
In another week or so there will DEFINITELY be good things going on. Bitcoin Cash block 479808 will mark the chain's 2016th block since its last difficulty adjustment. At this time, the mining difficulty is set to decrease by around 40 - 50% !!! The profitability of the chain will basically double from one block to the one after. Look for BTC miners to start switching to BCC at this point.

mel
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 pm

I kinda want to mine BCC on its principles i.e. it's not trying to be some high fee settlement layer that the Core team have make it be. I'm not mining it for short term profitability. If it takes some time to go up in price so be it.

Currently the difficulty is operating at 13%. Also if there's less people mining BCC, wouldn't I get more percentage quantity of actual BCC? I.e. the price of BCC may be low, but I may actually be getting a higher quantity of the coin compared to what I would get if mining BTC. So maybe I have a higher quantity being mined now, but it's at a low price in comparison to USD for now. But that could change very quickly.

A lot of people seem to be wondering about this, so here are the estimated current (August 11) calculations:

100 TH comparison:

BTC
Daily return = 0.027237 BTC
Electricity $28 = 0.00781 (at $3585/BTC)
Payout = 0.019427 BTC per day

BCC
Daily return = .22502 BCC (estimated by [1.074/0.13]*BTC payout since BTC difficulty went up 7.4% and BCC is 13% of original difficulty)
Electricity $28 = .08485 (at $330/BCC)
Payout = 0.14017 BCC per day

If you mined BTC and exchanged it at an exchange, you would get about 0.20249 BCC, using a 0.001 BTC transaction fee and a 0.091 BTC/BCC exchange rate. This rate is very volatile.

Both mining and buying at an exchange help BCC succeed.

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:11 am

Just wait, it might go up.
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

deltazulu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:27 am

Will we be able to see the BCC payouts and total balance in the pool.bitcoin.com interface? Or is that conversion still taking place?

zowki
Services
Services

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:07 am

Will we be able to see the BCC payouts and total balance in the pool.bitcoin.com interface? Or is that conversion still taking place?
We are still working on it. Sorry it's taking so long. Should be ready in a few days.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

In another week or so there will DEFINITELY be good things going on. Bitcoin Cash block 479808 will mark the chain's 2016th block since its last difficulty adjustment. At this time, the mining difficulty is set to decrease by around 40 - 50% !!! The profitability of the chain will basically double from one block to the one after. Look for BTC miners to start switching to BCC at this point.
Links please? I am familiar with the BCC EDA but have seen nothing about an automatic downward adjustment after 2016 blocks. For BTC if 2016 blocks take longer than 14 days difficulty will adjust down so blocks speed up to every ten minutes. Thanks.

sayurichick
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:37 am

For BTC if 2016 blocks take longer than 14 days difficulty will adjust down so blocks speed up to every ten minutes. Thanks.
the same difficulty adjustment still exists for bitcoin cash as well. they're both bitcoin.

ArdaGulcil

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello All

I am planning to buy lifetime cloud mining at 30TH/s . As I am not familiar with some details I will be happy if i get some guidance on following question;

Once I buy I will pay initial fee plus USD8.40 / day to be deducted from the revenue that I will get as Bitcoin , the clauses are

- Contract will end if daily fee exceeds revenue for 60 consecutive days. ( This means initial fee also will be gone or this will be refunded ?
)

- Calculation is based on current difficulty and Bitcoin price.
Difficulty increases about 5% every 2 weeks, but may vary based on global hashrate. ( This means after sometime if Bitcoin price increases as difficulty also will do the same and revenue will ve indeed very small that naming those contracts lifetime will not bring any advantage to investor/buyer ? )

Last question ; If Bitcoin price falls and daily fee will be less then revenue at 60 consecutive days contract will end but if less than 60 consecutive days then we will keep losing money or system will be on hold at the loss days ? )

thank you and sorry if those questions earlier replied

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello All

I am planning to buy lifetime cloud mining at 30TH/s . As I am not familiar with some details I will be happy if i get some guidance on following question;

Once I buy I will pay initial fee plus USD8.40 / day to be deducted from the revenue that I will get as Bitcoin , the clauses are

- Contract will end if daily fee exceeds revenue for 60 consecutive days. ( This means initial fee also will be gone or this will be refunded ?
)

- Calculation is based on current difficulty and Bitcoin price.
Difficulty increases about 5% every 2 weeks, but may vary based on global hashrate. ( This means after sometime if Bitcoin price increases as difficulty also will do the same and revenue will ve indeed very small that naming those contracts lifetime will not bring any advantage to investor/buyer ? )

Last question ; If Bitcoin price falls and daily fee will be less then revenue at 60 consecutive days contract will end but if less than 60 consecutive days then we will keep losing money or system will be on hold at the loss days ? )

thank you and sorry if those questions earlier replied
Hello,

Just for future the mining support staff don't monitor the forum thread as often and you will normally always get a quicker reply emailing pool@bitcoin.com

Anyway i am here now so can help you with your questions :)

The initial costs are not refundable, the pool uses the money collected from sales to purchase more equipment/hashrate. We have not had to cancel a single plan to date.

As the mining difficulty rises it does have an impact on reduced revenue but if the bitcoin price keeps rising as it is then your profits in USD term will be much higher. Bitcoin has gone up +24.5% in the last 7 days alone!
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/

I am sorry but i don't really understand your last question enough to give an answer.

Regards: bitkilo.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

ArdaGulcil

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Dear Bitkilo

Thank you very much for the answer.

In my last question I was meaning based on following conditions written at pool offer. If Bitcoin price falls and daily fee will be less then revenue at 60 consecutive days contract will end but in case revenue less than daily fee for less than 60 consecutive days then we will keep losing money or system will be on hold/not make mining at these loss days ? ) Hope Its clear now.

Contract will end if daily fee exceeds revenue for 60 consecutive days.

zowki
Services
Services

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Dear Bitkilo

In my last question I was meaning based on following conditions written at pool offer. If Bitcoin price falls and daily fee will be less then revenue at 60 consecutive days contract will end but in case revenue less than daily fee for less than 60 consecutive days then we will keep losing money or system will be on hold/not make mining at these loss days ? ) Hope Its clear now.

If the fee is higher than the revenue, we will lower the fee to prevent you from losing money.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Dear Bitkilo

Your daily revenue will never go negative. If the daily fee is more than the daily revenue, you'll just get nothing. Pool.bitcoin.com won't take coins back from you that you've already earned.

mel
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Links please? I am familiar with the BCC EDA but have seen nothing about an automatic downward adjustment after 2016 blocks. For BTC if 2016 blocks take longer than 14 days difficulty will adjust down so blocks speed up to every ten minutes. Thanks.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bitcoin+cash+2016+ ... adjustment

deltazulu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Before the website is up and running and displaying mining results for BCH, I am curious, if I am mining BCH at 1TH/s, how much actual BCH coins e.g. 0.000321 am I getting per day (roughly)? I assume it will be more than what I would get for mining BTC correct, as the current difficulty is at 13%.

Swimmer63

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:03 am

I have been mining away on this pool in support of BU for the past few months, since it opened to the public. I must have missed the memo though that there is no longer a 10% bonus.
I did read on one of the pages though that this pool still pays at the highest rate of any other PPS pool. Is that still correct? What is the rate?
Now that the block debate has largely been decided, I need to figure out where I'm going to be most profitable.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:05 pm

I have been mining away on this pool in support of BU for the past few months, since it opened to the public. I must have missed the memo though that there is no longer a 10% bonus.
I did read on one of the pages though that this pool still pays at the highest rate of any other PPS pool. Is that still correct? What is the rate?
Now that the block debate has largely been decided, I need to figure out where I'm going to be most profitable.
Keep an eye on https://cash.coin.dance/blocks to see which chain is more profitable to mine atm. However, you're really not going to earn much unless Bitcoin.com commits a large amount of its hashrate to BCH. It's only pointing a few % of its pool there and hasn't mined any blocks recently.

You'll have to weigh that against the actual profitability of the chain to mine.

mel
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 pm

Keep an eye on https://cash.coin.dance/blocks to see which chain is more profitable to mine atm. However, you're really not going to earn much unless Bitcoin.com commits a large amount of its hashrate to BCH. It's only pointing a few % of its pool there and hasn't mined any blocks recently.

You'll have to weigh that against the actual profitability of the chain to mine.
Hi GreyWyvern,

If the BCC pool is PPS then the size of the pool doesn't affect the revenue, even if it's only 1TH and never actually mines a block. They will absorb the loss if we are unlucky and don't mine BCC blocks, and the extra profit if we are lucky and mine tons. I think the contract hash on BCC is mandatory PPS just like contract hash on BTC, but haven't verified this.

Sirslicey
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 18vC6rHB7HuVU9zK9D6mNmGQ7ScqXVDoU2

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 am

GreyWyvern, can you implement BCC integration into your pool.bitcoin.com mining calculator? That would be incredible!

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:29 pm

GreyWyvern, can you implement BCC integration into your pool.bitcoin.com mining calculator? That would be incredible!
I could certainly do that, but until the developers at pool.bitcoin.com add "Current Daily Returns" values in both BTC and BCC, there isn't really much you can calculate with any accuracy.

The tool itself is pretty coin-agnostic though. You can type in the current BCC price where it says 1 BTC = $ _______ USD and insert all your other values to estimate BCC contracts. I will eventually make a toggle that swaps from BTC to BCC once the pool.bitcoin.com website integrates both coins as well.

bdsahin

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 am

which currency now profitable?
BTC or BCC???

djengisen

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Pool bonus?

Transaction fees are increasing again, time to bump the PPS bonus? Other pools are more profitable now.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Pool bonus?

Transaction fees are increasing again, time to bump the PPS bonus? Other pools are more profitable now.
We wanted to get all the Bitcoin Cash stuff up and running first.
We will address this issue next and actually plan to switch to a dynamic fee system in the future.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Return to “Pool”