SpaceMonkey
Banned
Banned

Roger Ver's Paid Shill Shenanigans - astroturfing

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjqGEvpUMvE

I think astroturfing is the wrong way Roger. Why are you doing that? :cry:

BIP 148 is a good idea and will bring 5000 USD per coin!
Visit bitcoin.org for free and censorship free informations without any business interests!

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Re: Roger Ver's Paid Shill Shenanigans - astroturfing

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:24 am

I'm not doing that.
ANYONE can submit ANY TWEET and get ANYONE to pay for retweeting it.
Knock yourself out using it to promote your UASF as well.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am

It's the future of bitcoin that matters, not the short term price per coin.
BIP 148 UASF is not a good idea at all, i don't see it happening and if it did then it would be a very sad for the future of the bitcoin we all grew to love.

Edit: When was birds first created? Peter Todd's comment saying that "Roger Ver created a website that pays people to retweet" is basically implying that this is something new. If i remember right birds.bitcoin.com was created a long time ago then stopped due to high transaction fees but was recently brought back online due to demand.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:39 pm

It's the future of bitcoin that matters, not the short term price per coin.
BIP 148 UASF is not a good idea at all, i don't see it happening and if it did then it would be a very sad for the future of the bitcoin we all grew to love.

Edit: When was birds first created? Peter Todd's comment saying that "Roger Ver created a website that pays people to retweet" is basically implying that this is something new. If i remember right birds.bitcoin.com was created a long time ago then stopped due to high transaction fees but was recently brought back online due to demand.
This whole thing is a big diversion that UASF'er are using to try to make people believe they are not the ones astroturfing. I explained a little more on reddit, saying:
I know Peter Todd is trying to twist this into something it's not, which is sad but expected from the Core side which always plays dirty. But, anyone can add their own tweet and pay to have it promoted. Roger isn't paying anyone. Users are paying for the service. The service is just a reboot of FeedZeBirds, which is explained as Earn Bitcoins by retweeting. http://FeedZeBirds.com pays you automatically for retweeting sponsored messages. Bitcoins are sent instantly. Easy and fun!
[...] It's not a dishonest service and was built back in early 2016 way before things really got out of hand in the block size debate. post16677.html
The original intent is for advertising. So if you are saying you are against advertising, using that logic you would say anyone that advertises should be frowned upon. In addition, these are not Bitcoin.com sponsored ads but self-created sponsored ads by the person. Essentially, Bitcoin.com is the platform providing a vehicle for people to self-sponsor. You wouldn't go and say Google is bad for having adsense when there is a bad advert on the web, you would say whoever is doing the bad advert is bad. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6 ... e/dikvube/

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:38 pm

TBH I would not mind being a paid shill. So if anyone knows where to apply, let me know ;)
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:59 am

It was first created back in November of 2011, by Erik Voorhees and Ira Miller.
I was one of the investors in it, but they never managed to turn it into a profitable business.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Return to “Media”