EricRSammons
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NdpCfWimwzaEtkp8TFX8D5tNB2dNWTYYc

"Bitcoin Basics: 101 Questions and Answers" - new book to help spread knowledge of Bitcoin

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:16 pm

I've been using Bitcoin for a few years now, and for some time I've wanted to help spread its use to a broader audience. I've found that most of my friends and family don't really understand Bitcoin: not only what it is and how it works, but even why anyone would be interested in it ("what's wrong with our current payment and currency system?").

I'm a writer, and I've had a few books published, so I thought I would write an easy-to-read, question-and-answer book explaining the basics of Bitcoin: the what, the how, and the why. There are a lot of great websites and videos out there explaining the basics of Bitcoin, but some people, I have found, would rather pick up a book to get started.

I'm happy to say that it was just recently released (in paperback and Kindle):

Bitcoin Basics: 101 Questions and Answers

You can also buy it using Bitcoin at my website.

Obviously, if you are on this forum you probably don't need this book for yourself; but if you know someone you would like to have learn about Bitcoin and they prefer reading a book to going through websites, then this book is for them.

If you have any questions about the book, feel free to let me know!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: "Bitcoin Basics: 101 Questions and Answers" - new book to help spread knowledge of Bitcoin

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Looks interesting well done.
It may be a good idea to post a thread in the "items for sale" section and sell a few copies on the forum.

It would be good if the forum could get a few copies to giveaway as prizes.
If it's a good book they might agree to help you out.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

EricRSammons
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NdpCfWimwzaEtkp8TFX8D5tNB2dNWTYYc

Re: "Bitcoin Basics: 101 Questions and Answers" - new book to help spread knowledge of Bitcoin

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:05 pm

That's a great idea!

I'm happy to supply 5-10 free copies (or even more if there is interest) to the forum as giveaways or as review copies. Just let me know if you want me to send them all to you, or to individuals who win/request. My only constraint is that I don't think I could afford to ship them to non-US addresses.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”