Hienrich
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13YwEfzsnRWanphqi7RnJkjiGZXXhLh18P

forum.bitcoin.com ranks

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:47 am

Hi,

I am still new to the forum. Can someone explain to me regarding the ranks in this forum? Do you become a certain rank in your have a certain number of posts or reputation? Thanks.
Banking is necessary, Banks are not BTC

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: forum.bitcoin.com ranks

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 am

Hi,

I am still new to the forum. Can someone explain to me regarding the ranks in this forum? Do you become a certain rank in your have a certain number of posts or reputation? Thanks.
You can find a list of the forum ranks here: the-forum/forum-ranks-t3053.html
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Hienrich
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:36 am

Hi,

So does reputation decide your rank or post count? Sorry, the link that you provided is a tad bit hard to understand. I would really appreciate if you could simplify it for me.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:29 am

Hi,

So does reputation decide your rank or post count? Sorry, the link that you provided is a tad bit hard to understand. I would really appreciate if you could simplify it for me.
Only post count we increase the rank, the reputation has nothing to do with a users rank.
If a user tries to reach a higher rank by spamming the forum then they will see their account banned.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Hienrich
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:40 am

Only post count we increase the rank, the reputation has nothing to do with a users rank.
If a user tries to reach a higher rank by spamming the forum then they will see their account banned.
So is reputation like a substitute for the Bitcointalk version of trust? Can I give a random person reputation? How do people get reputation?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:43 am

So is reputation like a substitute for the Bitcointalk version of trust? Can I give a random person reputation? How do people get reputation?
No not really but similar, the system on bitcointalk is "trust" system that is used to leave feedback for deals done or common feedback.
We have a reputation system that is really just for leaving feedback on what another user has said in their post, if you agree strongly then you can leave them a rep point or 2, if you disagree then you can leave negative reputation.

You may give any user "reputation points" if you agree with what they say enough to do so.

Hienrich
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:51 am

No not really but similar, the system on bitcointalk is "trust" system that is used to leave feedback for deals done or common feedback.
We have a reputation system that is really just for leaving feedback on what another user has said in their post, if you agree strongly then you can leave them a rep point or 2, if you disagree then you can leave negative reputation.

You may give any user "reputation points" if you agree with what they say enough to do so.
I see. So I can give you a positive rep point? But then what is stopping someone from making another account and just spamming reputation points onto another "main" account? And if, let's say I give you 1 negative reputation, (don't worry I am not going to do that :)) will it just minus from the positive reputation that you already have or will it branch off to give you 1 negative reputation?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 pm

I see. So I can give you a positive rep point? But then what is stopping someone from making another account and just spamming reputation points onto another "main" account? And if, let's say I give you 1 negative reputation, (don't worry I am not going to do that :)) will it just minus from the positive reputation that you already have or will it branch off to give you 1 negative reputation?
Here's my understanding of how it works: Your reputation determines how much reputation you can hand out. New members can only give one positive rep point per day. When you hit +50 reputation, you can give out two positive rep points per day. I think you need to have +100 reputation in order to give one negative rep point. So you can't just join to down-rep someone. It's very difficult to spam such a system.

The only way you'd be able to do it is to spam-create a hundred accounts to up-rep one account and for sure you're going to get banned if you try carrying that out. :D
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

Hienrich
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:10 am

Here's my understanding of how it works: Your reputation determines how much reputation you can hand out. New members can only give one positive rep point per day. When you hit +50 reputation, you can give out two positive rep points per day. I think you need to have +100 reputation in order to give one negative rep point. So you can't just join to down-rep someone. It's very difficult to spam such a system.

The only way you'd be able to do it is to spam-create a hundred accounts to up-rep one account and for sure you're going to get banned if you try carrying that out. :D
I see. And just one more question. If I rate a post positive, does it add a reputation point to the person who made the post?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:34 am

I see. And just one more question. If I rate a post positive, does it add a reputation point to the person who made the post?
That's right! :)
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

Return to “The Forum”