Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

The Forum - can we agree to call this place of ours?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:03 am

Forum.Bitcoin.com, can we all agree to call this place of ours "The Forum"?

There's a lot of familiar names cruising this forum. We've all first seen, met, or talked with each other some where else, but this place right here is something different, something better.

By definition, a Forum is a public meeting place for open discussion. A Forum was the marketplace of ancient Roman cities and was used for forming the center of judicial and public business. A Forum is a place for experts, entrepreneurs, and commoners alike to gather and learn from each other.

I propose we use this thread to talk about what's great about The Forum, let us celebrate our community among each other!

Conversations held anywhere else are just talk.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Re: The Forum - can we agree to call this place of ours?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 am

I'm way too late, but here's my opinion on this.

I was waaaay too late for the time when bitcointalk was a small group of close members who did a lot for each other. I like to read old threads on bitcoin discussion and technical discussion and see how they mention each other. It's nice.

This forum reminds me of that. Lots of people talk to each other here, and even an idiot could see that theres something different here.
theres a snake in my boot

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:58 am

I like it here. A lot less scamming and whining goes on here then at that other forum.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:37 am

The great thing about this forum is people can post their opinions without getting banned or getting their posts deleted.

Also, it seems like our conversations here are more "natural?" for lack of a better word. Whereas on the other forum it just feels like spamville. I don't blame them though, since earning in most 3rd world countries is very difficult. So the bounty from those signature campaigns do help alot in terms of finances.
Last edited by mjglqw on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://cryptosec.info/

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am

Good idea, I'm happy to call this place simply "The Forum" sounds neat :)

The aim of this forum is not signature campaigns and pointless pay per post users but to build a community where anyone can discuss exactly what they want relating to bitcoin without the fear in will be censored and/or deleted.

I have met members here that i have know for years on bitcointalk but have also met a lot of new users that i didn't previously know from bct, in the end i seem to get on with everyone of these users, this place has a real friendly vibe to it and i hope that continues for years to come.

If ever a user wishes to discuss a topic in private feel free to PM me, i may not answer straight away as i do get a lot of PM's and have other work but i will always try to answer every PM. If someone has taken the time to send me one i at least like to reply to them.

Don't forget if anyone has any ideas on how we can improve this forum please post them here: the-suggestion-box/

Regards: bitkilo.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Nah, you're not too late...you've arrived just in time! This party has only just begun and we're glad you joined us!

What's been the most fascinating thing about Bitcoin for you so far?

I was waaaay too late for the time when bitcointalk was a small group of close members who did a lot for each other. I like to read old threads on bitcoin discussion and technical discussion and see how they mention each other. It's nice.

This forum reminds me of that. Lots of people talk to each other here, and even an idiot could see that theres something different here.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:58 am

Nah, you're not too late...you've arrived just in time! This party has only just begun and we're glad you joined us!

What's been the most fascinating thing about Bitcoin for you so far?

Well, the blockchain is what interests me. The unique concept using some sort of proof of work to create an anonymous ledger. Especially its flexibility. You see this now with all these new coins coming out. There are ICOs advertising all these fantastic projects, it's amazing!

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Awww, you guys!

Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Well, the blockchain is what interests me. The unique concept using some sort of proof of work to create an anonymous ledger. Especially its flexibility. You see this now with all these new coins coming out. There are ICOs advertising all these fantastic projects, it's amazing!
Same here! Although i don't share your enthusiasm for ICOs, the possibilities for the blockchain are really impressive and exciting.

It's going to change the way businesses conduct their work, which will eventually change how society operates for the needy and disenfranchised.

I don't understand the market need for ICOs.

I'm glad you're enjoying your discovery...make sure you invite people to join us here on The Forum!

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Same here! Although i don't share your enthusiasm for ICOs, the possibilities for the blockchain are really impressive and exciting.

It's going to change the way businesses conduct their work, which will eventually change how society operates for the needy and disenfranchised.

I don't understand the market need for ICOs.

I'm glad you're enjoying your discovery...make sure you invite people to join us here on The Forum!
Haha, I understand that many people dislike the idea of ICOs, usually viewing them as cash grabs with premises and very small, private starting communities. I also don't like that aspect, but what can you do?

I just love the concepts that ICOs bring to the table, with many different unique ideas (Despite most of them not actually coming to life, sadly)

Return to “The Forum”