OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Re: NastyMining Green Energy Project

Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:49 pm

In a monumental moment for NastyMining, the switch was flipped just a short while ago to activate our SunPower system. We are now officially solar powered!

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:37 pm

In a monumental moment for NastyMining, the switch was flipped just a short while ago to activate our SunPower system. We are now officially solar powered!

Excellent. This is good news surely. The savings in power cost is going to make our mining return so much more valuable. I really think you have paved the way here for other mining operations of accomplishing what you did.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 pm

The statistics are up and running! Still checking things out, but looking good already this morning (10am & slightly overcast).

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 pm

I like your comment about "renewable solar energy decentralizing bitcoin mining"...do you really think this is possible? And if so how many home solar bitcoin operations need to exist to make a dent in the current stranglehold commercial miners have over the blockchain? Is there any competition to verify transactions that is driven by the hashing power or number machines a miner has?

Are you posting the wind turbine on your property there - or is property secured yet?

I like the idea a lot.

To be an investor I'd need to know more about your larger operation and interest/dividend payouts. And I know you have threads available dedicated to that conversation. I'll check them out.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm

I like your comment about "renewable solar energy decentralizing bitcoin mining"...do you really think this is possible? And if so how many home solar bitcoin operations need to exist to make a dent in the current stranglehold commercial miners have over the blockchain? Is there any competition to verify transactions that is driven by the hashing power or number machines a miner has?

Are you posting the wind turbine on your property there - or is property secured yet?
I think solar energy gives home miners a fighting chance of staying involved in the Bitcoin mining scene long term which can only help decentralization, but won't be a magic bullet.

Solar energy is becoming very popular among residential users in the US. I imagine that the solar energy produced in the future will dwarf any Bitcoin mining usage by a great deal. Thinking of solar energy in terms of only Bitcoin mining is significantly underestimating the effect of widespread solar installation.

I think competition to mining centralization would likely come in the form of some type of Cuckoo Hashing cycle.

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Yeah, I wonder how much scale is needed to start influencing or affecting the balance of bitcoin miners.

Solar energy is great for all the merits it has before one talks about mining for bitcoin. The benefits to mining bitcoin are just "icing on the cake" as some people say.

How much time to ROI are you predicting? Asking the question in hopes that you can answer with a # of months and not divulge any proprietary information.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:37 pm

How much time to ROI are you predicting? Asking the question in hopes that you can answer with a # of months and not divulge any proprietary information.
If all the information I have is accurate, ROI is expected in about 8 years.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Wed May 03, 2017 7:09 am

A 1.2kW 48v wind turbine & grid tie have been purchased for this project courtesy of YoBit.net.  Installation is currently predicted to occur early next month.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Re: [10.7KW Solar/Wind] NastyMining Green Energy Project

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:05 am

The wind turbine sponsored by Yobit.net is up and spinning!  The installation is not finished, as I'm awaiting additional hardware to capture the low voltage electricity when it is spinning at slow speeds and am still awaiting a hi-res image to place on the turbine.  It is however functioning well at high speeds and we have begun generating wind energy in addition to solar!  I wanted to give a "first look" but will post a much more in depth video complete with drone footage as well as showing additional equipment when the installation has been finished.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REnlKvo27go

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:36 am

Gunbot Sponsorship Announcement - Tesla Powerwall 2

Gunbot The Automatic Profit Generator for Kraken, Poloniex, Bittrex has sponsored NastyMining with the purchase of a Tesla Powerwall 2.  Having a battery backup will enable us to go "off the grid" with the ability to mine through power outages as well as allowing for us to store excess off-peak energy production to feed back into the grid at peak rates.  This is another great step forward for NastyMining, as we continue our quest to be a best in class socially responsible Bitcoin mining operation.

The Powerwall is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery stationary energy storage product manufactured by Tesla, Inc.  The Powerwall is intended to be used for home energy storage and stores electricity for solar self-consumption, time of use load shifting, backup power, and off-the-grid use.  The larger Powerpack is intended for commercial or electric utility grid use and can be used for peak shaving, load shifting, backup power, demand response, microgrids, renewable power integration, frequency regulation, and voltage control.

gogandmog
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Wow, what a great looking project. I will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 am

This is interesting. When are you getting those new solar roofs from SolarCity ha ha ?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 am

This is interesting. When are you getting those new solar roofs from SolarCity ha ha ?
Maybe when they can touch the efficiency of the panels we have now. ;)

lexomanian
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:11 am

Wow, this is NASTY in a good way! I feel like this type of method would fix the problem miners usually had: Spending way too much electricity.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:13 am

that's a dream, green energy will significantly reduce the cost in the long run but i wonder what the maintainence and wether changing conditions would effect it or not ?
We'll find out. So far so good.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Sponsorship Expansion!

Gunbot has expanded upon their previous sponsorship of the Tesla Powerwall 2 by purchasing a man-powered generator for NastyMining!  This professional grade eco-cycle is built for commercial fitness facilities and is a great addition to our green energy arsenal as we become a solar/wind/man powered Bitcoin mining operation.

SportsArt ECO-POWR™ G510 Indoor Cycle (link)

Return to “Mining”