vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Bitcoin vanity addresses for sale [withdrawn]

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:10 am

Edit: No longer offering service due to lack of interest. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I'm offering bitcoin vanity addresses (bitcoin addresses that begin with a chosen prefix, e.g. 1BitcoiN...)

If you choose the split-key method, please send me the public key generated by private message or post it here. It's safe to post these.

You can generate a public key part at http://bitaddress.org with your chosen prefix, keep your part-private-key safe somewhere, post or message your prefix, then I get to work on generating the partial private key which completes the vanity wallet address generation. This ensures you do not have to trust me at all, since I will never see your private key.

Example: visit bitaddress.org, navigate to vanity wallet, and click generate. You have a public key and a part private key. Keep the part private key safe. Below these generated keys, at Step 2, once I have generated the vanity address and give the part private key, you would enter your private part of the key, then the private key part that I generate. When this is successful, your vanity address is presented with chosen prefix and public and private keys. The private key you can import directly into Bitcoin Core, Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin XT.

I'm offering prefixes of length up to 7 valid characters (case sensitive or case insensitive) in the ordinary case (asking 0.005 BTC), others by agreement and a small bitcoin deposit which helps cover the cost of my compute resources.

The bitcoin price of a good vanity address you might want depends on whether you think it's worth anything and the estimate time length of computing the address. For most 7-char prefixes, I think 0.005 BTC is fair. I can generate most valid prefixes of that length over night on a machine with 16 Xeon cores.

Thanks, questions or comments welcome.
Last edited by vanityaddrs on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin vanity addresses for sale BTC 0.005

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:48 am

Some address prefixes:

1BitcoiN
1H4ck3r
1Hacker
1Btcoin

... you get the idea.

Nicknames are popular prefixes, sometimes country and continent names, or business or other names if they aren't too computationally difficult.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin vanity addresses for sale

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Please everyone, use the split key method. It is not safe trusting someone with no built up reputation to generate private keys for you. Split key is however, very safe.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Please everyone, use the split key method. It is not safe trusting someone with no built up reputation to generate private keys for you. Split key is however, very safe.
This. I really wouldn't trust anyone to generate a private key for me even if it's someone very reputable. Lol

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:16 pm

This. I really wouldn't trust anyone to generate a private key for me even if it's someone very reputable. Lol
Neither would I. But there is no private key generated. It is computationally infeasible to generate a private key knowing only the partial key with the public key.

If I could recover a private key using the split-key method, then ECC would be fundamentally broken, which it isn't. :)

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Yes, I would encourage everyone to use the split key method. That removes the element of trust entirely.

Return to “Items For Sale (digital)”