katepagava
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Should I cash out my BTC now?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:08 pm

If you had your payment in BTC, would you cash out your money or you would wait increasing of cryptocurrency?

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Re: Should I cash out my BTC now?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

If you had your payment in BTC, would you cash out your money or you would wait increasing of cryptocurrency?
Personally if I were to be paid in btc in my field of work would cash it out and leave a decent amount btc as an investment. I would love to hold majority in bitcoins, but my country is quite far from adopting bitcoin, so I could only spend it online as of now.
https://cryptosec.info/

karasurizero
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:57 pm

I would cash out half of my money from wallet, and I cashed half, because it is not known what will happen in the next six months. Well, we must live on something.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Getting paid in BTC is tough for most people right now, but it will get easier. Revisit this thread in 5 years :)

The main problem right now is that the vast majority of retailers and service providers only take fiat, so until there's a quick way to convert BTC to fiat at the point-of-sale (and there are several promising startups working on it) you'll have to manage both BTC and fiat bank accounts.

For me, if I got paid in BTC, I would try to keep as much in BTC as I possibly could and only convert what I needed to pay my bills. My outlook for BTC is that it can only go up.

Keep in mind that this can't happen too soon. Here in Canada the federal government recently stopped giving out tax refunds as cashable cheques, and now require having your bank account details on file so they can automatically deposit any refunds. It's no small mental leap from that to the government HARVESTING fiat from bank accounts in a time of economic crisis. It's naive to think it can't happen where you are. The tools to do so are being put in place daily.

BTC is the way out from under governments which become tyrannical and desperate. Keep as much as you can, and if you can't keep the keys yourself, keep them with a third party that isn't in your country's jurisdiction.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

CaseyAnthony
Banned
Banned

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm

It depends on where do you live. In developed countries it makes sense to save up your bitcoin, but in developing countries you may want to cash out about 50 %, as not many sellers accept bitcoin in developing countries.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Getting paid in BTC is tough for most people right now, but it will get easier. Revisit this thread in 5 years :)

The main problem right now is that the vast majority of retailers and service providers only take fiat, so until there's a quick way to convert BTC to fiat at the point-of-sale (and there are several promising startups working on it) you'll have to manage both BTC and fiat bank accounts.

For me, if I got paid in BTC, I would try to keep as much in BTC as I possibly could and only convert what I needed to pay my bills. My outlook for BTC is that it can only go up.

Keep in mind that this can't happen too soon. Here in Canada the federal government recently stopped giving out tax refunds as cashable cheques, and now require having your bank account details on file so they can automatically deposit any refunds. It's no small mental leap from that to the government HARVESTING fiat from bank accounts in a time of economic crisis. It's naive to think it can't happen where you are. The tools to do so are being put in place daily.

BTC is the way out from under governments which become tyrannical and desperate. Keep as much as you can, and if you can't keep the keys yourself, keep them with a third party that isn't in your country's jurisdiction.
I would honestly do it this way if I was being paid good. But I would diversify also on other altcoins though.

Jake Roberson
Banned
Banned

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Good Day, I believe it's better to keep your bitcoins not cashed out because it has stable growth on finacial markets without losing any point by this time!

LelyakovaNana

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 am

My outlook for BTC is that it can only go up!

senyap101
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:35 am

I will keep some of my bitcoin but i will immediately sell most of my bitcoins to cash.. For me its too risky to keep your bitcoins for too long as you never know how much your bitcoin will worth in the future

fpivan15
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 pm

I think, now Bitcoins is unstable, it will increase, but not so swiftly like a month ago.

polinaeremina87

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:39 pm

I would advice you to wait 1st August... Everyone predict crazy increase of BTC

fpivan15
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:17 am

what will be happened?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 am

what will be happened?
I really do not see it happening but it depends on who you talk to, some people are 100% convinced that on August 1st the UASF will kick in. They even have their own little hats made up, how cute is that. I am guessing you should be able to purchase one soon in the collectables sections of Ebay right next to the Onecoin memorabilia ;)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 pm

It depends on your situation. I sometimes sell a portion of my Bitcoin earnings, and hold the rest. I have plenty of regrets about selling. I probably sold 50 BTC between $300-600.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:48 pm

It depends on your situation. I sometimes sell a portion of my Bitcoin earnings, and hold the rest. I have plenty of regrets about selling. I probably sold 50 BTC between $300-600.
I used alot of bitcoins when it was around 600. I knew it was going up, but the thing is I didn't expect it to rise THAT fast. Ohwell.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:53 pm

what will be happened?
WTF? oh just a farmed account? Just as the 2 accounts posting before you here.

fpivan15
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:08 pm

what will be happened?
WTF? oh just a farmed account? Just as the 2 accounts posting before you here.
wtf, I just ask...

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”