kateryna.oliinyk
Banned
Banned

Why do we value cryptocurrencies?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 pm

I hold two coins currently, i wish i held more, but i want to get that out there now.
Why do we hold onto these coins? I hold mine because I treat them like stocks, without the ownership. They are a show of good faith towards the developers.
But why do we hold them? Bitcoin has actual value as a store of value. Some other tokens are "fuel". Some other tokens seem to just be, well, tokens. With no value other than supply and demand.
Am i missing something? Did i just miss the day in crypto-school when we all went over whether or not things have an value beyond supply and demand?
Why do you buy or hold any coins? Just wondering.

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Why do we value cryptocurrencies?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:45 pm

I hold two coins currently, i wish i held more, but i want to get that out there now.
Why do we hold onto these coins? I hold mine because I treat them like stocks, without the ownership. They are a show of good faith towards the developers.
But why do we hold them? Bitcoin has actual value as a store of value. Some other tokens are "fuel". Some other tokens seem to just be, well, tokens. With no value other than supply and demand.
Am i missing something? Did i just miss the day in crypto-school when we all went over whether or not things have an value beyond supply and demand?
Why? Its easy, because cryptomarket mad, and there is always possibility to earn some goodies

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:46 pm

I don't think there's value in own many crypto-currencies, 3-4 max are worth it, the rest are just imitations.

I hold for some of the same reasons as you, investment value and such. But the reason they have demand to begin with (which is what drives the investment value we're seeking) is because it represents a monetary system that drastically improves upon the government-controlled, government-manipulated, perennially-inflating , middle-man requiring fiat currency we're all required to use.

The fact that almost any transaction I make with MY MONEY requires a middle-man to charge me a fee is enraging. I can't even get cash out of the bank without a fee from an ATM or spending time going to the damn bank!

This global monetary system can be improved to each person in control of their own money...and bitcoin is that improvement. It's fantastic.

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:05 pm

I don't think there's value in own many crypto-currencies, 3-4 max are worth it, the rest are just imitations.

I hold for some of the same reasons as you, investment value and such. But the reason they have demand to begin with (which is what drives the investment value we're seeking) is because it represents a monetary system that drastically improves upon the government-controlled, government-manipulated, perennially-inflating , middle-man requiring fiat currency we're all required to use.

The fact that almost any transaction I make with MY MONEY requires a middle-man to charge me a fee is enraging. I can't even get cash out of the bank without a fee from an ATM or spending time going to the damn bank!

This global monetary system can be improved to each person in control of their own money...and bitcoin is that improvement. It's fantastic.
U know, the populairty of cryptocurrency make blockchain system one of the most discussed in the world and as a result it can be integrated into the many spheres of our life

KirillManhattan
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:10 am

I would not say that I appreciate, but I think that the reason for the Crypto currency is tempting. This is the future in the sphere of settlements and, accordingly, this is what people will live for and now it is necessary to take and inject into the industry

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:46 pm

I would not say that I appreciate, but I think that the reason for the Crypto currency is tempting. This is the future in the sphere of settlements and, accordingly, this is what people will live for and now it is necessary to take and inject into the industry
This is what people will live for? Usual people cant make money money only from mining, just because its indeed too much investments

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:04 am

Some other tokens seem to just be, well, tokens. With no value other than supply and demand.
Some coins definitely has value. Every other cryptocurrency has its own different goals and uses.
e.g. Bitcoin as a global currency, Siacoin as a cloud storage platform, ethereum for smart contracts, etc.

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Some other tokens seem to just be, well, tokens. With no value other than supply and demand.
Some coins definitely has value. Every other cryptocurrency has its own different goals and uses.
e.g. Bitcoin as a global currency, Siacoin as a cloud storage platform, ethereum for smart contracts, etc.
Now we value more as a trading asset and not as a cryptostaff

vitalino

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Because I also consider it a kind of stock. And even on this you can earn good money now

senyap101
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:40 am

I value them simply because the price itself can go really high surpassing gold... It is also quite secured as you never have to worry about the people stealing from you (If you know how to keep it safe).

It is quite easy and fast to pay and sell with bitcoin unlike banks which takes like days to approve your transaction..

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:53 pm

I hold two coins currently, i wish i held more, but i want to get that out there now.Image
Basically the same reason we value everything else: gold, dollar, eur.
The more people recognise it as legitimate means of payment or store of value, the higher the price.
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:24 am

I hold two coins currently, i wish i held more, but i want to get that out there now.Image
Basically the same reason we value everything else: gold, dollar, eur.
The more people recognise it as legitimate means of payment or store of value, the higher the price.
R we rly value it as a gold? rofl, we cant even touch it

Daniel west
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Most of the traditional currencies (ones that almost every country have of their own) aren't really backed up by anything, so why do we value them? It's the same with cryptos. First and foremost it's based on trust, but some of them are actually backed up by material things, e.g. disc space, gold, e.t.c.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 pm

For the vast majority of coins, the answer is we hold them for speculation. Specifically, we're using the greater fool theory. We speculate that a greater fool will come along, and we'll be able to sell our coins to them at a higher price than we originally paid.
Copy paste? or are you Disrupter52? https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency ... urrencies/

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:29 am

For the vast majority of coins, the answer is we hold them for speculation. Specifically, we're using the greater fool theory. We speculate that a greater fool will come along, and we'll be able to sell our coins to them at a higher price than we originally paid.
Copy paste? or are you Disrupter52? https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency ... urrencies/
haha, looks like dat:D

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:46 am

Anonimity.

Quick transactions.

Possible to launder money.

Speculation (greater fool theory).

New tech bias (something new is exciting).

Many reasons.
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

Emily_Green99
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 98765432112345678900

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 am

We appreciate the cryptocurrency, because it's a great way to invest money and make a profit. In addition, most countries introduce cryptocurrency in real life of people. It can be said that soon the cryptocurrency will replace the usual cash.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”