Denishayes89
Banned
Banned

The strongest will win

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:21 pm

What do you think, which cryptocurrency can be considered a direct competitor to BTC and ETH, why?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Re: The strongest will win

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Competitors to BTC will almost certainly be those based off the original Bitcoin code. I think the strongest contenders right now are Litecoin, Monero and ZCash. But honestly, anything could change overnight.

The biggest direct competitor to Etherium is oddly Etherium Classic. I really wonder how that will all play out. :?

Don't forget Ripple, which is a different kind of token altogether, but one not really targeted at consumer-level transactions.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

katepagava
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Litecoin is one of the older alternative digital currencies out there, having emerged in 2011. Like bitcoin, there is no central authority, new coins are created through solving algorithms, and over time these algorithms are becoming more difficult to solve.

There are many important differences, however. Litecoin’s overall cap limit is set at 84 million, compared to bitcoin’s 21 million. The algorithms themselves are much easier to solve and can still be solved without special mining equipment. Further, litecoin blocks are created every 2.5 minutes, compared to bitcoin’s 10 minutes, making it possible to support far more transactions.

Currently, Litecoin is the world’s fourth largest digital currency, by market cap, weighing in at about $175 million.

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:54 am

What do you think, which cryptocurrency can be considered a direct competitor to BTC and ETH, why?
To Bitcoin, right now it's Litecoin with Monero potentially being 3rd. The only reason I mention Monero though is because they a feature that makes their blockchain and technology truly anonymous. I suppose Dash should fit in there but I don't know enough about them.

Currently there is no competitor to Ethereum. There's no other company offering a template blockchain platform upon which organizations, start ups, governments, corporations, etc., can launch their blockchain-based project.

georgieS

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BitBA9zZDzTGNXJwPSesWtViWJf2JFYyt

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:32 am

I`d also bet on litecoin as the biggest one. And also we need to find so-called spheres of interest and know where is used one or another. In that way we will see the difference

kateryna.oliinyk
Banned
Banned

Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:25 pm

The biggest direct competitor to Etherium is oddly Etherium Classic. I really wonder how that will all play out.

goldenslot mobile
GCLUB
Really!

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Really!
Panharith just repeated what I said and included a spammy link. :( Probably a bot.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Like the others, I'd also say Litecoin and Monero(XMR). There are alot of quite new altcoins that definitely has the potential, but there is currently no assurance that they will be good competitors or just hyped up altcoins.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Litecoin is one of the older alternative digital currencies out there, having emerged in 2011. Like bitcoin, there is no central authority, new coins are created through solving algorithms, and over time these algorithms are becoming more difficult to solve.

There are many important differences, however. Litecoin’s overall cap limit is set at 84 million, compared to bitcoin’s 21 million. The algorithms themselves are much easier to solve and can still be solved without special mining equipment. Further, litecoin blocks are created every 2.5 minutes, compared to bitcoin’s 10 minutes, making it possible to support far more transactions.

Currently, Litecoin is the world’s fourth largest digital currency, by market cap, weighing in at about $175 million.
CVopy paste? or are you Brian Booker? https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-alternative-6-coins/

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”