mrmr

Restored wallet. QT client says transactions are confilcted.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 am

Ok, so I restored my Dogecoin backup wallet file after not using it since approx the end of November 2014 based on transaction history and the file creation date of the wallet.dat backup file and now I am having an an issue.

It shows the balance as being 0 (it shouldn't be) but shows all transactions dates of incoming and outgoing payments from the wallet.dat backup but all those transactions in transaction details say conflicted. What is going on here? I do not have an amazing amount of doge in this wallet but I would prefer not to loose it either. I am confused as to what I am missing. I am not a newbie to crypto (although new to this forum hello by the way) been using it on and off for a number of years now, but this has me stumped. Would also say that I am an advanced computer user so nothing about this should be that hard but not having much success to finding a solution as to why I am having this issue. Did a bit of research online and am coming up with very little. My only thought is that this wallet backup come from a pre-fork of which I think there have been at least a few from what I am seeing online in which case what would I do to fix it?

So far this has been my process:

1. Downloaded the new Dogecoin 1.10.0 x64 bit installer and installed the program.
2. Navigated to C:\Users\[my computer user name]\AppData\Roaming\Dogecoin and replaced the new wallet.dat created by the new install with my backup file that was renamed wallet.dat
3. Launched the program
4. Downloaded the blockchain (took forever)
5. Says everything is synced up to date and has active connections.
6. Shows my transaction history in the Transactions tab with date, time, amount, id and details but in status it says conflicted for all past transactions it also shows that the wallet in that transaction history that I have received way more doge then sent so this is where I am stumped.

It even allowed me to change the password on the encryption of the wallet file though the program so what is it that I am missing here?

Does it have to do with a fork or something else? Really would like to have my doge back! Any help would be much appreciated!

mrmr

Re: Restored wallet. QT client says transactions are confilcted.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:29 am

After spending all afternoon/evening researching it seems that backup is completely messed up. Tried all sort of methods including attempting to dump the private keys to get the coins and nothing seems to have worked. In a desperate search I went digging though old hard drives (of which I have many) and found a more recent backup of of my wallet.dat. I imported that file and reloaded and it worked like a charm. Tried to delete the above post but the forum will not let me. Mods if you would like to delete it your more then welcome. Problem Solved.

Return to “Dogecoin”