Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Who will you ask about Bitcoin today?

Thu May 18, 2017 7:20 am

The only real way to grow the adoption of Bitcoin is for each of us to talk about it with our family, friends, workmates, and local businesses.

In fact, we need to do more than talk about it. Talking about it just tells a story. Asking about incites action. And suggested action from a friend or acquaintance is more trustworthy. Hearing someone close to you talk about Bitcoin could ease misconceptions, confusion, and concerns about what Bitcoin really is and how it's used.

Here's the challenge for each of you...every day find 1 person to ask about bitcoin!

Questions to ask:
  • *Do you accept bitcoin [for payment]?
    *Did you buy any bitcoin today?
    *What news did you hear about bitcoin this week?
    *What's your biggest fear about bitcoin?
I want to hear from all of you about (1) Who you asked about bitcoin today? and (2) What questions are you asking to the people in your community about bitcoin?

Together we can grow this market!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Who will you ask about Bitcoin today?

Thu May 18, 2017 7:50 am

~snip~
Questions to ask:
  • *Do you accept bitcoin [for payment]?
    *Did you buy any bitcoin today?
    *What news did you hear about bitcoin this week?
    *What's your biggest fear about bitcoin?
I want to hear from all of you about (1) Who you asked about bitcoin today? and (2) What questions are you asking to the people in your community about bitcoin?
Questions to ask:
  • *Do you accept bitcoin [for payment]? - I ask most places i go, many are too busy to have time to discuss it, some others can be interested to know more.
    *Did you buy any bitcoin today? - I have been telling people to buy bitcoin since it was at about $120 per coin, only did one listen and he sold at $700 on the last drop
    *What news did you hear about bitcoin this week? - Not too many people i know care about bitcoin but if i see that it has been in the mainstream media then i will ask work colleges.
    *What's your biggest fear about bitcoin? - People often say they fear they are right about bitcoin and it will all colapse soon and lots of people will loose money.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 am

Talked to my parents about it months ago. Thry simply just shrugged it off since they think it's just a PayPal substitute or something. It's really quite difficult to convince non tech-savvy people.

*Do you accept bitcoin [for payment]? Yes. I sell some items on purse.io for some extra pocket cash. Being in a 3rd world country is difficult in terms of finances.
*Did you buy any bitcoin today? Nope
*What news did you hear about bitcoin this week? News mostly about how blockchain tech helped people in other countries.
*What's your biggest fear about bitcoin? Bitcoin simply dying. Very unlikely, but possible.

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 am

Shrugs, fear, only one person really listening....sounds familiar.

We all need to keep at it!

My original intent for the questions was samples for people to use in their daily conversations...but I like that you're answering them here too!

Who else?

edita
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 19, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't think there's someone can answer me.
android root

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat May 20, 2017 5:37 am

android root
I'll answer you, friend. :D

So there's no one you can talk with about bitcoin? You should just start with the guy/gal behind the counter at your local coffee shop - next time you buy coffee, before you hand over payment you say "Do you folks accept bitcoin?"

One comment like that each day, from each of us, would start to generate a mighty wind of bitcoin mentions.

Who's with me?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat May 20, 2017 8:31 am

android root
I'll answer you, friend. :D

So there's no one you can talk with about bitcoin? You should just start with the guy/gal behind the counter at your local coffee shop - next time you buy coffee, before you hand over payment you say "Do you folks accept bitcoin?"

One comment like that each day, from each of us, would start to generate a mighty wind of bitcoin mentions.

Who's with me?
Word of mouth can be the best way to promote a product and bitcoin is no different. If you ask 30 people a week if they know about bitcoin then you may get 1 listen then go home and look it up but even if it's only 1 person that listens it will be worth it.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

farhan236
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:31 am

Bit coin is now most popular there are many people using Bitcoin for making payment and purchasing through bitcoin

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:13 am

Given the volume of mainstream press on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and the Blockchain I've been sharing articles with family and friends from news sources that I know they find credible to help improve the perception and familiarity of each of these "players" in the crypto-currency industry.

For example, the news from Fidelity Investments CEO that she was devoting time and money to researching bitcoin and that they'd implemented the use of the currency in their office cafe was a great article to share with family and investor friends.

Here it is so you may share it as well: https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/20 ... story.html

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm

I introduced a neighbor who's in the finance and accounting field to Bitcoin and the blockchain this weekend. I was surprised that this person had never heard of the blockchain and had barely heard of bitcoin. I kind of feel bad because I feel like their missing out on something that they'd genuinely appreciate given their career field.

The takeaway was that this person was genuinely interested, intrigued and wanted to learn more. We all need to choose one person each week (at least) to bring up bitcoin and/or the blockchain to. It'll work. A single mention or short conversation can lead to that person googling and reading and eventually coming on this forum and asking "so, how do I buy bitcoin?"

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm

I've heard my Dad and brother mention Bitcoin in passing a couple times but it was always during times when we didn't have a moment to talk. They at least know about it though! I should make sure I make some time for it.

In particular, my dad got introduced to it via a ultra-conservative friend, and that Fedcoin paper that was going around a while back. It basically said these digital currencies were the new way for the government to track everything we earn and spend. :roll: It's really a much brighter future than that!

Part of explaining Bitcoin to people is explaining what Bitcoin is NOT! :)
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 am

Newspapers ofc:D

katepagava
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Probably Forums lol, there we can write any question we want)

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”