1) It will likely take many years for Litecoin to reach it's block limit. By then, a solution like Lightning Networks will likely be available to help Litecoin grow it's transaction throughput without sacrificing security and decentralization. Bitcoin would have beta tested this for us.1) What are your plans once Litecoin reaches it's block limit.
2) What did you mean when you said "LTC does not need development right now."https://twitter.com/satoshilite/status/ ... 8740283393 (I know what you meant but trolls like to take this one out of context.)
3) You once said in the troll box "I will make sure to get LTC on Coinbase. If I can't, I will quit. How about that?", were you trolling or being serious?
4) If Coinbase is not profitable why are they not adding LTC on it's exchange at the bare minimum? Gemini has expressed interest in adding Litecoin will Coinbase be forced to add LTC once they do?
5) Are there any plans for the LTC devs to be more vocal like quarterly updates or monthly updates ? Getting information from the Litecoin Devs is like pulling teeth.
Having talk to most of the core devs, I think the majority of them are in favor of increasing the block size limit. The only question is how much and how fast. And they have not been able to come to a consensus on that. I think they are more in favor of BIP100 than BIP101, but still think that BIP100 is broken. I think the scaling bitcoin conference in HK will do a lot to help us reach consensus. I will be there.Hi Charlie!
How is it going with the blocksize issue? What are Core Developers opinion regarding BIP 100 and especially BIP 101? Do you think it can be resolved even if Gavin might not go to the scaling bitcoin event in hong kong during Dec?
Also Coinbase has announced that it will support BIP101 proposal for now,what are opinions regarding that?
Also what do you think of theymos(on bitcoin reddit) blocking brian armstrong and potentially coinbase from the subreddit?
Litecoin, of course!Which digital currency (litecoin,dogecoin, peercoin etc) do you think will be the biggest competitor or which shows higher chance of success to bitcoin in 5 years
I spend about 95/5 split between Bitcoin and Litecoin since I work full time on Bitcoin at Coinbase. Although Litecoin is my thing, I know that in order for Litecoin to succeed, Bitcoin must first become adopted by the mass. My passion is to help crypto-currency become the reserve currency of the world.Thanks so much for participating Charlie!
What percent of your time do you spend on Bitcoin things vs Litecoin things currently?
What do you see as the biggest difference between the two communities?
The plan was not for Litecoin to overtake Bitcoin. And I don't see that happening except for an extremely rare scenario. I think Bitcoin/Litecoin is a good 1-2 crypto-currency punch against the world of fiat currencies.Did you ever see Litecoin taking over Bitcoin?
1) I plan to travel to HK/Taiwan/Shanghai next month. And I've asked Bobby Lee, my brother, to help me plan some stuff. What do you have in mind that I could be doing when I'm there?Hi Charlie,
Thank you very much for doing this.
1.) Litecoin creates the most volume in China. Are there any special events planned to maximize Litecoins Market Importance there? Are you in contact with the chinese community?
2.) Are there any plans to increase Litecoin adaption?
3.) Is Warren still the Lead Developer of Litecoin and/or part of the development-team?
4.) What do you think can be done to attract and encourage more people to be part of the Litecoin-community and maybe participate in more community-projects?
5.) If the block-size issue can't be fixxed in the nearer future,What role can Litecoin play/take in your point of view?
6.) What is your opinion about Ethereum in general and Smart-Contracts in particular? This seems to get a lot of attention right now.
Thank you very much
1) Litecoin will grow quite a bit in the next 2 years. The future is bright!Hi Charlie
- What do you think about the future of Litecoin... like now and the next 1 or 2 years?
- Do you think that bitcoin & litecoin will be THE future of digital money? Or will it don't excist anymore...? if that is possible...?
- What price do you think litecoin will have for each litecoin in 2016...?
The plan has always to be for Litecoin to be used as money in everyday transactions alongside with Bitcoin. My plan is to first help Bitcoin/Litecoin reach the mass and I know Coinbase will play a big part in that.Hi Charlie, where would you like to see Litecoin in 5 years from now? What's your game plan to take from where it is today, to where you envision it to be?
It was early 2013. Warren was very active with Litecoin development and was the best person to lead the project.Charlie,
Glad to see you are still riding my coat tails. :p. Wondering when you decided to let Warren take over the project.
Google did not have any crypto-currency projects at that time. Switching to work at Coinbase meant less pay, less benefits, and an hour commute. But it was pretty much a no-brainer since I now get to work on crypto-currency full time! I have not regretted this decision one bit... one lite.Hi Charlie,
Thanks for doing the AMA!
Leaving Google to join Coinbase must have been a difficult decision, although the [bitcoin price] run up prior to July was pretty epic. Was there anything about that decision that you can share with us that helped you leave Google for a bitcoin company?
Yes, Coinbase has been spending most of our resources addressing the current use cases of Bitcoin: trading, storing, and spending. Next year, we plan to spend a bit more time innovating and thinking up new ways to push this technology. Will see if we can come up with the next killer app!Hi Charlie,
I understand first and foremost your position is to keep the Coinbase machine running smoothly. Do you find it's tough to make time to innovate and do experiments on new ways to use this technology? Do you have any opinion on Blockstream's proposed implementation in terms of performance or security improvements? I won't ask if coinbase is considering
It is best for you to answer that question for yourself. I won't give investment advice. A lot of people think Bitcoin is a pump and dump also. For me, I will not be spending my time working on Bitcoin/Litecoin if I thought they were pump and dumps.Hi Charlie,
Here is another Question from another forum i should ask you:
Robert01 asked: Can you give me a few reasons why Litecoin is more than a pump and dump coin right now and why i should invest more time and -in the end- money in it? Why Litecoin is necessary in the future besides Bitcoin? And is there a possibility that Coinbase will be available in Germany in the near future? Thanks
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests