SpaceMonkey
Banned
Banned

Here is alot of chinese spam. Why is that?

Fri May 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello,

i see alot of chinese posters. Why is that?
Visit bitcoin.org for free and censorship free informations without any business interests!

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Re: Here is alot of chinese spam. Why is that?

Fri May 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello,

People trying to advertise some links. I don't even know what they are honestly since 90% of spam are in Chinese characters lol.
https://cryptosec.info/

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue May 30, 2017 2:03 am

We just delete them as they come in.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue May 30, 2017 3:16 am

Hello,

We see all different types of spam posted here, some legal some illegal but all spam.
I have seen spam from abortion drug sellers, fake money, uni degrees, you name it we have probably seen it at one time or another. The best thing you can do if you see any is just report the post and one of us moderators will nuke it as soon as we can.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 am

Hello,

Scammers gonna scam. I used to run a forum a few years ago and it would get flooded with spam too. Most spammers just have automated bots that do most of the dirty work. There isn't much that can be done unless there are some custom scripts written to filter or do some other fancy stuff. I think phpbb has some plugins to help with this too.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Usually, a captcha will stop spammers. But sometimes, people will be really persistent and use either AI or crowd-based captcha solving tools.

It's extremely hard to stop spammers, as they're bots are constantly changing and upgrading. My best idea to fool then would be to randomise the HTML and screw up their DOM navigation.
theres a snake in my boot

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Usually, a captcha will stop spammers. But sometimes, people will be really persistent and use either AI or crowd-based captcha solving tools.

It's extremely hard to stop spammers, as they're bots are constantly changing and upgrading. My best idea to fool then would be to randomise the HTML and screw up their DOM navigation.
CAPTCHA doesn't work that well. There are some well known studies (didn't bother looking sorry) online about how bots have been able to machine learn them and they are easily bypassed now. We have CAPTCHA on the forum but as you can see, it isn't doing much. We also require all new users to activate their email as another step, which doesn't do much. Almost everything is automated these days. We have some things in the works but at the end of the day spam will always be a problem. Unless we charged a Bitcoin micro-transaction fee, which is what Hashcash was invented for. Alas, with Bitcoin fees through the roof, that is no longer a viable model (nobody would want to pay a micro-transaction + a $5 fee!).

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:11 pm

CAPTCHA doesn't work that well. There are some well known studies (didn't bother looking sorry) online about how bots have been able to machine learn them and they are easily bypassed now. We have CAPTCHA on the forum but as you can see, it isn't doing much. We also require all new users to activate their email as another step, which doesn't do much. Almost everything is automated these days. We have some things in the works but at the end of the day spam will always be a problem. Unless we charged a Bitcoin micro-transaction fee, which is what Hashcash was invented for. Alas, with Bitcoin fees through the roof, that is no longer a viable model (nobody would want to pay a micro-transaction + a $5 fee!).
CAPTCHA will definitely not help that much. It only costs a few cents for a captcha to be solved using a 3rd party CAPTCHA solver.
https://cryptosec.info/

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 pm

CAPTCHA will definitely not help that much. It only costs a few cents for a captcha to be solved using a 3rd party CAPTCHA solver.
ReCaptcha defenitely doesn't. But there are some captchas that are much better at fooling bots, like those ones where you have to rotate the ball to a certain orientation. It would be loaded after the HTML, making it even harder for the bot.
theres a snake in my boot

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:56 pm

The spam here is posted by humans rather than bots so captchas of any kind are likely to be wholly inept at keeping them at bay.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:34 am

Looks like we are not the only bitcoin forum being hit with the Chinese spam:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1951198.0
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “The Forum”