bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

New Competition Ideas

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:10 am

As most of you would be aware the forum.bitcoin.com 4btc prize competition has ended with 4 very happy members.
3 members won a total of 0.7btc each plus extra prizes and 1 lucky user walked away with the 1st prize of 1.9btc.
Results can be found here
Although we had a couple of small hiccups at the start (1 that i admit was completely my fault) they did not effect the outcome of the competition and overall in the end it was ran fair and transparent for all users involved.

Now that the big comp has come to an end we need some ideas from our members on what we can do for the regular users that post here often, we would like to run more competitions in the future to reward the members who are helping make this forum the great community it.

So what would you guys like to see us run next, charity auctions, free ticket raffles, charity raffles, logo design comps, tutorial posts and videos creation competitions, you get the idea so let us know what you would like to see happen here in the future, you can even suggest the rules if you want and if we think it's fair and other members agree then we could give it a go.

The prizes on offer will most likely be items from the bitcoin store and anything we can get donated from members or suppliers.
Members who would like to donate anything for a future competitions can either send myself or Freemont a PM to discuss. If a members was to donate a prize then I am sure we could give them a special mention somehow to show our appreciation. ;)

So put your thinking caps on and start thinking up some something new and different we can run for you guys, please post your ideas below.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Re: New Competition Ideas

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

What about something like a "Member of the Month" where a member is selected to receive a prize for having the best monthly contributions to the forum?

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm

What about something like a "Member of the Month" where a member is selected to receive a prize for having the best monthly contributions to the forum?
this is a good idea. could also make the forum more active.

Who would pay for the prizes though? :S
https://cryptosec.info/

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:19 pm

You could even extend the idea to a set of monthly Bitcoin awards. "Post of the Month" or "Thread of the Month" or "Moderator of the Month" or "Most Accurate Prediction of the Month" where everyone guesses what the Bitcoin price will be at the end of the upcoming month... Monthly is pretty frequently... Perhaps it could start as quarterly in the beginning to see if it gains momentum.

Another idea would be a tip fund where a staff member reviews positively rated posts and hands out small tips as appropriate.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:45 am

You could even extend the idea to a set of monthly Bitcoin awards. "Post of the Month" or "Thread of the Month" or "Moderator of the Month" .
Sounds good, mod of the month has been added with a first prize of BTC1, mods can win consecutive months straight, lol, only joking guys we are here for the good of the forum and to see this place expand and become a great community where people can discuss bitcoin, prizes would be great too but we all took on this job as volunteers and i think it would be better to reward our users first.

On saying that i think that for some of the future competitions moderators should be able to win, especially those like LiteCoinGuy that have contributed and still do contribute a lot of topics to the forum news section, lately they may be mostly anti Unlimited but that's what this forum is about, letting people have their say no matter what side they sit on, how many pro Unlimited mod do they have posting on bitcointalk, probably not many.
Not a lot of the moderators are very active here so maybe a little push with something like this could help. I would like to give them out member sign up bonuses but it would be a nightmare tracking alt accounts if we had a bad actor or 2.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 am

One big event that i have planned should be happening within the next few weeks, just waiting on a few responses before starting but i have organised for an AMA with Lyn Ulbricht to take place on our forum and she has graciously agreed.
The thing is i don't just want this to be just an ordinary AMA, it was Ross's 33rd birthday only a couple of weeks ago and another that he had to spend away from family and friends so i am planning on turning this into late fundraising birthday event for Ross.
I want to run a couple of charity auctions and raffles, maybe a giveaway or 2 with all bitcoins raised being donated directly to the FreeRoss fund.

I will personally donate a couple of things, one being a matching set of goxxed physical bitcoins in gold and silver, and maybe another coin i have, these will be raffled off in a slightly different type of raffle than is normally seen.
The bitcoin shop will be donating a couple of t-shirts and whatever else i can beg from them to be raffled or auctioned off.

Once the fund raising is all over we could organized for a belated birthday card to be sent into Ross with the usernames of all those that donated any bitcoins throughout the event hand written in the card, i know he would be so please to receive something personal like that.

If anyone else has any ideas on how we could raise more money or what else you would like to see added to the event then please let us know below.

If anyone has any goods or anything they would like to donate to this worthy cause then please post here or if you wish to remain anonymous you can always PM or email myself and we can work out a way for the prizes to be distributed, if you donate something then you get to set the rules on how that prize is given away as long as it is fair to all :)

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 am

Auctions and raffles corresponding with the AMA events is a smart idea.

I've noticed that some sub-forums get significantly more traffic than others. Whatever competitions are generated, I'd suggest making them sub-forum-specific so you can drive traffic around the Forum and not just to one or two primary areas. It's difficult to generate ANY discussion when you find out you're really just talking to yourself in one of these sub-forums.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:03 pm

One big event that i have planned should be happening within the next few weeks, just waiting on a few responses before starting but i have organised for an AMA with Lyn Ulbricht to take place on our forum and she has graciously agreed.
The thing is i don't just want this to be just an ordinary AMA, it was Ross's 33rd birthday only a couple of weeks ago and another that he had to spend away from family and friends so i am planning on turning this into late fundraising birthday event for Ross.
I want to run a couple of charity auctions and raffles, maybe a giveaway or 2 with all bitcoins raised being donated directly to the FreeRoss fund.

I will personally donate a couple of things, one being a matching set of goxxed physical bitcoins in gold and silver, and maybe another coin i have, these will be raffled off in a slightly different type of raffle than is normally seen.
The bitcoin shop will be donating a couple of t-shirts and whatever else i can beg from them to be raffled or auctioned off.

Once the fund raising is all over we could organized for a belated birthday card to be sent into Ross with the usernames of all those that donated any bitcoins throughout the event hand written in the card, i know he would be so please to receive something personal like that.

If anyone else has any ideas on how we could raise more money or what else you would like to see added to the event then please let us know below.

If anyone has any goods or anything they would like to donate to this worthy cause then please post here or if you wish to remain anonymous you can always PM or email myself and we can work out a way for the prizes to be distributed, if you donate something then you get to set the rules on how that prize is given away as long as it is fair to all :)
That AMA would be very interesting. How are we gonna pull this off though? Since if I remember correctly he's in jail?

Or are the questions gonna be given to a sort of like 3rd party and that person would ask the questions to Ross in jail?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
https://cryptosec.info/

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:37 pm

That AMA would be very interesting. How are we gonna pull this off though? Since if I remember correctly he's in jail?

Or are the questions gonna be given to a sort of like 3rd party and that person would ask the questions to Ross in jail?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The AMA will be with Ross's mother Lyn Ulbricht.
We can get general letters and cards into Ross after the event.

Return to “The Suggestion Box”