rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

JP Buntinx should be fired.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:09 am

Below is a copy of an email I sent to The Merkle in regards to this article.

I’m emailing in regards to this article: https://themerkle.com/roger-ver-has-not ... cu-tokens/
It was written in reference to this thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1836672.0

JP has intentionally misrepresented the facts, and there can be no excuse other than a willful disregard for the truth on his part.

The entire thread is public.
I privately contacted Loaded and provided him with all of my personal contact details so we could finalize the deal.
To date, he hasn’t contacted me, and hasn’t updated his thread either.
On the other hand, I was very diligent in keeping the public informed of the status:

To any sane person, it would appear that if anyone is backing out, it is Loaded.
Sadly JP has reported the exact opposite of the truth in his article.

I’ve enjoyed many previous articles on your site, and I look forward to seeing you uphold your reputation by firing any author who would willingly misrepresent the truth in such a manner.

With the best intentions,

Roger Ver
roger@bitcoin.com
Visit the all new https://www.bitcoin.com
Last edited by Fremont on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Ranes11

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PUMDQhWhymGiWTexVjRLbm7WTb6ikoCcd

Re: JP Buntinx should be fired.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:33 am

nice to see you.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 am

You couldn't expect much from a Merkle article, it's the headlines that sell.

At times i think that the Merkle must have a motto of - "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

torusJKL
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 am

That really is a bad misinterpretation.
At the least they could say that the deal did not go through because of unknown reasons.

@rogerver I don't think they will fire the author. But you could ask them to correct the article and state the facts right.

If they don't do that then it is not only the author who has an agenda.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Seems like jdebunt may be feeling a little butthurt over this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg18438371
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

jackboss
Banned
Banned

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Nice to meet you.

jdebunt
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:37 pm

I find it very flattering you guys open a personal thread just for me, very cute.

I also noticed you first got my name wrong, but i'm not offended, since hardly anyone can get it right. Kinda shameful, since my name is publicly listed everywhere. Just copy and paste, it's not hard.

It is worth mentioning I sued to work for Roger at the bitcoin.com site. Then again, i was just a number on the payroll, otherwise you could at least try to get my name right.

Oh, that's right, you wouldn't remember me. as you weren't actively involved in the day-to-day operations of the site at that point. That is, other than to point out which topics we SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT COVER. So much for your "I'm anti-censorship" stance, right?

I also find it quite interesting suggest I should get "fired'. It is because i quit working for the site so many months ago you still hold a grudge?

Rest assured I will keep monitoring your shenanigans, Mr. Ver, as I firmly believe there are quite a more skeletons coming out of your closet in the future.

Just for the record, you guys keep referring to me as a":journalist", even though i never claimed to be done. I work freelance, I have an opinion, and not everyone can handle it.

Provide public proof of your intent to buy the BCU tokens, or go home, Mr. Ver

So far, you failed to provide any public proof to EVERYONE. Yet I'm the bad guy for pointing that out? Kudos to you.
Freelance Bitcoin | Blockchain | FinTech | Finance | Technology Writer

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

I also noticed you first got my name wrong, but i'm not offended, since hardly anyone can get it right. Kinda shameful, since my name is publicly listed everywhere. Just copy and paste, it's not hard.

It is worth mentioning I sued to work for Roger at the bitcoin.com site. Then again, i was just a number on the payroll, otherwise you could at least try to get my name right.
Come on JP - regardless of the subject matter at hand, attacking typos and spelling errors is a tad rich when you make such errors yourself. I'll hold my hands up and admit that I'm also one of the people that have gotten your surname wrong on multiple occasions. :oops:

themerkle

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:33 am

I realize now you were the last person to respond to the thread, not sure why it took me so long but article is removed. Will write another piece with more accurate info.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:13 am

I realize now you were the last person to respond to the thread, not sure why it took me so long but article is removed. Will write another piece with more accurate info.
Thank you!

Jean-Pierre, I'm sorry I mistakenly assumed you went by JP as short hand for Jean-Pierre.
I've publicly and privately asked Loaded to contact me. He has not contacted me to date, so that means he is the one backing out of the offer.
That public information means your article's title was a lie, and that is why your editor has removed it from the site. Good riddance.
topic7039.html

torusJKL
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 pm

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:50 am

This is still a horrible article with many inaccuracies.
If anyone at the Bitcoin.com news team intentionally misrepresented the truth in such a way, they would be fired immediately.
I like the Merkle, but I think they need to hold themselves to a higher standard.
topic7039.html

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”