Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
OctStrategy
AMA
AMA

I'm Ryan Rabaglia, Head Trader of Octagon Strategy Ltd. AMA :)

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:16 am

Hello Everyone :)

My name is Ryan Rabaglia, Head Trader for Octagon Strategy Limited.

Just a bit of background about myself, I've over 15 years of financial trading experience across all major product spaces, including equities, commodities and FX from New York to Hong Kong. These experiences allowed me to have a deep knowledge of electronic trade execution as well as market making strategies and technical analysis.

I've always been interested in the financial markets and that's precisely what drew me to digital asset trading, which was fairly unknown back then. I've started my own proprietary trading shop in New York and also worked in a multinational oil company in Hong Kong, so I'm familiar with working on small to large trading desks.

I've been featured in Bloomberg, The Washington Post as well as CoinDesk, where I gave my opinion/spoke about various market related topics.

Feel free to ask me any queries you might have :)
Telegram : TraderRyan
Email: social@octfinancial.com

mb6075

Re: I'm Ryan Rabaglia, Head Trader of Octagon Strategy Ltd. AMA :)

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Thanks for posting. What is your take on the possibility of more mainstream institutional investors adding Bitcoin to their portfolios? What do you see as the biggest impediments to mainstream investment currently? What has drawn your group to Bitcoin and/or digital currency as a focus? Your best guess on the price of Bitcoin at the end of 2018, 2020, 2025?

OctStrategy
AMA
AMA

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks for posting. What is your take on the possibility of more mainstream institutional investors adding Bitcoin to their portfolios? What do you see as the biggest impediments to mainstream investment currently? What has drawn your group to Bitcoin and/or digital currency as a focus? Your best guess on the price of Bitcoin at the end of 2018, 2020, 2025?
Hi mb6075,

Thanks for your questions.

Q1. What is your take on the possibility of more mainstream institutional investors adding Bitcoin to their portfolios?

Institutional investments in BTC is already underway and as BTC presence gets more known to the public, I am sure more companies would soon jump on the bandwagon and consider BTC as a mode of investment.

Institutional investments in BTC would further increase should the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust be approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). This is owing to the fact that institutional investors are often restricted to investing in only registered investment securities and should the ETF be approved by the SEC, that would unlock doors for these institutional investors to invest in BTC.

Q2. What do you see as the biggest impediments to mainstream investment currently?

I'd say that the biggest impediments to mainstream investment in BTC, would be the fear of security/uncertainty and the lack of knowledge.

The lack of knowledge in BTC may be highly attributed to the complex nature of the instrument itself. There are only possibly a small percentage of people who would claim that they fully understand everything there is to BTC.

This would lead to the second point, the fear of uncertainty/security. As mentioned that people who people who fully comprehend BTC are only a handful, the rest would have a certain level of uncertainty with regards to BTC.

I am sure that BTC enthusiasts or anyone that has some knowledge of related BTC news could also relate to more recent happenings such as the $460m worth of BTC stolen from Mt.Gox in 2014 and $70m worth of BTC stolen from BitFinex in 2016. News like these would damper investors confidence in BTC.

Q3. What has drawn your group to Bitcoin and/or digital currency as a focus?

I would say that the one thing that has drawn us to digital asset trading would be the absolute returns of it.

The return over the past years were phenomenal in comparison to other commodities/currency, whether it is gold, the Dow Jones Index or any other currencies. Besides, we feel that there is still a lot of room for future growth of digital currencies.

Q4. Your best guess on price of Bitcoin at the end of 2018, 2020, 2025?

Well, the price on Bitcoin at the end of 2018 would be anyone's guess. But if I have to put a number to it, I would have to put the ballpark figure at $2k+ USD. 2020 and 2025 seems fairly distant and perhaps I'll give you an answer to that after 2018 ;).

Ultimately, these would depend on BTC related news, especially the major ones that can be turning points for BTC. This could include future hacks (hopefully not) or news such as the approval/rejection of the Winklevoss BTC ETF.
Telegram : TraderRyan
Email: social@octfinancial.com

algoStrategic
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello Everyone :)

My name is Ryan Rabaglia, Head Trader for Octagon Strategy Limited.

Just a bit of background about myself, I've over 15 years of financial trading experience across all major product spaces, including equities, commodities and FX from New York to Hong Kong. These experiences allowed me to have a deep knowledge of electronic trade execution as well as market making strategies and technical analysis.

I've always been interested in the financial markets and that's precisely what drew me to digital asset trading, which was fairly unknown back then. I've started my own proprietary trading shop in New York and also worked in a multinational oil company in Hong Kong, so I'm familiar with working on small to large trading desks.

I've been featured in Bloomberg, The Washington Post as well as CoinDesk, where I gave my opinion/spoke about various market related topics.

Feel free to ask me any queries you might have :)
Taking into account the optimism currently seen in the bitcoin price, what is your advice to people who are not that experienced with bitcoin, but want to invest?
Need More Customers And Increased Profits? Learn More About Internet Marketing - https://algostrategic.com/

We Accept Bitcoin and Altcoins

jackboss
Banned
Banned

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks for the posting. :)

Sajid.roy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 am

Thanks for posting. What will be your advice about bitcoin trading for those who do not know much about bitcoin trading?

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:41 pm

In your opinion, where do you see BCH heading in August?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

daveroberts

SegWit2x fork question

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:44 pm

HI there

What is your trading strategy for the forthcoming Seg2x fork?

Do you think the price of bitcoin will drop before, during and after the fork?

What do you think are the chances of the bitcoin legacy core chain dying?

Do you think bitcoin cash could prevail? Anything could happen.....

thanks

CryptoForTrade
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Great. Best AMA ever

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”