knight22
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong: BIP 101 is the Best Proposal We've Seen So Far

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:17 am

Fork incoming in December, finally we'll get bigger blocks!
In my view, Bitcoin XT is the best option I've seen so far. Not just because it has working code, but also because it has a simple implementation that is easy to understand, the block-size increases seem about right to me, and I have confidence in the people behind the project. My preference at this point would be to have Gavin step up as the final decision-maker on Bitcoin XT, and have the industry move to that solution with help from Mike Hearn, Jeff Garzik and others that wish to do so.”

The CEO believes an upgrade is urgently needed in order for the Bitcoin network to handle a sudden increase of Bitcoin usage. As such, Armstrong emphasized that Coinbase will not wait for consensus to form among the Bitcoin development community.

“We will upgrade regardless of whether Bitcoin Core is updated,” Armstrong said. “Capacity planning is something you should try to get ahead of. Growth can be unpredictable, and I want to remove all blockers to Bitcoin's success. I've been disappointed to see how slow Bitcoin Core has moved on this issue, and we're open to switching forks.”

Eastwind

Re: Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong: BIP 101 is the Best Proposal We've Seen So Far

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Brian can do anything he wants. But without the support of most miners, his network will be very weak.

kaibakker
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

I think it is a combination of the community, the big bitcoin companies and the miners. If most miners are one a chain that the rest of us have abandoned only the miners lose.

We are in need of bigger blocks and I am happy to see Brian publicly stating for BIP 101.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”