evad4451

multibit hd stuck sending for almost a week $900 HELP PLEASE

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 pm

hi everyone, first time posting here.

im having an absolute nightmare trying to send my bitcoins to a different wallet. its been stuck sending for almost a week!!! its $900 so im starting got very worried. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

im using multibit hd on a memory stick (windows)

i have tried the refresh/cancel transaction part of the program a load of times to try to get it to cancel.

on doing this it does put the coins back into the wallet but when i try to send again it tell me i have the coins 'tied up with other transactions' then starts to try send again.

d4cb88d8c047035020709f48f5eadfb3548e528ae7e484f308271bb06d5a242a this is the transaction info on blockchain.

ive sent a seperate transaction to the same wallet and from that wallet (only small amounts) and both worked fine.

im really starting to worry about this now so please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. the last couple of days ive just left it 'sending' to see if it sorts itself out but it just doesnt. it says is been seen by over 150 peers but just will not send! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

thanks in advance guys!!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: multibit hd stuck sending for almost a week $900 HELP PLEASE

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 pm

The transaction is stuck in the mempool waiting to be picked up by a miner but the problem is that since you have added such a low fee (Fee per byte 7.886 sat/B) there is not much incentive for them to mine the transaction.

You could try spending the the change from the tx with a larger fee, otherwise it will either be mined or drop out of the mempool and back into your wallet

Have a read through this website:
http://www.mocacinno.com/page/feechecker
mocacinno is a user here so if you have any further questions his one of the best to ask.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

evad4451

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:25 pm

ive tried to raise the fee but i cannot do it, any idea how long i could be waiting?? thanks for the input by the way

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:44 pm

ive tried to raise the fee but i cannot do it, any idea how long i could be waiting?? thanks for the input by the way
Unless multibit has RBF which i am not sure about you can't raise the fee of the stuck transaction but you could try spending the change from that transaction with a high fee, that way for the change tx to confirm the original tx will have to be mined first.
This is a process many people use to speed up their stuck transactions.

If you just leave it then you could be waiting a month or more for it to drop but don't stress too hard it's not going anywhere, it will either get confirmed or drop out back to your sending address.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Technologov

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:55 am

Look dude. You will not like what I'm gonna tell you. But let's call a spade a spade. Bitcoin has hit it's transaction capacity limit, because it has a totally incompetent development team. Bitcoin Network is broken, badly. In fact it is so badly broken that you can only accelerate your Bitcoin transaction by using Visa.

But Satoshi's vision live on. Dash (Digital cash) crypto currency is a direct successor to Bitcoin. I recommend all my friends and all of you to convert ALL their Bitcoin into Dash. And I'm a Bitcoin veteran since 2013.
Use Poloniex exchange for that.

Your only option for now is a bad one:
https://pushtx.btc.com/

If you still have balls to go into the digital currency future, you should convert your remaining Bitcoins to Dash immediately. Roger Ver, the owner of Bitcoin.com is also experimenting with Dash, and probably will move towards it sooner or later.
Dash is what Bitcoin was supposed to become...

1. Install Dash Core wallet from http://www.dash.org
2. Encrypt wallet with a strong password (at least 12 characters, not dictionary based)
3. (Optionally) write down a password, if you can't remember it, and put into a safe deposit box, or hide at home
4. At least 4 backups of your wallet (a combination of Dropbox, Google Drive, disk on key, USB hard disk or DVD burn)

-Technologov

jackboss
Banned
Banned

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:59 am

Thanks for the input by the way.

Return to “Technical Support”