Forum rules
Be VERY careful when lending bitcoins. There are scammers around the world who would love to permanently separate you from your bitcoins.
bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

BTC Loans

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:22 am

P2P leanding is starting to become a quite big. Would any members here like to see a BTC loans thread here?

Most loan on the other forum are taken out using forum accounts as collateral. Not a big deal just yet but would not like to see forum account sales here in the future, something that signature sort of encourage.

Any loans would have be with loanee using alt coins as collateral.

Let me know what you think, we need as much input as we can get when discussing what out members want.

Regatds: bitkilo.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13onqzPnGzazarbReooW4sBkqEgKPoMwZV

Re: BTC Loans

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:44 am

I agree and ready to provide this service, only with altcoin as collateral.
regards
-zz

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:46 pm

I agree and ready to provide this service, only with altcoin as collateral.
regards
-zz
Hi zazarb, great to see some interest in this topic and it's looks like your going to be the first btc loan provider on the great forum.

Note: zazarb has been verified on our ID thread and is the same zazarb who provides loans on bitcointalk.
It will be interesting to what interest this brings
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

helloworld
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm interested as well.

I1ve been providing loans on BTCJAM but I will consider chipping into legit users here too.

QS-

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JRVGkQg5cVqbr2cwDQkJF7PrxGMVWSrLZ

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:09 am

Are account sales allowed here? (I don't see any reason why they are not, however I have not yet familiarized myself with the forum rules, so I though I would ask).

Even if they are not, I am sure that many lenders would accept bitcointalk.org accounts as collateral.

I am not sure if this would be needed as of yet, however I would not mind seeing a dedicated section for lending, that way lenders could create their own threads offering loans that borrowers could post on, and borrowers could create threads looking for loans, and anyone visiting that section would be able to see what is being offered.

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KA7KBJaRVLqZNJj4QJAJzs1yVEN5zG91

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:28 am

Good news for you interested in Bitcoin Lending!

Roger created a lending subforum, move your discussion over there:
lending-f88/
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Don't miss the free Byteball airdrop! byteball.org

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 am

Are account sales allowed here? (I don't see any reason why they are not, however I have not yet familiarized myself with the forum rules, so I though I would ask).

Even if they are not, I am sure that many lenders would accept bitcointalk.org accounts as collateral.

I am not sure if this would be needed as of yet, however I would not mind seeing a dedicated section for lending, that way lenders could create their own threads offering loans that borrowers could post on, and borrowers could create threads looking for loans, and anyone visiting that section would be able to see what is being offered.
As I know account sales not allowed here, so bitcointalk account can not be valid collateral.

QS-

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JRVGkQg5cVqbr2cwDQkJF7PrxGMVWSrLZ

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:06 pm

As I know account sales not allowed here, so bitcointalk account can not be valid collateral.
Why would account not be allowed here? From what I can gather, this forum allows all sales except those that are explicitly illegal in it's jurisdiction.

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Why would account not be allowed here? From what I can gather, this forum allows all sales except those that are explicitly illegal in it's jurisdiction.
You I know perfectly what passions are aroused in bitcointalk.org between their support for it and the opposing, and how it causes all sorts of problems.
I think therefore, Roger do not want to let in here.

bitcoin-doctor
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D6XhtVK4ndMXp6WqYTvai8CqFLRpGu6L9

How do I apply for a loan ?

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:50 am

I have a need for a BTC loan and I would like to apply.

How do we go about this ?
Decentralizing the World -- CryptocurrencyConsulting.com

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Re: How do I apply for a loan ?

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:18 am

I have a need for a BTC loan and I would like to apply.

How do we go about this ?
Just create a new thread on this board and post in a similar format to this:

Loan Amount:
Reason for Taking out a Loan:
Amount to be repaid:
Repayment Date:
Type of Collateral:
Bitcoin Address:

Once you have posted just wait and see who offers you a loan.
Please be aware that collateral is a must here.

It may take some time for other members to see your thread so try also PM zazarb and QS, both these members have expressed interested in providing BTC loans to the forum community.

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:11 am

what kind of collateral you can offer? If you have any kind of stable, established altcoin I can help you.

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 pm

I still not start my service here, but you can more read about it : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1161170.0

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:08 pm

I still not start my service here, but you can more read about it : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1161170.0
How do you use the collateral? Do you require the person asking for the loan to give you their username/password to their account?

Without that, an account is not much use as collateral if you can't access it. Also, accounts on here are pretty new so maybe aren't good for collateral.

How about other accounts like Twitter, FB, YouTube, etc? If so, again do you require login details?

Any other kind of collateral you suggest beside social media accounts?

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:26 pm

wowwww nice bitkilo ,I think this is a great idea, cheers
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:48 pm

How do you use the collateral? Do you require the person asking for the loan to give you their username/password to their account?

Without that, an account is not much use as collateral if you can't access it. Also, accounts on here are pretty new so maybe aren't good for collateral.

How about other accounts like Twitter, FB, YouTube, etc? If so, again do you require login details?

only one kind of collateral I accept is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin, Dogecoin or other. Coins must be moderately traded on multiple exchanges and have some trade volume.
Account like Twitter, FB or other social-media can easily be recovered by social engineering and I not accept.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:51 pm

only one kind of collateral I accept is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin, Dogecoin or other. Coins must be moderately traded on multiple exchanges and have some trade volume.
Account like Twitter, FB or other social-media can easily be recovered by social engineering and I not accept.
So you're basically trading btc for an altcoin with a markup since your lending it, right?

I wouldn't mind doing some lends on here but the right collateral must be in place. Not sure if alts are worth it, plus people who need to borrow might not even have alts in the first place to trade?

zazarb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:01 pm

So you're basically trading btc for an altcoin with a markup since your lending it, right?

I wouldn't mind doing some lends on here but the right collateral must be in place. Not sure if alts are worth it, plus people who need to borrow might not even have alts in the first place to trade?
these are two different businesses trade and lending, Altcoin as collateral, for me is the easiest way to recover loan in default case .

DOGed
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 136djiDtVHKq8KLnJQnCRJL2TydpGgnyyT

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:51 am

Most lenders will hold the altcoin as collateral for the loan (either directly or via an escrow agent) with the condition that if the value of the altcoin falls below a certain value/price that the lender has the right to sell such altcoin to cover the loan.

If the value of the altcoin does not fall, and if the borrower is to repay their loan, then the borrower would receive the collatera/altcoin back. The borrower is essentially betting that the value of their altcoin is going to increase in terms of BTC over the duration of the loan.
Have fun, send me a tip 136djiDtVHKq8KLnJQnCRJL2TydpGgnyyT

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Most lenders will hold the altcoin as collateral for the loan (either directly or via an escrow agent) with the condition that if the value of the altcoin falls below a certain value/price that the lender has the right to sell such altcoin to cover the loan.

If the value of the altcoin does not fall, and if the borrower is to repay their loan, then the borrower would receive the collatera/altcoin back. The borrower is essentially betting that the value of their altcoin is going to increase in terms of BTC over the duration of the loan.
Thanks, it's certainly an interesting business offer but not sure if any alts would have me interested enough to lend for alts. Maybe Litecoin since the are the biggest alt....

DOGed
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 136djiDtVHKq8KLnJQnCRJL2TydpGgnyyT

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Thanks, it's certainly an interesting business offer but not sure if any alts would have me interested enough to lend for alts. Maybe Litecoin since the are the biggest alt....
As long as the altcoin is stable, established and has sufficient trading volume then you should be protected. This criteria would mean that it would be likely to be able to sell the altcoin on an exchange in the event the borrower defaults.
Have fun, send me a tip 136djiDtVHKq8KLnJQnCRJL2TydpGgnyyT

gary.curren

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 am

At this moment in time, i would suggest that this is the best P2P lending site around, Its UK based and has been operating for 1 Year now, full of features and a fantastic community.

https://btcpop.co/Home/10/forum.bitcoin.com

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:18 am

Locking the thread since we now have the lending board up, thanks for all the input.

Return to “Lending”