iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Bitmain announces Antminer T9 for $1100

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Bitmain announces Antminer T9 for $1100

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:39 pm

My biggest problem with bitmain is the fact that they "test" all of the miners they ship out for a few weeks before shipping. Every major release they drive the hashrate up to the point where the miner is much less valuable by the time they ship it.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:18 pm

My biggest problem with bitmain is the fact that they "test" all of the miners they ship out for a few weeks before shipping. Every major release they drive the hashrate up to the point where the miner is much less valuable by the time they ship it.
That used to bother me also. However, having received several malfunctioning units from them, I now wish they tested them longer. The last unit I received would only operate properly for a few hours and then would need a restart due to a faulty piece of hardware. Had they had a longer "burn-in" period, maybe they would have a lower malfunction rate.

It is interesting that they're releasing less efficient hardware at this point. I imagine the result of that trade off will be a more stable, more cost effective miner.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:31 pm

That used to bother me also. However, having received several malfunctioning units from them, I now wish they tested them longer. The last unit I received would only operate properly for a few hours and then would need a restart due to a faulty piece of hardware. Had they had a longer "burn-in" period, maybe they would have a lower malfunction rate.

It is interesting that they're releasing less efficient hardware at this point. I imagine the result of that trade off will be a more stable, more cost effective miner.
I have only read good reviews of Bitmain miners over the past 12 months with only 1 complaint. Tens of thousands of these devices are in-use around the world.

If you ever have any problems with your Bitmain miners, go here and open a support ticket: https://passport.bitmain.com

This is a good option if you can find one in-stock: https://shop.bitmain.com/market.htm?nam ... r_for_home

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm

I have only read good reviews of Bitmain miners over the past 12 months with only 1 complaint. Tens of thousands of these devices are in-use around the world.

If you ever have any problems with your Bitmain miners, go here and open a support ticket: https://passport.bitmain.com

This is a good option if you can find one in-stock: https://shop.bitmain.com/market.htm?nam ... r_for_home
I'm quite familiar with their support. Believe me. The new mining luck factor should be whether or not your unit functions properly that you receive from Bitmain. Not having a US based warranty operation for a company their size and passing the additional costs of poor QC practices directly to their customers is shocking. You only need to check their R4 thread to hear others complaining about the same thing.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm quite familiar with their support. Believe me. The new mining luck factor should be whether or not your unit functions properly that you receive from Bitmain. Not having a US based warranty operation for a company their size and passing the additional costs of poor QC practices directly to their customers is shocking. You only need to check their R4 thread to hear others complaining about the same thing.
I checked the R4 thread, no complaints: https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/node21

As I said, I have only read of 1 complaint in regards to a Bitmain miner over the past 12 months, which is quite good for a company that produces as much hardware as they do. In regards to market-share, Bitmain is the largest manufacturer of Bitcoin miners.

If you ever have any problems, reach out to Bitmain - I'm sure they will have a replacement device sent to you extremely fast. This is a good company.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:24 pm

I just took a quick look at their thread people actually use. Here's a quote I grabbed from the first post I saw.

"Phil, hope your percentage is better than mine... Got 2 R4's, one is hashing on one board so total of only 75% of the hashrate I paid for, and 50% failure rate (for this small sample size tho) :("

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 pm

I just took a quick look at their thread people actually use. Here's a quote I grabbed from the first post I saw.

"Phil, hope your percentage is better than mine... Got 2 R4's, one is hashing on one board so total of only 75% of the hashrate I paid for, and 50% failure rate (for this small sample size tho) :("
Is this from a thread on bitcointalk.org? If so, that forum is compromised.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:00 am

To anybody reading this, a forum owner/operator nicknamed "Theymos", of Bitcointalk.org, real name Michael Marquadrt, is working with a group of bad indiviguals to launch attacks, similar to "fake news", with fake-reviews against Bitcoin businesses.

These indiviguals post false information, spread rumors and use other shady tactics to harm businesses otherwise in good standing, to pressure them and force them to use their software. This is extortion.

If you think you are a victim of fake text, I would suggest that you look further into the company you are dealing with, speak to them and make your own conclusion.

Bitmain itself is one of the best mining companies. If you ever have any issues with your unit, speak to their support - they are more than happy to help you.

It is clear these cowards are on the losing end, their intentions are crystal clear, they are out to harm people.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:26 am

The threads on Bitcoin Talk from actual users of Bitmain miners are the best source of information for someone contemplating buying a miner. This forum is young and has nothing comparable.

Here is a link to the Antminer R4 thread started by Bitmain if anyone is interested https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597639.0

Have you asked Bitmain why they post on Bitcoin Talk and not here on this forum?

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 am

These indiviguals post false information, spread rumors and use other shady tactics to harm businesses otherwise in good standing, to pressure them and force them to use their software. This is extortion.
Wow. I hope you don't think I'm spreading rumors or false information. I've personally experienced purchasing malfunctioning equipment from them and have been forced to use their absurd warranty return practices on multiple occasions... I say that not to hurt Bitmain, but to let potential purchasers know my experience so they can have all the available exponents of the equation. Most would think that sharing personal vendor experiences with the community is helpful.

I'm all for giving Bitmain their props. They build the best miners available, hands down. I will almost surely have no choice but to continue purchasing from them in the future. They are miles ahead of the competition. However, their failure rates and warranty service have a LONG WAY to go before they deserve praise on that front.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:40 pm

The threads on Bitcoin Talk from actual users of Bitmain miners are the best source of information for someone contemplating buying a miner. This forum is young and has nothing comparable.

Here is a link to the Antminer R4 thread started by Bitmain if anyone is interested https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597639.0

Have you asked Bitmain why they post on Bitcoin Talk and not here on this forum?
Best to stay away from bitcointalk.org, however, feel free to browse there at your own risk.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Wow. I hope you don't think I'm spreading rumors or false information. I've personally experienced purchasing malfunctioning equipment from them and have been forced to use their absurd warranty return practices on multiple occasions... I say that not to hurt Bitmain, but to let potential purchasers know my experience so they can have all the available exponents of the equation. Most would think that sharing personal vendor experiences with the community is helpful.

I'm all for giving Bitmain their props. They build the best miners available, hands down. I will almost surely have no choice but to continue purchasing from them in the future. They are miles ahead of the competition. However, their failure rates and warranty service have a LONG WAY to go before they deserve praise on that front.
Not at all, you and I have had a couple of good conversations!!!!!!!!

Simply posting a public notice to help you and other people!!!!!!!!!

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:57 am

I'm curious when they will release the L3 to the public.

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/ ... 5352842240

Totalslaughter

Donate BTC of your choice to 12uE3XCGJxoTAcMSyrQWFm3FF7LHKiKhtU

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Man difficulty been skyrocketing recently. ugh.... Anyways...

Thought I would mention as I didn't see anyone else mention it. Other then the slower hash rate then the previous S9's the warranty on the T9 is 6 months instead of 3 months that the S9's were. I did have a hashboard go bad on one of my S9's shortly after purchase which sucked because it cost me around 150$ to ship it to bitmain in china for repair. 6 month warranty is a lot better then 3 months though.

Also they did away with the beaglebone boards and integrated the ethernet port and microsd card slot etc all into the one controller board instead of having a beaglebone slotted into the controller board so may be better / more reliable and part of the reason they extended the warranty on this new generation. I'm too broke to pick any up atm but maybe I'll give them a go in the future.
Attachments
Antminer T9 - 10.jpg

Return to “Mining hardware”