Etienne87

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:22 pm

I am a little confused. I have read a few posts about what Bitcoin is and how to trade/exchange, etc., but still am a little confused.

If I am an American and wish to purchase bitcoin using a wire transfer from a major US bank, how would that work? What is the daily/weekly/monthly limit? I appreciate any help, thanks in advance. Steve
Last edited by Etienne87 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Newbie

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:37 pm

I am a little confused. I have read a few posts about what Bitcoin is and how to trade/exchange, etc., but still am a little confused.

If I am an American and wish to purchase bitcoin using a wire transfer from a major US bank, how would that work? What is the daily/weekly/monthly limit? I appreciate any help, and it would probably be best to contact me via email, Largent@post.com. Thanks in advance. Steve
You would need to find a seller that will convert your USD to BTC.

It would work like this:

1) You wire USD
2) Seller converts USD to BTC
3) You receive BTC to a wallet of your choice

I would suggest only working with reputable sellers.

You can also buy Bitcoin with a credit-card at: https://buy.bitcoin.com

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 pm

You could try and online exchange wallet like Coinbase, once you register an account you can then link your bank account to it quite easily and transfer money for bitcoins that way.

Limits will start small, probably about $250-$500 usd but they do go up.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm

If I am an American and wish to purchase bitcoin using a wire transfer from a major US bank, how would that work? What is the daily/weekly/monthly limit? I appreciate any help, and it would probably be best to contact me via email, Largent@post.com. Thanks in advance. Steve
WARNING. If you really are a newbie, (i think you are) then you are probably about to be scammed.
Putting your private mail address will attract "helpful" responses. But beware.

I ask mods here to remove the mail link, then pm steve to warn him of this likelihood.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I ask mods here to remove the mail link, then pm steve to warn him of this likelihood.
We don't like to edit posts unless it's absolutely necessary to do so.

It is up to each user to exercise personal responsibility over their actions and over their security, newbie or not. Advising them on-thread / via PM is a good idea if you feel there is a danger to them, and I commend you for looking out for others! :)

Yes, the argument can be made that we should do all we can to protect new users but that line of thinking is exactly the same as that which causes 'authority creep' (i.e. expecting another entity to protect you rather than protecting yourself, and then watching as that entity reaches further and further into your life gaining more and more control in other areas unrelated to that in which you first expected protection). Authority creep is the preserve of government and we can't permit even a precursor to that kind of outrageousness to be established here.

If the OP asks us to remove the email address we will do so, but do feel free to give advice in this thread and via PM, etc.

Cheers,

Fremont

Return to “Exchanges”