Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

What does a post need to be to deserve an upvote?

Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:57 am

I'm just looking around the forum and see that upvoting posts is quite rare. Is this normal? Or should we have a more active system? Or would this be bad?

I have spotted out many good posts that deserve a positive rep that don't have one. Are there some basic rules i'm missing out on?
theres a snake in my boot

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: What does a post need to be to deserve an upvote?

Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:09 am

No rules really, just if you like the post the you can give it some reputation points.
I think that is were the confusion comes in is that some members see the reputation system as a system of trust like on bitcointalk but it actually has nothing to do with trust.
Our system is there to up or down vote posts on the forum.

I think it needs a name change, it would be much simpler and easier to understand if it was a simple up/down vote.
I will add it to my to do list if others think the current name of the post voting system is confusing.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Re: What does a post need to be to deserve an upvote?

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:30 am

No rules really, just if you like the post the you can give it some reputation points.
I think that is were the confusion comes in is that some members see the reputation system as a system of trust like on bitcointalk but it actually has nothing to do with trust.
Our system is there to up or down vote posts on the forum.

I think it needs a name change, it would be much simpler and easier to understand if it was a simple up/down vote.
I will add it to my to do list if others think the current name of the post voting system is confusing.
I'm guessing you're going for a sort of stackoverflow kind of system? Theirs is working out really, really well. If people become more active when upvoting/downvoting, you could do an option to list posts by vote.
theres a snake in my boot

Return to “The Forum”