TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Classic is Back

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 am

Bitcoin Classic was started as a response to the market need for bigger blocks and an alternative developer group to provide it, as primary and first way to get Bitcoin to scale to the next million. Since that first release in February we have come a long way. The Bitcoin landscape has changed, and mostly for the better. This is an accomplishment a lot of us can be proud of.

Our two main goals were to have more distributed development and to have bigger blocks. We are a lot closer to both ideals, but there is more work to be done.

This is the introduction to a video (below) and the same text as a blog I released today as part of the onchain-scaling conference.

Some highlights of whats been going on that is not mentioned in the video or blog;
  • Bitcoin Classic has merged code that removes the universally agreed dead BIP109 and implements block-size market based equilibrium. Or in simple terms, its compatible with BU.
  • We redid our website.
  • Deadalnix added an awesome feature for double-spent-proofs as part of the FlexTrans protocol upgrade.
  • FlexTrans is feature-complete and I have a video on my crypto-channel talking about it.
  • updated the FlexTrans docs and bip.

I fully support the push of the industry to have the scaling strategy that Bitcoin Unlimited introduced, if miners choose that, we all win. So this is not a competition, but I should keep people in the loop on the fact that I'm far from sitting still.

Hope you guys enjoy some of those news bites :)

https://vimeo.com/192789752

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Classic is Back

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Bitcoin Classic was started as a response to the market need for bigger blocks and an alternative developer group to provide it, as primary and first way to get Bitcoin to scale to the next million. Since that first release in February we have come a long way. The Bitcoin landscape has changed, and mostly for the better. This is an accomplishment a lot of us can be proud of.

Our two main goals were to have more distributed development and to have bigger blocks. We are a lot closer to both ideals, but there is more work to be done.

This is the introduction to a video (below) and the same text as a blog I released today as part of the onchain-scaling conference.

Some highlights of whats been going on that is not mentioned in the video or blog;
  • Bitcoin Classic has merged code that removes the universally agreed dead BIP109 and implements block-size market based equilibrium. Or in simple terms, its compatible with BU.
  • We redid our website.
  • Deadalnix added an awesome feature for double-spent-proofs as part of the FlexTrans protocol upgrade.
  • FlexTrans is feature-complete and I have a video on my crypto-channel talking about it.
  • updated the FlexTrans docs and bip.

I fully support the push of the industry to have the scaling strategy that Bitcoin Unlimited introduced, if miners choose that, we all win. So this is not a competition, but I should keep people in the loop on the fact that I'm far from sitting still.

Hope you guys enjoy some of those news bites :)

https://vimeo.com/192789752
Agreed, it is the best strategy forward!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Tom for all of your hard work :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Hhampuz
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D32LQzjyjRKCFPfeUw9xDExE6YmLkdBfB

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Sorry to say, but I'm not really a Classic supporter. Good thing we have free speach though! Each to their own. I won't sit here and bash on you regardless.

Keep on keeping on, the public will decide regardless :)

klaaas
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:24 am

Sorry to say, but I'm not really a Classic supporter. Good thing we have free speach though! Each to their own. I won't sit here and bash on you regardless.

Keep on keeping on, the public will decide regardless :)
I have to agree with Hhampuz here., Guess we are more the core supporters.

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:30 am

I'm a Bitcoin Unlimited supporter myself but am very happy that this implementation is being worked on! The more implementations and governance styles we try out, the more competition there is, the better.

If this whole two year long trial of censorship, vitrol, and congested blocks leads us to a universe where there are several strong healthy implementations being passionately worked on, then maybe. . . just maybe it was worth it.
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

Hhampuz
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D32LQzjyjRKCFPfeUw9xDExE6YmLkdBfB

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm a Bitcoin Unlimited supporter myself but am very happy that this implementation is being worked on! The more implementations and governance styles we try out, the more competition there is, the better.

If this whole two year long trial of censorship, vitrol, and congested blocks leads us to a universe where there are several strong healthy implementations being passionately worked on, then maybe. . . just maybe it was worth it.
I definitely agree with you on this on. It's easy to stand on the outside and say what is best, but without actually trying out several options we'd never really know. So I support the idea of several ideas getting taken seriously.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:29 pm

It is worth it :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Return to “Bitcoin Classic”