BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Massive year-long credit card breach reported at Madison Square Garden - Bitcoin users unaffected!

Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:02 pm

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Madison Square Garden disclosed Tuesday it was involved in a massive credit card breach at five of its venues in New York City that lasted almost a year.

The venue said it found signs of external unauthorized access in the last week of October. It would have impacted some customers who used their credit card to purchase merchandise and/or food/drink items at Madison Square Garden, the Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, Beacon Theater, and Chicago Theater between November 9, 2015 and October 24, 2016.

The system hack was designed to find data read from the magnetic stripe of a payment card - data that may contain the card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and internal verification code.

Source: http://abc7ny.com/finance/massive-nearl ... n/1621034/

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Re: Massive year-long credit card breach reported at Madison Square Garden - Bitcoin users unaffected!

Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Damn. If I hear/read the words "credit-card breach" I would least expect it to be madison square garden. Thats ALOT of creditcards.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Massive year-long credit card breach reported at Madison Square Garden - Bitcoin users unaffected!

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Madison Square Garden disclosed Tuesday it was involved in a massive credit card breach at five of its venues in New York City that lasted almost a year.

The venue said it found signs of external unauthorized access in the last week of October. It would have impacted some customers who used their credit card to purchase merchandise and/or food/drink items at Madison Square Garden, the Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, Beacon Theater, and Chicago Theater between November 9, 2015 and October 24, 2016.

The system hack was designed to find data read from the magnetic stripe of a payment card - data that may contain the card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and internal verification code.

I've sent them an email to signup for Bitcoin!!!!!!!!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:15 am

I've sent them an email to signup for Bitcoin!!!!!!!!
Sweet, good idea!

Lilypanama24
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13XWgUqTWCLyNiQD7EGGhB7KwT7SYcqpta

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:37 am

I have the habit of only using cash for micro transactions due to stuff like this.
Editor of BitcoinMXN, Contact Mefor PR or Advertising Opportunities

English & Spanish Copywriting Services

Hhampuz
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D32LQzjyjRKCFPfeUw9xDExE6YmLkdBfB

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:27 am

Damn. If I hear/read the words "credit-card breach" I would least expect it to be madison square garden. Thats ALOT of creditcards.
Haha, I had the same thought as you. However this just seems like a normal thing these days. Just switch over to BTC already..

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Haha, I had the same thought as you. However this just seems like a normal thing these days. Just switch over to BTC already..
I sure hope too. But I think we need more stabilization for people to want to adapt.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”