bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Would you accept your salary in Bitcoin

Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:19 am

As the title states, Would you accept your salary in bitcoin if offered by your workplace?

If some of the big store shop retailers like Cosco or McDonald's start to accept bitcoin as a form of goods payment then they might just stat to offer btc as a way to pay employee salary wages, places like these often like to hire the young and the young will hopefully become the biggest bitcoin user soon.

By offering to pay wages in bitcoin they take the need away from themselves of having to convert those earned bitcoins back to fiat cash. to pay suppliers. Better still if these big retailers started to offer to pay their supplier in bitcoin, then we will be looking at something BIG.

There is already some 3rd party services available to transfer the wage you receive from your employer from the local paid currency to bitcoin and often at a very little fee. I know that one company that offers this service only charge a $1 AUD fee per transfer, this company is http://www.getpaidinbitcoin.com.au/ and will hopefully be doing an AMA with us in the near future.

But the questions is, would you accept your wage in bitcoin?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

jordan

Re: Would you accept your salary in Bitcoin

Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:13 am

I already do :)

grnqrtr
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Bye Bye :)

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:01 pm

Last edited by grnqrtr on Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:03 pm

I probably would if I work or live in a country whereas bitcoin is widely used. But as of my current location? No. Couldn't use bitcoin anywhere except online currently. :(
https://cryptosec.info/

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:07 pm

I probably would if I work or live in a country whereas bitcoin is widely used. But as of my current location? No. Couldn't use bitcoin anywhere except online currently. :(
How about a bitcoin debit card, could you use that to spend your wage and pay bills?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:16 pm

How about a bitcoin debit card, could you use that to spend your wage and pay bills?
Well yea, I can. But for some reason I don't trust providers of bitcoin debit cards. Not that I really don't trust them, more like I'm not sure how vulnerable their systems are. But I think I'm just a bit paranoid. :?

What bitcoin debit card are you personally using? (if you are using one)
Last edited by mjglqw on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosario.mastroba
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Whaooo, ofcourse YES, think that today I get my salary in criptocurrency at a value of (example) 1.00€ and after one week the value in become 1.10€ I earn more then my salary nooo?
Sure tbere must be the warranty that tbere will be no inflation, but I say that the cryptocurrency in general, have ni infation, instead the corrent standard currency have it yeeessss?

Rosario M. - Networker CS

rosario.mastroba
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Bitkilo, I dont know your location but I am sure that our company is redy with an esclusive poss and debit card is able to give the opportunity of you are talking about.
I am here if you whant to know more.

Rosario M. - Networker CS

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Well yea, I can. But for some reason I don't trust providers of bitcoin debit cards. Not that I really don't trust them, more like I'm not sure how vulnerable their systems are. But I think I'm just a bit paranoid. :?

I use a bitcoin debit card on almost a daily basis, it's a swipe card provided by Coinjar.
Now there has even been accusations against one of the company executives regarding a previous company he ran but I have to say that I have had no problems at all with them.

Mainly for 2 reasons, one is that as soon as any coins i purchase clear they are moved to an address I completely control.
Secondly when using the swipe card from them when I transfer onto the card it's out of Coinjar's hands so I'm pretty much safe there too but you always have to be careful.

The untrust in 3rd party finance companies like banks is what helped kick bitcoin off but we cant let our gaurd down.

mattyB
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JnpxghRVmGipRnqxANdjLnpWMbF6ZoV1N

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Most of what I've earned (over 90%) this year has been paid in Bitcoin and I prefer it this way.

If I was to go back to working for a salary then I'd want to find any way I could to get paid exclusively in BTC as well.

Your comments about employers being able to avoid conversion is an interesting one and one which I spent a great deal of time pondering. In fact, I spoke to a number of local retailers and then to a couple of their suppliers, to see what could be done to make it possible for more transactions to be made up the supply chain with BTC rather than converting it to fiat.

The big issue was and remains the complexity of conversion. Unless a retailer has a specific reason or desire to accept btc in the first place it's a tough sell.

Focusing on industries where the supply chain is smaller and where cash flows more quickly could help increase the number of business which accept BTC and in turn increase the number of business which could then offer BTC more easily as part or whole compensation for work done.

grnqrtr
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:30 pm

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:56 pm

I personally use the Shift card provided by Shiftpayments, which works in conjunction with Coinbase. I keep all my bitcoin in a wallet that I control until I need to use my card. At that point I just send as much bitcoin as I need to my Coinbase address and then swipe it on my card.
oh. unfortunately Coinbase doesn't support my country. :(

I tried wirex. They have virtual debit card support, but instead of showing the card details on the app, they send the info on my email. I dont like it that way.

RonCar
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3JkWAXyxjRyX7rEtfpWtVzjBQU8nwg8NJP

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:30 pm

I would also like to be paid in BTC, cryptocurrency is highly volatile but I think there is no big problem about it because you will be paid the same amount in btc and just exchange it in fiat immediately as soon as possible. Also, companies using BTC is a good thing as it will rise awareness to many people and eventually will give an uptrend in price.

grnqrtr
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:29 pm

klaaas
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:13 pm

No problem to receive it in btc., would only exchange for the bills that cant be paid in bitcoins.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:10 am

Not 100%. Bitcoin currently is very volatile compared to fiat or gold. This could be for the better, but also for the worse. I don't want bitcoin crashing with all my funds in it, for example after an exchange "hack".
theres a snake in my boot

rendravolt
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13T2aPdsiVtupF4XKScDhJ6RKrwyqNAVoT

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:15 am

I have not seen that in my country, but I often paid using bitcoin, such as participating in a signature campaign.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:31 am

I personally use the Shift card provided by Shiftpayments, which works in conjunction with Coinbase. I keep all my bitcoin in a wallet that I control until I need to use my card. At that point I just send as much bitcoin as I need to my Coinbase address and then swipe it on my card.
oh. unfortunately Coinbase doesn't support my country. :(

I tried wirex. They have virtual debit card support, but instead of showing the card details on the app, they send the info on my email. I dont like it that way.
Yeah, I have the Wirex virtual card as well. I didn't like that my card info was emailed to me either. I actually have never used the card.

Have you tried going to https://www.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-card and selecting your country to see what's available in your area?
oooo. didn't know bitcoin.com had that feature. Will try for sure!

ManeBjorn
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MGrJoenALY5jjG7Aq35DBU8qFgUYLx3UK

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:29 am

Of course.
There is no reason not to.
You are in charge of your own money, it can't be clawed back and it opens doors to the world.

As the title states, Would you accept your salary in bitcoin if offered by your workplace?

If some of the big store shop retailers like Cosco or McDonald's start to accept bitcoin as a form of goods payment then they might just stat to offer btc as a way to pay employee salary wages, places like these often like to hire the young and the young will hopefully become the biggest bitcoin user soon.

By offering to pay wages in bitcoin they take the need away from themselves of having to convert those earned bitcoins back to fiat cash. to pay suppliers. Better still if these big retailers started to offer to pay their supplier in bitcoin, then we will be looking at something BIG.

There is already some 3rd party services available to transfer the wage you receive from your employer from the local paid currency to bitcoin and often at a very little fee. I know that one company that offers this service only charge a $1 AUD fee per transfer, this company is http://www.getpaidinbitcoin.com.au/ and will hopefully be doing an AMA with us in the near future.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:01 am

Currently I wouldn't be able to afford to receive my entire salary in Bitcoin. I would however, be glad to accept 10-15% of it in that form.

dotthebeats
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1A69dNmG5MVxbupecoHyzBsAsaQWZVYLJa

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:04 am

If the adoption of bitcoin is already high on our place then i would really love to recieve my salary into bitcoin form because you would not need to exchange fiat in able to use it because you could already spent it directly.

adi33
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BA7fZGaq3ktCi8xJsqzDh8J3cHwYv6FWY

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:12 am

I think salary through bitcoin is more profitable, than real money. in terms of delivery with bitcoin is also faster :D

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:54 am

I think salary through bitcoin is more profitable, than real money. in terms of delivery with bitcoin is also faster :D
definitely more profitable since we are currently in a upward trend. It all comes down to where you live, since most 3rd world countries arent that knowledgeable on bitcoins yet

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”