ashley1219

Donate BTC of your choice to ashley1219bellgmailcom

I was scammed

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:47 pm

So my question is ....if I have my receipts from the bitcoin machine where I sent money is it possible to trace the person who received that money? :(

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: I was scammed

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:15 pm

That really depends if the person who scammed you is careful. Do you have the transaction ID or Bitcoin address you sent to funds to?

It is sometimes possible to tell if it is a known address, or if the funds move to a known address.

Also, if a transaction gets signed along with other inputs including your funds it may be possible.

Post the info you have and I'll take a look.

BitcoinGuides
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Kyk8xJcjqZwQPTWTbiQ6HYMA5FmAc3NH3

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:39 pm

If they are dumb scammers you might be able to figure out who they are but its unlikely you'll ever get the bitcoin back.

MikeV
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 pm

You could start out by posting information here. Maybe some of us can help you out!

KnightRiderone

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:05 pm

based on the address you could lookup blockchain info https://blockchain.info/ you could trace the address and the transactions. Though you could see the transactions but I doubt if you could get the bitcoin back. If the bitcoin address is still active and not abandoned then you could send a few satoshi's to some of the address that are sending bitcoins to this address and mark a msg "The user of this address scammed me "
It may not get your money back but could alert other users. Most likely scenario is that the user would abandon this address if he is not a novice.
So my question is ....if I have my receipts from the bitcoin machine where I sent money is it possible to trace the person who received that money? :(

grnqrtr
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Bye Bye :)

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:28 am

Bye Bye :)
Last edited by grnqrtr on Sat May 23, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

grandFX
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19BkU3ZUHsHaiJ2vye4JHEZYZBhfvnrkTB

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:48 am

if really scammed it is impossible to back your money and you never know who received that money
because bitcoin is anonymous.
Don't be easy to trust on internet.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 am

Are you sure you were scammed and it wasn't just an ATM error/malfunction? I would contact the ATM company and tell them you didn't receive money but you sent bitcoin. Maybe they can look into it and help you get your money back.
I agree with grnqrtr. You should check with the ATM company and find out if this was a simple error or malfunction.

You may also try to find out who owns the ATM and speak with them too. Where is the ATM located? Most likely inside of a place of business. I'd recommend talking to somewhere there.

Btw, I once tried to withdraw $80 from an ATM (a bank ATM, not a Bitcoin BTC ATM) and the machine said it dispensing the cash now but it did't give me any money at all. I checked my account balance and it showed that I had withdrawn $80. I'd heard stories of things like this happening but I'd never seen it happen until then (and not since). I called the ATM company and reported the problem. I don't remember if it was the very next day, or 2 days later, but my $80 was returned to my account.

bitcoinisfurture

Donate BTC of your choice to 1H39sMQJqKXdG1KRyqFwZCcVRuZ8CMe6Ah

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:21 am

Lesson learned , dont trust anyone and your bitcoin wont never be recover because of bitcoin anonymity but you could do some public precautions regarding on that address.

dotthebeats
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1A69dNmG5MVxbupecoHyzBsAsaQWZVYLJa

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:39 am

Theres nothing you could do with that and forget already those bitcoins because theres no way you could able to recover it back, bitcoins transaction are irreversible the only way you could do is wait for the address to give you back your bitcoin.

Xylate
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DHPtfkwkXcNJvXhPKC3meK278ggphkcj8

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 am

Give us more information.

That is very unfortunate though

Herfin

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 pm

I remember the first time when I have gotten scammed I got in depression... I even needed a course of a 2 months anti depressants... that's how bad it was for me..

jackboss
Banned
Banned

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 am

Post the info you have and we can help you.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

Post the info you have and we can help you.
Thats unlikely to happen, the user hasn't been online since posting this and it is almost 6 months old.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Scam accusations”