CortoB

STC never arrived in my account

Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Hello,

I sent STC from the STC webstite, to my ETH adress on bitcoin.com. Nothing arrived on my account.
It's been 2 weeks, and nobody answers my mails.
Could anyone help here, that would be really appreciated :)

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: STC never arrived in my account

Thu May 27, 2021 5:28 pm

Hello,

I sent STC from the STC webstite, to my ETH adress on bitcoin.com. Nothing arrived on my account.
It's been 2 weeks, and nobody answers my mails.
Could anyone help here, that would be really appreciated :)
I don't have much experience with the Bitcoin.com Exchange.

Has their support replied at all to you?

Probably best to check their support articles (if you haven't already) and then if need chat with their support team (do they still have live chat? or do they not respond in chat?).

Here's their support articles for the Exchange:

International: https://support.bitcoin.com/en/collections/2060823-bitcoin-com-exchange-support-centre

USA: https://support.bitcoin.com/en/collections/2870135-bitcoin-com-usa-exchange-support-centre

There should also be an option to chat on those pages.

I'll look further into the Exchange's policy on STC (Student Coin) deposits and other Ethereum tokens. If I can find anything helpful I'll post the information in a reply here in your thread.

CortoB

Thu May 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Thank you for your answer. I sent mail but still no answer. I found no topics about the same issue. My wife has the same problem with the same STC transaction.
The STC webstie required a ETH adress to send the STC, i guess that's where is the problem, a erc20 adress.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu May 27, 2021 5:45 pm

Thank you for your answer. I sent mail but still no answer. I found no topics about the same issue. My wife has the same problem with the same STC transaction.
The STC webstie required a ETH adress to send the STC, i guess that's where is the problem, a erc20 adress.
You're welcome.

An ETH address is used for receiving ERC20 tokens. Unless something has changed??

I don't have much experience with the Bitcoin.com Exchange itself but I do send and receive ERC20 tokens through various wallets and other exchanges. It's always been a regular ETH address.

I'll look further into this though.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Thank you for your answer. I sent mail but still no answer. I found no topics about the same issue. My wife has the same problem with the same STC transaction. The STC webstie required a ETH adress to send the STC, i guess that's where is the problem, a erc20 adress.

I doubled checked. Please see screenshot below (slightly redacted for a degree of privacy). It's the same deposit address at the Bitcoin.com Exchange for ETH and for ERC20 tokens. As far as I know it's like this at all exchange sites and also in the wallets I've used (for example, Exodus wallet).

I'm not an Ethereum aficionado so there could be different types of encodings / formats for ETH addresses and ETH tokens. That being said I haven't seen then in use (if they exist) at Exchanges or in wallets.

Note: the QR codes in the screenshot below look slightly different. The only difference in data is that the ETH qrcode starts with "ethereum:"[address here] where as the STC qrcode is just the address. This shouldn't really make a difference though. The same thing is sometimes done for bitcoin addresses (bitcoin:[address here]) in some wallets and some other cryptocurrencies sometimes.

Btw, have you checked the transaction on the Ethereum blockchain? Are you certain that the STC website really and truly did send a transaction to your address? You can paste in your address (your Bitcoin.com Exchange account ETH address) at https://etherscan.io and see all transactions received at (and sent from if there's been any activity since your deposit) the address.

If support is not replying to you I recommend contacting others at Bitcoin.com starting at middle management and then, if needed, work your way up to the top.

Return to “Technical Support”