Forum rules
Due to incessant ICO threads being posted in this sub-forum, all ICO Announcement threads must be posted only within the 'ICO Announcements' sub-forum; posting ICO threads here in Altcoins is no longer permitted. Any ICO threads posted here will be moved, and continuing to flout the rules will result in your account being banned.

Bitcoin.com is not responsible for any of the ICO's posted or promoted on this forum.
Users are responsible for their own safety and security on any link they choose to click on, or external site they wish to engage with.

None of the ICO's linked anywhere on this forum are endorsed by Bitcoin.com; users must do their own due diligence on any company / site linked to within this forum.
SKIDDODev

Journey from a Developer's perspective of SKIDDO Token in the world of DeFi

Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 am

I am the developer/Founder of SKIDDO a DeFi Token that I have launched on March 23 of this year 2021. I want to share the journey that I have went through from Launch to Presale and finally till today in this wild wild west of DeFi.

I came from an extensive background in Fintech having started my career with Barclays dappling in the world of quants in electronic trading, HFT and market making in OTC Asset Classes. I came in touch with Crypto 5 years back while in a pub with a mate and got introduced into Bitcoin, ETH and the world of Altcoins. I have to say i was very fascinated how traditional finance has been disrupted by the blockchain technology. The concept of Flash Loan over the AVVE network for example totally blew my mind. Fast forward to 23rd March 2021 on that fateful day I decided that I want to launch a Token of my own to create value for investors and do a part for Kids Charity. This was how SKIDDO was given birth.

Heading into the unknow was indeed daunting for me. From creation of the website, establishing the Tokenomies and planning it for Pre-Sale were all a first for me. I screwed up on the Pre-Sale not once but thrice (LOL). And thank goodness I had a community of 100 odd people whom I have never met came together over Telegram, guided me on the Pre-Sale process on DXSale and we managed to successfully completed the Pre-Sale in less than 5 mins meeting the Hard Cap of 100 BNB (Till today majority of the initial 100 people are still invested in SKIDDO and some have played active roles in growing the community). Nothing could describe the shock on my face given that in traditional finance you dont raise funds in mins.

After the successful Pre-Sale, SKIDDO was listed on to PanCakeSwap for sale. I was again lost at this stage, I was never a marketing person nor a well connected person in the world of crypto. Where and how do I start to market? Well I hired promoters or they called them the Shillers, I paid a Russian Youtuber and I paid so called channels that have thousands of subscribers. And guess what? I got scammed not only for my BNB but also Tokens as form of payments. All in all I felt like a failure, not only I have not created value for my investors but I also depleted my own personal resources.

It was during this time, I decided to go back to the drawing board and re-assess what have I done wrong. This is where it hit me hard, I have been so distracted by the desire to create Hype, Noise and "Pump" for SKIDDO that I got steered off-course from my initial objective which is creating value for SKIDDO investors in a sustainable manner. What comes next is the unimaginable, I redesigned the Website 3 times, yes you hear me 3 times and focus on pure mathematics to drive our model. It was also during this time I noticed the emergence of Scam Projects and Tokens that rugged pulled unsuspecting victims. I felt something must be done.

Thats when SKIDDO launched a war against rug pulls and over the course of the 20 days of the campaign we have helped almost over 700 victims of Rugged Pulls Tokens to swap their near worthless Tokens into SKIDDO. Throughout the month we have grown day by day to a strength of over 1000 community members. The last 20 days of SKIDDO Against Rug Pull Campaign has seen over 700 ex victims of Rug Pulls joining the SKIDDO family.
We have promised to deliver and help to make back what has been lost and even further allow them to enjoy the exponential growth now and for the future.

I know it sounds silly but for reflection feature to work it’s full effect one has to rid off the volatility first. This helps in creating higher strong base price price. SKIDDO extrinsic value lies not only on the deflationary mechanism of it . The Value of SKIDDO comes from
1. Price Appreciation
2. Price of BNB
3. Redistribution of the 5% back and added to existing token holders.

For those that has held SKIDDO from day 1 and not sold you can see that despite no price spike your holdings are already above break even point because of the other 2 latter factors. SKIDDO is based on mathematical modelling that excludes intangible variables such as 0 in our hypothesis testing

Today we had build a strong foundation and base price . We chose the low profile manner . Now that we have a strong base price . We are slowly adding the hype one step at a time. We want SKIDDO to be like a rubber band . Stretched overtime and have an exponential growth. If you like broth I can say the longer we cook the tastier SKIDDO becomes.

If anyone wants to see the SKIDDO community or engage in any intellectual discussion please come find us on either

TG: https://t.me/SKIDDO_successkid

Best Regards
SKIDDO Dev

WalletInvestor
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Journey from a Developer's perspective of SKIDDO Token in the world of DeFi

Mon May 10, 2021 12:21 pm

I love that you posted this story! It's a rare glimpse behind the scenes. It is great that you have overcome all of these difficulties and stuck with your goals all along.
Check out the latest forecasts and news about cryptocurrencies, stocks, forex pairs and more on WalletInvestor.com

SKIDDODev

Re: Journey from a Developer's perspective of SKIDDO Token in the world of DeFi

Mon May 10, 2021 2:19 pm

I love that you posted this story! It's a rare glimpse behind the scenes. It is great that you have overcome all of these difficulties and stuck with your goals all along.
Yes the initial phase was really very tough. And it really boils down to the support of the community. And also the integrity of the project. I am very happy that by sharing my experience allows people especially from a non dev background to understand more about the defi world.

By the way we are having our first AMA today as well.

AMA - 10th May 1400 UTC Zoom Meeting Details SKIDDO Dev is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: SKIDDO AMA 1400 UTC
Time: May 10, 2021 10:00 PM Beijing, Shanghai

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom DOT us/j/94977658233?pwd=MlJCSFMxMlordWRIY0R0YndzM3l0UT09

Meeting ID: 949 7765 8233
Passcode: Dag06g

Return to “Altcoins / Alternative Cryptocurrencies”