Linkster

Where do I get a 2FA code to join Bitcoin dot com?

Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:33 am

Hello, I contacted help on Bitcoin dot com long ago about this issue but never got a response. I also sent them a message today. I would like to join Bitcoin dot com but cannot because they ask for a 2FA code to join. I have no idea where to find or obtain such a code. Please assist. I suspect many others have run into this issue and just gave up and were thus unable to join. Thanks!

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Where do I get a 2FA code to join Bitcoin dot com?

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:26 am

Hello, I contacted help on Bitcoin dot com long ago about this issue but never got a response. I also sent them a message today. I would like to join Bitcoin dot com but cannot because they ask for a 2FA code to join. I have no idea where to find or obtain such a code. Please assist. I suspect many others have run into this issue and just gave up and were thus unable to join. Thanks!
Hey, where at Bitcoin.com are you attempting to join? I think 2FA is applicable to Exchange.Bitcoin.com and Pool.Bitcoin.com and Local.Bitcoin.com

2FA (two factor authentication) is a code you get from an authenticator app (e.g., Google Authenticator app).

That being said I think you'd typically only be asked for a 2FA code if you had already joined and already set up 2FA. Or maybe registration nowadays requires (or at least gives the option for) 2FA to be setup at time of registration / joining.

Can you please provide more details and maybe the URL and/or a screenshot of where you are being asked for 2FA?

Linkster

Re: Where do I get a 2FA code to join Bitcoin dot com?

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:50 am

I figured it out. Thanks for your help! Something you said led me to what I needed.

Return to “Technical Support”