Forum rules
If you are posting news, press or any other related material that directly or in-directly benefits you, we request that you post a back-link to bitcoin.com by using a button, banner or text-link on your website. Thanks for supporting Bitcoin.com!
southtopia
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ZkWQN6m543zfq8UoRHFXoFipTD3a7d3N

Roger Ver & Co. to Hold ‘Free Speech Party’ at Scaling Bitcoin Milan

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:43 am

The Scaling Bitcoin workshop is coming to Milan from October 8-9. Hosted in the Politecnico di Milano Piazza Leonardo da Vinci in Milano, Italy, the workshop will showcase technical proposals for Bitcoin scalability solutions.

On Saturday afternoon, Bitcoin investor Roger Ver and associates will host a “free speech party” for attendees — covering topics not approved by the official conference.

Full story: https://news.bitcoin.com/roger-ver-free ... g-bitcoin/

creationlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Roger Ver & Co. to Hold ‘Free Speech Party’ at Scaling Bitcoin Milan

Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:30 am

Guess I missed my invite :D

Well regardless I hope we get some quality coverage from the event. I'm really curious to see people rubbing elbows, and to hear some interesting thoughts from all. It's very rare we get everyone in one place, and in these times it might be important to come together.
We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done.
-Alan Turing

freetrader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:30 am

This is awesome.

I wish it would have been announced a little earlier though, so that more presenters from unapproved/unwelcome talks could have prepared to present at this 'Free Speech conference'.

Looking forward to hearing more about the true scaling conf! :-)

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:25 pm

The Scaling Bitcoin workshop is coming to Milan from October 8-9. Hosted in the Politecnico di Milano Piazza Leonardo da Vinci in Milano, Italy, the workshop will showcase technical proposals for Bitcoin scalability solutions.

On Saturday afternoon, Bitcoin investor Roger Ver and associates will host a “free speech party” for attendees — covering topics not approved by the official conference.

Fantastico!!!!!!!!!!!

Not approved by conference officials, not good.

Free speech is vital to Bitcoin, this is Bitcoin!!!!!!!!!!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

ofeliawitty
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:03 pm

huh i wish i knew about it earlier. Milan is only 1 hour and a half with airplane from where I live.

southtopia
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ZkWQN6m543zfq8UoRHFXoFipTD3a7d3N

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:58 pm

Yeah it was a bit short-notice I guess. Hopefully there'll be other similar events in future, or people around the world can use/video their meetups to debate issues in public.

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah it was a bit short-notice I guess. Hopefully there'll be other similar events in future, or people around the world can use/video their meetups to debate issues in public.
I agree -- we need more of these free speech parties!
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

Return to “In the news”