NorL

BTC balance gone

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Hello.

I have an issue with my Bitcoin Wallet showing by BTC balance as 0.00 BTC. Although it is just a small amount I am missing, I would like to find a solution to this.

Short explanation of what happened and what I have tried so far: I ordered BTC in December 2017 over Simplex and it arrived in my wallet without issues. Shortly after that the BTC price was dropping fast and I lost interest in it until a week ago.

So I checked my Bitcoin Wallet and to my surprise the balance was 0.00 BTC. What I did next was installing the newest version of Bitcoin Wallet I could find (Version 5.6 Hotfix 2) and imported my wallet using my 12 word passphrase. The name of the imported wallet is correct, but the balance is again 0 BTC.

I read online to request my transaction history and scan addresses for funds, but it comes up empty.

So where might my balance have gone to? :?:

Any help is much appreciated.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: BTC balance gone

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello.

I have an issue with my Bitcoin Wallet showing by BTC balance as 0.00 BTC. Although it is just a small amount I am missing, I would like to find a solution to this.

Short explanation of what happened and what I have tried so far: I ordered BTC in December 2017 over Simplex and it arrived in my wallet without issues. Shortly after that the BTC price was dropping fast and I lost interest in it until a week ago.

So I checked my Bitcoin Wallet and to my surprise the balance was 0.00 BTC. What I did next was installing the newest version of Bitcoin Wallet I could find (Version 5.6 Hotfix 2) and imported my wallet using my 12 word passphrase. The name of the imported wallet is correct, but the balance is again 0 BTC.

I read online to request my transaction history and scan addresses for funds, but it comes up empty.

So where might my balance have gone to? :?:

Any help is much appreciated.
Hi NorL,

Please try these instructions: https://walletsupport.bitcoin.com/article/87/funds-not-showing-btc

If the foregoing doesn't resolve things please post a reply below.

NorL

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:25 am

Hi NorL,

Please try these instructions: https://walletsupport.bitcoin.com/article/87/funds-not-showing-btc

If the foregoing doesn't resolve things please post a reply below.
Hi.

Unfortunately it did not resolve my issue.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi.

Unfortunately it did not resolve my issue.
Please contact support at wallet@bitcoin.com

WesleySmit

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:26 am

The exact same thing happened to me, even all the dates align. I suspect that small amounts in “inactive” wallets are targeted.

Return to “Technical Support”