NeunMalSechs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Your experience: How many BTC will one Antminer mine?

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 pm

I would like your experience:
How BTC will one stand alone Antminer mine? Over its lifetime

What does it depend on?

I am aware that it depends on the model etc. - I would just like to have an idea of the magnitude we are takling about... is it one BTC or 10 BTC or more?

What is a realistic expection?

Thanks for your input
Last edited by NeunMalSechs on Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mit sonnigen Grüßen
Carsten
--

(privat)
Lies mehr unter: http://neunmalsechs.blogsport.eu/
Blockchain Artikel: http://neunmalsechs.blogsport.eu/tag/blockchain/

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Your experience: How BTC will one Antminer mine?

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:36 am

I would like your experience:
How BTC will one stand alone Antminer mine? Over its lifetime

What does it depend on?

I am aware that it depends on the model etc. - I would just like to have an idea of the magnitude we are takling about... is it one BTC or 10 BTC or more?

What is a realistic expection?

Thanks for your input
Hey Neun,

Depends on mining difficulty and your hashrate (and maybe luck, although I think most mining pools offer a payout method which pays users daily regardless of how often the pool finds a block).

Difficulty is calculated and adjusted (up or sometimes down) every 2016 blocks (approximately every two weeks).

Bitcoin historical difficulty is available on this chart: https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-difficulty.html

A single Antminer's hashrate (depending on the model) is measured in TH/s (e.g., Antminer s9 around 14 TH/s, Antminer s17 around 50 TH/s I think).

1 KH/s is 1,000 hashes per second.
1 MH/s is 1,000,000 hashes per second.
1 GH/s is 1,000,000,000 hashes per second.
1 TH/s is 1,000,000,000,000 hashes per second.
1 PH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000 hashes per second.
1 EH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 hashes per second.
1 ZH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 hashes per second.
1 YH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 hashes per second.

Factor in the mining pool (you will need to use a pool unless you have a huge amount of hashrate) and their payout methods (e.g., PPS, PPLNS).

For example, PPS pays you for your shares each day regardless of whether or not the pool finds a block.

PPLNS pays you after the pool finds a block (could be multiple times a day or could be days in between, depends on luck), the block reward is divided, accordingly, among everyone mining PPLNS on the pool.

If you're looking at profits in terms of fiat (e.g., dollars or euros), you can factor in the cost of your electricity (and how much your mining machine(s) uses) vs the market price of the amount of bitcoins you've mined.

At the moment I think an Antminer s9 (or s9j or s9i) can earned about 0.00010 Bitcoin or less per day. A little less than a dollar ($1).

The machine could also stop working, break or parts of it burn up. I think you can buy used machines for sometimes less than $100 or a little more than $100 (e.g., $150) if you check around online.

NeunMalSechs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi

and thanks for the answer. But I think this can't be true:
At the moment I think an Antminer s9 (or s9j or s9i) can earned about 0.00010 Bitcoin or less per day. A little less than a dollar ($1).

The machine could also stop working, break or parts of it burn up. I think you can buy used machines for sometimes less than $100 or a little more than $100 (e.g., $150) if you check around online.
That would sum up to less then 0.146 BTC over 4 years. Even before the halving that would have been only be less then 0.292 BTC in four years - that would have never paid for the hardware and even less for any energy bill.

You sure?

Or do I miscalculate ? (0.0001x 365 x 4)
Mit sonnigen Grüßen
Carsten
--

(privat)
Lies mehr unter: http://neunmalsechs.blogsport.eu/
Blockchain Artikel: http://neunmalsechs.blogsport.eu/tag/blockchain/

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi

That would sum up to less then 0.146 BTC over 4 years. Even before the halving that would have been only be less then 0.292 BTC in four years - that would have never paid for the hardware and even less for any energy bill.

You sure?

You're welcome.

The quote is accurate. Here are screenshots from today (July 28th, 2020):

pool.btc.com: $1.33 USD (or 0.00012198 BTC) a day for 14 TH/s:

pool.bitcoin.com: $1.12 USD (or 0.00010239 BTC) a day for 14 TH/s:

The amount of bitcoins earned depends on the bitcoin mining difficulty (and maybe luck depending on the payout method you're using at the pool(s)).

The price of the bitcoins earned depends on the market price. (The market price has been rising for the last few days).

If difficulty drops you could earn more bitcoins. (The further you go back in time difficulty was, generally speaking, lower. Although it does sometimes drop moving forward (hashrate can go offline for any reason, including not being profitable to mine or a huge mining farm burning down, or government interference).

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-difficulty.html:

Unless you have free electricity (e.g., hydropower, wind power or maybe supplemented with solar power), or extremely cheap electricity, it's probably not profitable to mine using an Antminer s9. Or at least at the moment (market price could continue to rise and/or the difficulty could drop (by hashrate going offline (for any reason, not just because it's not profitable) and difficulty adjusting to less hashrate)).

If you do mine with an s9 I think the better ones are the "s9i" and "s9j."

richard.geller
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 am

Hi

You sure?

Exactly that is true, The only miner capable of generate profit at the moment in Antminer Z15 420 Ksols/s which is available at cryptocouriermart.com for only $1780 includiing shipping. Which will make you $600 profit after electricity cost. That sums up to 0.06269 btc and 7.94 zcash per month in your pocket. Investment will recover in just 2.5 months and giving your profit over the next 2 years

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Re: Your experience: How many BTC will one Antminer mine?

Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:11 am

Not sure about this
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “Mining hardware”