Achmed08

Donate BTC of your choice to 17crbjx1cpAnMuySkH8stkfqUtA9Pg4yQP

People with disabilities Project

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello everyone

I am trying to use bitcoin as a system to request donations for a small project which I am building at the moment.
The project consists of helping people with disabilities to gain a better life, by providing them with a purpose in life, and help them enjoy the little things again (giving them a job, funding trips, provide them with clothes, places to live and more)

I understand the concept of bitcoin and how it gains value, but I am not sure how to attract BTC owners to donate (even small amounts) or how to gain them, so we can go further.

At the moment, I and my partner are struggling to build up an NGO ( which is a cost of approximately 600 usd in Romania). Without this engine, we are not able to ask for donations, as it is illegal to receive money without having a an NGO.

This being said, below are a few questions:

1. Is bitcoin safe / legal to receive the money until we raise enough to create the NGO?
2. Once the NGO is created, where would you recommend us to ask for BTC funding?
3. Would you be able to assist us in any way?
4. What is the best way of getting BTC (we are gaining satoshi for solving captcha queries for the past 2 months, but it is very slow)

Can anyone assist us?
Also, feel free to donate any small amount to the following address if you wish to help us: 16TKpwgg4m3DsWo51dErLCDR7YwzgwQEeo

Thanks in advance for any answer or help.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: People with disabilities Project

Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:43 am

As far as legality, I do not know enough about your situation to give you a correct answer. It has a lot to do with location, and state law.

There are quite a few charities that accept bitcoin for donations so it would seem unreasonable if you were not able to.

I would highly suggest raffles to raise money. Buy a few physical bitcoins on the forum or ebay, and then raffle them. For each raffle you run you could make 1.4-1.5x your money in return.

scout
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 17WpA4PiBy34Bk2n1mtdEks6YLp9pjiBsQ

Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:35 pm

If you're planning on getting bitcoins for the disabled I wouldnt really suggest faucets lol. Goodluck though!

Achmed08

Donate BTC of your choice to 17crbjx1cpAnMuySkH8stkfqUtA9Pg4yQP

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:50 pm

As far as legality, I do not know enough about your situation to give you a correct answer. It has a lot to do with location, and state law.

There are quite a few charities that accept bitcoin for donations so it would seem unreasonable if you were not able to.

I would highly suggest raffles to raise money. Buy a few physical bitcoins on the forum or ebay, and then raffle them. For each raffle you run you could make 1.4-1.5x your money in return.

Hi there,

Thank you for your answer.
We have managed to solve the legal aspect at this point, we've setup an NGO to be able to raise money.
As per your suggestion to use raffles, I think it might be interesting, but I am worried about the ethics, as, If i understand well, it would be sort of gambling with money we already received from donations.
I would like to try though, do you know any good raffle script?

Thank you.

MikeV
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 am

I have raised money for a charity without an NGO. I've held raffles and auctions to raise the money in BTC. I then converted it to Paypal and used Paypal to make the donations. Worked great and I didn't have to waste 600 USD :D

Return to “Media”