Grass

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Cn7QLjxdJ84sNGrCWwxD6FHJbDeXkCuCB

Paper Wallets 2019 (a thought experiment)

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Code: Select all

[highlight=yellow]1)[/highlight] let's say I use the Bitcoin . com wallet app on my phone. I press the "scan" button and point the camera of the phone at the private key on a paper wallet (a tip that a friend had given me) a small amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) soon appears in my newly created Bitcoin . com wallet. ------------------------ [highlight=yellow]2) [/highlight] I now have the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on my phone app and can spend it from there. BUT I also still have the piece of paper my friend gave me with the publc key QR and the private key QR printed on it. Satoshi advised that one should never delete or get rid of a wallet (as good practice) and I imagine that if I wanted to I could re-use the paper wallet my friend gave me. I imagine that if I wanted to I could send 1/3 of the amount my friend originally gave to me from my Bitcoin . com phone app to the paper wallet and then let my brother scan it with a newly created Bitcoin . com wallet so he can see how cool a paper wallet is for himself without having to commit to buying any (he doesnt believe in crypto and says it is all a scam) I know I could just send 1/3 of my BCH to my brother using my Bitcoin . com app and his Bitcoin . com app on our phones.. but we want to use the same wallet that my friend gave me.. it's just something that we want to do.. and can't see a reason why it would be a problem at all. ----------------------- ----------------------- in the above thought experiment, can the technical people on this forum tell me 1) what happens behind the scenes in [highlight=yellow]part 1[/highlight]. What happens on the blockchain? is a copy of the public/private key pair from the paper wallet now stored inside my Bitcoin . com app forever? or was it more along the lines of that a transaction was signed using the QR private key that the Bitcoin . com app scanned? 2) would doing [highlight=yellow]part 2[/highlight] work in practice?

Yogay
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Paper Wallets 2019 (a thought experiment)

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:21 pm

The btc can also be stored in the paper wallet version. Psychologically, it seems to be safer.

Return to “Wallet”