harrymitzel

Loss of money

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:56 am

I had recently put money into the bitcoin atm to be sent. My receipt says it was put on my paper wallet but nothing is there. Would like to know where it went and how to get it back.

Diana.uwu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Loss of money

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 am

Hello! Please try to check the address carefully to make sure that you stated the right one.
You can also enter your recipient address in any bitcoin explorer. As far as I know, this one should show unconfirmed transactions as well - https://blockchair.com/ There you can see all the transaction history of your address.
Some BTC transactions may proceed with a big delay. If you don't receive your funds after some time and there isn't any transaction displayed via explorer, you might need to refer to the tech support of the ATM that you used.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am

I had recently put money into the bitcoin atm to be sent. My receipt says it was put on my paper wallet but nothing is there. Would like to know where it went and how to get it back.
Hello,

If you have received a paper wallet receipt for your purchase, then your bitcoins should be at the public address printed on the receipt. Depending on if you purchased BCH or BTC, the public address should start with one of the following "1", "3", "q" or "p"
Do not share the private key address here, that will probably start with a "K", "L" or "5"

To recover your purchased bitcoins from the paper wallet, you will need to "sweep" them to a bitcoin wallet.
If you don't already have a bitcoin wallet on your phone, you should download the Bitcoin.com wallet from here: https://wallet.bitcoin.com

Once downloaded all you need to do is scan the private key QR code and sweep and bitcoins into your wallet for spending.
When the funds are in your wallet, you should put the paper wallet away and not use again.

If you have any questions using the Bitcoin.com wallet, please email our support team: wallet@bitcoin.com
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Jomorey
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:51 pm

In this case, it remains to hope that the person to whom the money was sent will be conscientious and will return the money back to you.

prince16pream

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 pm

This happened to me several times when i withdraw more than i deposited to account, sometime i used to think it is scam, but however later i received the btc. Games website says " Instant BTC Withdrawal" why it would take hours and days to approve by admin. Email support is really slow, i wanted to send mutiple messages to get a single reply. This is frustrating , a direct phone support should be more than worth.

I hope games.bitcoin.com support team will soon provide us faster withdrawal and will have phone support or chat support.

Best of wishes to every gambler :) :)

Return to “Technical Support”