Gottchar

Looking for a long lost online wallet

Wed May 22, 2019 1:18 am

Hello,

new here and hope I can get some help or be pointed in the right direction.

In short:
A friend used an online wallet years ago and it might still have some bitcoins in it, if only we find it.

In long:
Years ago, when bitcoin "were like a few euros, I think" my friend needed BC to buy something in the darknet (don’t worry, she only harmed herself). So she opened a wallet on a website she doesn’t remember and bought bitcoin for 100€. She then bought what she wanted for 80 (bitcoin for 80€) and left the rest where it was. She says she never had the BC stored locally and just had a password and her email adress as username. As she uses pretty much the same password everywhere and still has the same mail adress for password recovery anyway I guess we could sign in and get the money.

So, where would a somewhat inexperienced thor user have ended up looking for some place to buy bitcoin as easy and fast as possible back then?

I hope nobody got a headache due to my bad terminology and don’t worry I make sure any money recovered goes towards her credit card debt, not new things you can only order in the darknet.

Nilar
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Looking for a long lost online wallet

Thu May 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Have you searched by that e-mail, by that application name ? by that website ? By that password itself ? What it says to you here ? Let us know your thoughts for sure. Maybe look for some amounts which may rest from past. I don't even know what is darknet.

Tacage
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:06 pm

People have lost their way. Why in the hell would she buy bitcoin from the darkweb. Everytime you access such sites your information may be stolen. Maybe that is what was done to her account,it was hacked and taken down. The darknet is where all the evils of the web are found, forget about it.

Snowmoon
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Things acquired from the darknet will always remain in the dark. Maybe you were supposed write down the password, website or username when you created it in the first place. The account was probably taken down becasuse it was not legit.. There is no sure way of finding it. It is gone and it is not definetly coming back, sorry.

Return to “Beginners & Help”