BitcoinNewsMagazine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Monero Price Speculation Thread

Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:49 am

Monero had a 50% correction on 8/30.

Volume is low now and the question is will price drop down one more Fibonacci level or make a new all time high? You could wait to buy until the all time high is taken out. If you believe prices might go lower first a good place to put bids is between the 8/21 price of .094 (red line) and the 61.8% retracement at .011. Price could go either way. If a double bottom is made at .01256 that would increase the odds in favor of a new all time high. However if the .01256 level does not hold price could drop to .01 pretty fast.

TommyEconomics

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Made a Monero market update video for those of you interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOwekxiJRfI

Edit: I made this video right before Monero started surging, it's quite entertaining (watch the video and pull up a 30 minute chart of Monero and see!)

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Monero had a 50% correction on 8/30.

Volume is low now and the question is will price drop down one more Fibonacci level or make a new all time high? You could wait to buy until the all time high is taken out. If you believe prices might go lower first a good place to put bids is between the 8/21 price of .094 (red line) and the 61.8% retracement at .011. Price could go either way. If a double bottom is made at .01256 that would increase the odds in favor of a new all time high. However if the .01256 level does not hold price could drop to .01 pretty fast.
Well it looks like we have reached another ATH, at last look the price was 0.023 and this has been an exciting couple of weeks.

I first got in at 0.007 and watched it go to 0.017, bought a little more at 0.015 and got a little worried when it went back down to 0.12 but happy again now.
Good times.

I am a little worried that when the advrage user finds out it's not as easy to use as bitcoin things could take a dive again but i will hang on, people pick things up quick these days.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:09 am

Holy shit...the ants are coming.

This is going to get some attention on XMR for sure...now is the 2nd most valuable Crypto in the world!

XMR will be worth 10,000,000 SATOSHI by the end of 2016. That is a wild guess....but maybe could be possible if volume keeps up?

Either way I do believe XMR doing well is good for BTC and vice versa

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 am

What a wild time since this thread was started just a few days ago.
Monero has nearly doubled in price again in that time, and is getting more and more attention.
I'm curious to see when people start actually using it in commerce.

Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Myagui
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 16nJr2opbr33meV8TgHTK4xZYaDQwrPmdh

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Monero has nearly doubled in price again in that time, and is getting more and more attention.
[removed image for brevity]
Same here, quite curious to where things will lead with actual commerce usage.

Interestingly, I'm not seeing any major news outlets reporting on the recent developments with Monero, if nothing else, the position it now has in market cap, and the volume that it has been moving. Conspiracy theories anyone? :evil:
This has me wondering just how much more of a userbase Monero might grow into, once it captures critical media attention. :D
freebitcoin < For Satoshis & Dogecoins > freedogecoin

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:49 pm

[removed image for brevity]
Same here, quite curious to where things will lead with actual commerce usage.

Interestingly, I'm not seeing any major news outlets reporting on the recent developments with Monero, if nothing else, the position it now has in market cap, and the volume that it has been moving. Conspiracy theories anyone? :evil:
This has me wondering just how much more of a userbase Monero might grow into, once it captures critical media attention. :D
People I have spoken to have told me they like the name "Monero", the equivelent of denaro they say :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:57 am

A new show is hitting TV in the states... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XSewKQQa0

A show called StartUp and its about private untraceable digital currency....

The times seems more right than ever for stuff like XMR and BTC!

Also these are two great documentaries to check out...not XMR related I know but I think its still relevant. If some of us end up being very wealthy in life down the road I think it is wise to learn how to handle that wealth and study how others have handled it. With great wealth comes even greater responsibility guys. I have a gut feeling this is very powerful stuff.

1. The One Percent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmlX3fLQrEc
This 80-minute documentary focuses on the growing "wealth gap" in America, as seen through the eyes of filmmaker Jamie Johnson, a 27-year-old heir to the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical fortune. Johnson, who cut his film teeth at NYU and made the Emmy®-nominated 2003 HBO documentary Born Rich, here sets his sights on exploring the political, moral and emotional rationale that enables a tiny percentage of Americans - the one percent - to control nearly half the wealth of the entire United States. The film Includes interviews with Nicole Buffett, Bill Gates Sr., Adnan Khashoggi, Milton Friedman, Robert Reich, Ralph Nader and other luminaries.

2. Born Rich: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o46HH-TfNY

Both were directed by Jamie Johnson (heir to the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical fortune) captures the rituals, worries and social customs of the current generation of Trumps, Vanderbilts, Newhouses and Bloombergs.

Enjoy my friends. How will you raise your kids if you become very wealthy? Some of us from this thread may end up doing very well ...some stuff to ponder.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:24 am

I don't think there are any conspiracies at work here. I think Monero just doesn't have much/any mind share yet.
For example, I'm very interested and supportive of Monero, but I don't think News.Bitcoin.com has done many (any?) stories on it.
I didn't tell the news team to do anything one way or another on it. In fact, I suspect most of the news writers aren't even really aware of Monero yet.
I suppose that will change with time.
topic7039.html

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

I don't think there are any conspiracies at work here. I think Monero just doesn't have much/any mind share yet.
For example, I'm very interested and supportive of Monero, but I don't think News.Bitcoin.com has done many (any?) stories on it.
I didn't tell the news team to do anything one way or another on it. In fact, I suspect most of the news writers aren't even really aware of Monero yet.
Always go hard on the marketing :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Always go hard on the marketing :)

The press will come. Soon. I have a gut feeling. The big timers will have to report on it soon enough..
In the mean time I will be holding / accumulating as much XMR as I can.

Dafar

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ERqXXePLr156VrtndFMbCi6k2CYewstyb

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Anyone here worried that this might be the beginning of the long awaited XMR correction... possibly to 0.014 or lower... especially if BTC rallys.

I don't wanna be bag holding XMR if BTC does rally

bitmarkets

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Is there a reason there is no discussion of thios MoneroX GUI? https://github.com/kripod/MoneroGui.Net/releases seems the core devs are going awful slow on this. Any sort of adoption on a large scale is going to first require a GUI that incorporates the major features of Monero.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:37 am

This article on Monero by the International Business Times was very good: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/monero-opens-w ... et-1580481

I suspect plenty of people with money will be reading about Monero now, but without a GUI it might still be very confusing for them to buy any.
topic7039.html

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:17 pm

This article on Monero by the International Business Times was very good: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/monero-opens-w ... et-1580481

I suspect plenty of people with money will be reading about Monero now, but without a GUI it might still be very confusing for them to buy any.
SIGAINT is backing Monero? That's really good, they are a freedom privacy project.

Time to build a GUI :)

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:41 pm

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TommyEconomics

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:52 am

I just posted another Monero market update video, as well as talking about the fundamentals, and alternative anonymous currencies, check it out if you're interested!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlPqLumipg

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:21 am

Interesting video Tommy!
What is your background or day job?
topic7039.html

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Peter Todd XMR: https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-fbi- ... s-freedoms

Price is showing great strength at these levels. Coinbase update coming with HARDFORK ON 21ST of this month = added layer of privacy coming to XMR
RING CT is in testnet right now... = coming in march 2017(maybe earlier)(testing has started now) = even more privacy for XMR

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:12 am

I just got word that an investment news letter that goes out to quite a few people will be referencing Monero, and this thread specifically.
More press for Monero is good news for Monero.
topic7039.html

coinenthusiast

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:01 pm

The Dollar Vigilante-newsletter has twice already mentioned Monero positively in the monthly newsletter. Jeff Berwick tends to be an early
bird in new things and trends. TDV following is quite large, I believe.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:40 pm

The Dollar Vigilante-newsletter has twice already mentioned Monero positively in the monthly newsletter. Jeff Berwick tends to be an early
bird in new things and trends. TDV following is quite large, I believe.
This was in regards to a much more mainstream news letter than TDV. (I love TDV for what it's worth)
topic7039.html

TommyEconomics

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Interesting video Tommy!
What is your background or day job?
Hey Roger, just saw your post-- I wasn't subscribed previously but just turned it on. I made another follow up video 2 days after the one I posted last, seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_-kB3pasZs Basically, I saw the market sentiment shift and determined Monero is in stabilizing phase (which I believe it is for the short term), though medium-long term I expect significant upside.

I'm a Mortgage Banker by trade though I have fairly extensive finance background. I am transitioning right now, I've studied cryptocurrency and blockchain technology from the perspective of a financial analyst, for a few thousand hours at this point, so I imagine I will be either running my own, or be part of an investment firm in which my specialty is cryptocurrency investing (of which my goal is investing in the cryptocurrencies/blockchain assets which have the greatest potential return with lowest potential risk). I am adept at trading as well which enabled me to recognize when both the Monero surge was starting, as well as Ethereum's surge starting at $1 in January (both of which I already had my eyes on as a value investor).

I am a fan of your perspectives on freedom and voluntaryism, and love to see you prosper in this space.

Best,
Tommy

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:00 pm

I have updated my thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1595182.200

I do believe we are in consolidation mode as well and I called this dump a few days back...I thought at the worst we could see 1.2 MILL SATOSHI however it seems to be holding strong at 1.5 which to me is a very good sign.

There is also a rumor of OpenBazzar implementation eventually...once multisig is implemented into XMR. *please check XMR slack for more info.

- Cheers

- Blazin8888

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:17 am

COINBASE IS LOOKING INTO IMPLEMENTING OTHER COINS: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5 ... an/d7pw2go

Please vote for XMR at the link above!

-Blazin8888

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:45 am

COINBASE IS LOOKING INTO IMPLEMENTING OTHER COINS: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5 ... an/d7pw2go

Please vote for XMR at the link above!

-Blazin8888
I just added my name to the list of people who would like to see XMR, Zcash, and Zcoin.
topic7039.html

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:58 am

Thank you. - Sorry please excuse the FUD moving into the Bitcointalk thread. Some others I think are threatened by XMR. Pump coins are trying to take advantage of this.

- Thanks Ver

-Blazin8888
Last edited by Blazin8888 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Thank you. - Sorry please excuse the FUD moving into the Bitcointalk thread. Some others I think are threatened by XMR. Pump coins are trying to take advantage of this.

- Thanks Ver

-Blazin8888
System overload for Theymos and his gang of losers.

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Wolfram Warptangent UPDATE FOR XMR: https://github.com/monero-project/moner ... ag/v0.10.0

Rest in peace Warptangent. Thank you for this hard work.

This is the next major release of Monero. It adds an initial release of RingCT, which is already live on testnet. The RingCT whitepaper can be found at the link above. Note that the v4 hard fork has been moved to the beginning of January, 2017, although the v5 hard fork remains set at September, 2017. This is to enable early availability of RingCT transactions on the Monero network, although they will not be enforced as the only possible transaction type until the v5 hard fork.

One of the largest pieces of work were the BlockchainDB performance improvements. This was largely done by warptangent, an early Monero contributor who passed away in March, 2016. His work was completed by Howard "hyc" Chu, and we have named this release after him. We are deeply grateful for all the effort he put in to making Monero what it is today.

Some highlights of this release are:
  • major performance improvements, especially on spinning disks
    major space saving gains for the blockchain, despite the performance improvements
    renamed binaries to follow a more logical, consistent convention
    RingCT...obviously:)
    added libunwind support for better crash reporting
    added a key image export and import function for full watch-only wallet functionality
    added support for ARMv8 processors
    added a do_not_relay flag for transactions sent to the daemon
    added a sweep_all command and RPC call for the wallet
    significant fixes and improvements to threading
    add a get_transfers RPC call
    added transfer tracking to the wallet (lost forever if the wallet cache is deleted)
    added a filter_by_height option to get_transfers
    added a --max-concurrency flag for the wallet
    major improvements to ARM performance, especially on newer 64-bit chips
    huge overhaul of cmake and the readme
    added a wallet API for the GUI
    added a fee multiplier and reduced fees
    made monero-wallet-cli more robust when handling corrupt caches
    prompt twice for a wallet password to avoid password issues
    improved daemon 'status' details, including time to the next fork
    more bug fixes than you can shake a stick at
    temporary patch (via a predefined user-agent) for the CSRF attack against monero-wallet-cli's RPC API, as disclosed by Henry Hoggard

Return to “Monero”