scotty321

Two problems with the bitcoin.com wallet

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Two problems with the bitcoin.com wallet:

1. The bitcoin.com wallet is completely unusable to us (and to anybody else paying attention), because its price quotes for BCH are completely and wildly incorrect. It currently quotes BCH at $650 higher than the ACTUAL price for BCH. What this means is that if anybody is trying to receive BCH using the bitcoin.com wallet based on its own price calculations, they’re gonna get financially screwed because the BCH amount is quoted WAAAY too high.
Is this going to be fixed? The BTC.com wallet does not have this problem.

2. If you attach a “memo” to a transaction, that memo will always show up for that transaction... even if you restore your wallet onto a brand new phone that has never had the Bitcoin.com wallet installed on it before. What this means is that this memo information is actually stored on the bitcoin.com servers and is linked to your transaction ID. Cool feature, but be very careful if you think that you are partaking in a private financial payment... because your memo information is stored on the bitcoin.com servers and is not private. What other information of ours do the bitcoin.com servers have access to? Is our 12-word see phrase really private?

scotty321

Re: Two problems with the bitcoin.com wallet

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 pm

I received answers to these 2 problems on Reddit here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7 ... om_wallet/

My only concern at this point is... are our memos encrypted on the bitcoin.com servers? And if so, who has the encryption key?

calpilotbretzer

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:58 pm

new to bitcoin just downloaded a wallet, saved recovery code, thought i was all set to buy, it asked me for my wallet address
what is this and how do i know my wallet address

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:39 am

new to bitcoin just downloaded a wallet, saved recovery code, thought i was all set to buy, it asked me for my wallet address
what is this and how do i know my wallet address
Tap/click on Receive on the bottom of the screen. Your BCH (i.e., Bitcoin Cash) address will display by default. Now tap on that BCH wallet (bottom of screen) and you'll be able to switch to the BTC (i.e., Bitcoin) wallet which will display your BTC address.

TechnoLoader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:25 am

I received answers to these 2 problems on Reddit here:

My only concern at this point is... are our memos encrypted on the bitcoin.com servers? And if so, who has the encryption key?
Good reply. :lol:
Technoloader is a leading Cryptocurrency Development Company offers complete cryptocurrency development services from expert crypto developers. Whatsapp : +917014607737|| Email ID: info@technoloader.com|Skype: technoloader

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Would like to add the follow (to the recently reopened discussion above):

1. The Bitcoin.com BWS server is encrypted and only the CTO has access to the server. (This was also mentioned in a comment in the Reddit post.)

2. The Bitcoin.com Wallet team has considered encrypting the memos using the recipients public key and they've stated that they would love to do so. However, there is no ETA.

BenFormer
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:04 am

I think Coinbase is a great alternative to bitcoin.com wallet. It is the #1 recommended bitcoin wallet, offering the most complete bitcoin services on both web and mobile. Coinbase Bitcoin Wallet is one of the easiest ways to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies.

BryanBanzon

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:33 pm

:!: Badger and may token

Return to “Wallets”