JurajZatko

How to start?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:28 am

Hello,
I recently started my interest in bitcoin and i would like to start mining,
I'm looking on few machines but i don' know enough about mining to decide, but after my research i'm deciding between theese four:
antminer s9 (cca£2000)
Antminer S7 (£600)
Antminer R4 (1600)
Avalon 741 (£1100)
I do realise that it is not profitable but i would like to start collecting bitcoins because i believe in its future potencial.

So my questions are:
1.Which machine i should buy ?
2. Is it worth buyng used machine (I'm concerned about its lifespan)
3. Is there any step by step guide how to set it up and start mining asap (i have a lot to learn, but i want to start and learn as i go.)
4. What else do i need to start mining (software,psu etc..?
5. how noisy are these machines?

Thank you for any help and advice and sorry if i put this post on wrong forum or if i offended anyone with what might look like stupid questions;)

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: How to start?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:22 am

Hello,
I recently started my interest in bitcoin and i would like to start mining,
I'm looking on few machines but i don' know enough about mining to decide, but after my research i'm deciding between theese four:
antminer s9 (cca£2000)
Antminer S7 (£600)
Antminer R4 (1600)
Avalon 741 (£1100)
I do realise that it is not profitable but i would like to start collecting bitcoins because i believe in its future potencial.

So my questions are:
3. Is there any step by step guide how to set it up and start mining asap (i have a lot to learn, but i want to start and learn as i go.)

Thank you for any help and advice and sorry if i put this post on wrong forum or if i offended anyone with what might look like stupid questions;)
Personal hardware mining is very epensive and herd to compete with the big mining farms, the channces are that if you only have a couple of miners you wuld have to be VERY luck to find a block, probably better luck buying lotto tickets.

If you really want to get into bitcoin mining then why not try cloud mining, Bitcoin.com currently runs the highest paying mining pool, you can check out our plans and a little info on the pool here: https://pool.bitcoin.com/index_en.html

If you pre-order a lifetime plan now you will be paying the cheapest rate Bitcoin.com has ever sold hashrate for :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 pm

So my questions are:

If you would like to start collecting some coins, you may like to look at the option of buying some at an exchange when the price dips, then cashing out sometime later and buying some mining equipment if you make a decent profit. That depends on what you consider a decent profit of course.

I've heard that Avalon is always good to buy. In the past some miners have experienced difficulty with Bitmain equipment and their customer service. It's worth some research time because of the cost involved, especially if you can't afford to throw away some cash to experiment with. Forgetting electricity and cooling for a moment...

Second hand equipment might be good; you can find cheaper, smaller hashrate equipment new and used on eBay. For instance, consider a powered USB hub and some GekkoScience 15 Ghash/sec USB devices. These are available for pre-order and cost about USD $79 ea. It's a cheaper way to get into mining, join a pool and have at it, especially when you consider that it won't be profitable to begin with. If you get serious, buy some more equipment later on.

Software that's used is typically cgminer. You should compile from source and enable the device in the configuration. If you haven't compiled from source before, it's pretty easy on Linux. I'm not sure what it's like for the bigger mining ASIC machines like the Bitmain Antminer S9s. I suggest some YouTube videos and google searches.

The equipment usually has guides to set up, or the guides are available from the Websites of the manufacturers. It depends on what you go with - the equipment listed is popular and a lot of people have gone through the necessary steps and shared their experiences along with step by step guides. You might want to factor in availability of easy to follow guides and instructions before deciding on a machine.

The larger Antminers e.g. S9 are quite noisy. If you have one in a spare room, consider how loud it would be if a hair dryer were constantly running. :shock: It might well be that noisy and annoying. If you have a clean, well ventilated garage with plenty of space, and a good electricity supply however, and your living space is insulated from that constant noise...

You may wish to consider mining alt-coins as well. It may be profitable with just one machine to begin with mining for Litecoin, although you'd have to calculate your electricity costs and extras like PSU and cooling cost outlays. A good Litecoin/Scrypt machine would be the Bitmain L3 which can do 500Mhash/sec. See for example https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc and input what you expect from the miner in Mhash/sec and for electricity costs.

It might be a good idea, and a more profitable one, to avoid placing all eggs in one basket, no matter how exciting stuff gets, it can cloud good judgement and clear thinking. :D

Cloud mining is an option I think, look carefully at the initial outlay, daily cost (if any) and expected BTC returns. When do you expect a ROI? Or as you say, just in it for the coins? This is a good place to start, without the potential hassle of setup of equipment, reliability of electricity and cost, etc.

Good luck. BTC :D
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

patrickcoin
Banned
Banned

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:20 pm

cool thing to know

patrickcoin
Banned
Banned

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 pm

we can trade from Indian exchanges like bitxoxo and all

shadrachogiriki

Donate BTC of your choice to 14XuFBWs18H9mCMwTRKnWDauG2iizme24n

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:46 am

I am new and know nothing about bitcoin mining. I would like to learn all I can about bitcoin mining as I hope to start.

But I have some questions:
1. Do I need a programming skill before going into Bitcoin mining?
2. What do I need to start bitcoin mining?
3. I bitcoin mining profitable and how profitable could it be?

Please guys, kindly respond as I need assistance.

Thanks.

Finn Miller

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:51 am

You don`t need any programming skill. Actuallu you even can buy all of devices for mining.

I am new and know nothing about bitcoin mining. I would like to learn all I can about bitcoin mining as I hope to start.

But I have some questions:
1. Do I need a programming skill before going into Bitcoin mining?
2. What do I need to start bitcoin mining?
3. I bitcoin mining profitable and how profitable could it be?

Please guys, kindly respond as I need assistance.

Thanks.

Hromow

Tue May 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Cloud mining looks like not bad potion and doesn't take much investment... but there is less depens on you?
who can tell more about positive and negative sides of it?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Tue May 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Cloud mining looks like not bad potion and doesn't take much investment... but there is less depens on you?
You might consider checking out the Bitcoin.com mining pool FAQ page: https://poolsupport.bitcoin.com/

If you would like to start cloud mining in the Bitcoin.com pool all you need to do is purchase a mining contract from our available plans: https://pool.bitcoin.com/

All you need to do is select the plan you want, add the hashrate amount you need and purchase the plan by Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

You can also check out the Bitcoin.com official mining pool thread here on the forum:
topic10578.html

KuzandR

Sat May 12, 2018 1:21 pm

You might consider checking out the Bitcoin.com mining pool FAQ page: https://poolsupport.bitcoin.com/

If you would like to start cloud mining in the Bitcoin.com pool all you need to do is purchase a mining contract from our available plans: https://pool.bitcoin.com/

All you need to do is select the plan you want, add the hashrate amount you need and purchase the plan by Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

You can also check out the Bitcoin.com official mining pool thread here on the forum:
topic10578.html
Thank for info. Will study it.

ASGARD MINING

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:50 pm

ASGARD MINING company is glad to present you the result of two years of hard work.

Two unique miners: ASGARDmint ONE (23 Th/s) and ASGARDmint DOUBLE (46 Th/s).

Learn more at our website asgardmining.com

Mayfinin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3GQ8KW8e7onve1tDvNkYceey4j3fqjd6ih

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Oh, you're a begginer here. Well, I saw that you had a lot of replies already. But I want to recommend you one thing: install BTC wallet on your computer, it will protect you from scams

alwaystogether5
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:55 pm

For those who are starting their way in cryptocurrency, I have a piece of advice for you. You should never invest more tnan that you can afford to lose. and You should absolutely move any bitcoin you purchase into a wallet that you alone control. Preferably an offline hardware one such as a trezor or nano ledger bitcoin wallet.

maks-ivanov89
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Oh, you're a begginer here. Well, I saw that you had a lot of replies already. But I want to recommend you one thing: install BTC wallet on your computer, it will protect you from scams
only better then cold wallet)

bit858585
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 pm

only better then cold wallet)
it is the same thing i suppose
HODL!

Henry Winter
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:04 am

If you are a beginner and have already decided what cryptocurrency you will invest in, I think, it is better to start with choosing a wallet. I recommend to take a look at the anonymous wallets as they allow to keep your personal data and transaction details secure from getting into the wrong hands. In case you want to find out more about them, there is a good info about the best anonymous bitcoin wallets. Personally I found this source to be useful as it helped me to make the right decision. Hope it helps!

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Cool, but what is the catch?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

kurtkochans

Need a mining consultant

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Hi I'm starting a solar mining farm and need help in getting started . I can compensate anyone who can actually help in this ..
If you are interested. please reply to post ....thanks

Nightwinger
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1iGr5KKz4DSjAxwfUC1nQ5aNCpbtJRYv9

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Mining it self is the original source of earning bitcoins. Cloud mining are platforms that bridge the gap between purchasing expensive mining hardware and investing. With as little as $100 you can invest in cloud mining.

Yeah there is a problem with fraudsters, that’s why you need to make inquiries and seek expert opinion on where to invest your funds. if you are looking for a reliable platform, The best cloud mining platform I have encountered and I can vouch for it reliability is Hashnow ASIC & FPGA Cloud Mining . They are unique and boast of outstanding features like:

• Powerful high tech modern processors used for cloud mining and information processing on the blockchain network.

• State of the earth mining farms, with about 300,000 KW of power supply.

• Most advanced mining hardware available.

• Unbeatable and dynamic profit margins.

• Over 15 cryptocurrencies available for mining, including the top 5 most profitable cryptocurrencies to mine.

From my experience their profits are the best and no difficulty withdrawing your profits. Do well to check it out and invest.

https://hashnow.cloud/

Exolix
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Hello. Bitcoin mining is quite a costly business. Try to consider the procedure of cloud mining, it will save you a lot of money, but it can also bring good profits.

Return to “Mining support”