Forum rules
Due to incessant ICO threads being posted in this sub-forum, all ICO Announcement threads must be posted only within the 'ICO Announcements' sub-forum; posting ICO threads here in Altcoins is no longer permitted. Any ICO threads posted here will be moved, and continuing to flout the rules will result in your account being banned.

Bitcoin.com is not responsible for any of the ICO's posted or promoted on this forum.
Users are responsible for their own safety and security on any link they choose to click on, or external site they wish to engage with.

None of the ICO's linked anywhere on this forum are endorsed by Bitcoin.com; users must do their own due diligence on any company / site linked to within this forum.
supremacy.oladele
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Which privacy coin is better

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:09 pm

In a simple term Privacy is a serious matter that is often taken lightly, mainly because it is misinterpreted. Just because we don’t have “anything to hide,” that does not mean we do not deserve privacy. Which privacy coin do you think is better between Veil and monero and why . I know veil team is working very hard to deliver a beautiful project that will draw attention globally

africuniaBank
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Which privacy coin is better

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 am

In my opinion Monero is the best privacy coin because Monero obscures transactions using various forms of cryptography which do not require any trusted setup.

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:04 am

Veil is the best project this time, i consider those major privacy coins are overvalued because they are not offering complete solutions to all of the problems in the privacy coin. Veil is a good privacy coin that overwhelmed any other privacy coin.

Some people call monero as the best privacy coin but the users can't get a lot of advantages from their monero coin. that's why veil is much better from various aspects.

A coin with complete solutions with the possibility to get more income through use staking method. Veil is a perfect coin that needs to buy by everyone.

Vlad96
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:48 am

It is hard to name the best coin in terms of privacy - but I can highlight Monero, Zcash, Dash and Veil. In my opinion, Zcash is the most private coin

Psynthax
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:52 am

It's always a nature of law when it comes to technology the latest one will be a more perfect version of the earlier ones dont you think? Yeah monero have plenty of problems it left unresolved however there's a coin like veil, a privacy based coin that is trying to resolve all the problem that's left, give refreshing idea and also making a better version. so it's clear that veil is definitely better, it's growing steadily and you will know
when the time come, people will realize that this coin has potential.

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:00 am

It is hard to name the best coin in terms of privacy - but I can highlight Monero, Zcash, Dash and Veil. In my opinion, Zcash is the most private coin
Veil is the most private-coin and it has implemented solutions that you can discover the problem in anyother blockchain like monero and zcash. zcash snark is not so anonymous as you said. zkstarks is on the way but veil is a little step ahead of both monero and zcash. that should be the best coin consider veil used the latest privacy tech combined with a ring CT to create the best privacy ecosystem.

Vlad96
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:54 am

Veil is the most private-coin and it has implemented solutions that you can discover the problem in anyother blockchain like monero and zcash. zcash snark is not so anonymous as you said. zkstarks is on the way but veil is a little step ahead of both monero and zcash. that should be the best coin consider veil used the latest privacy tech combined with a ring CT to create the best privacy ecosystem.
Maybe you are right. I'm not interested in the Veil project, I just heard that this coin is quite private.

Pod_Miners
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:58 am

Veil or Monero?

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:22 am

Veil or Monero?
What about choosing both of coins? When you are looking for a major privacy coin and monero should become your best choice but if you are looking for a privacy coin that has a lot of potentials to be the same as monero and veil can become the best choice. I have written about what is veil and you must do your own research and i think that will make you interested with it. I prefer a potential one rather than the major which has already traded in a lot of money.

Pod_Miners
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 03, 2019 9:29 am

Veil or Monero?
What about choosing both of coins? When you are looking for a major privacy coin and monero should become your best choice but if you are looking for a privacy coin that has a lot of potentials to be the same as monero and veil can become the best choice. I have written about what is veil and you must do your own research and i think that will make you interested with it. I prefer a potential one rather than the major which has already traded in a lot of money.
Thanks for your response. I'll research.

Joscord
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 06, 2019 7:55 am

For the fact that monero has been aound for quite sometime is commendable. From my little research i have come to discover that veil has some new innovative technology and their plans to utilize it to provide a platform for absolute anonymous and untraceable transaction is breathtaking. I will stick veil to see what they will unfold and how it will influence the crypto ecosystem

tbossmitche
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 10, 2019 12:52 am

I am of the opinion that your question might be pretty flawed. My thought stems from the fact that each and every privacy coin has a unique feature that often sets it apart from the rest. This directly means that almost all privacy coins will still be put to good use within the cryptosphere. However, I look forward to seeing how well VEIL might do considering the fact that if offers "always on privacy".

Jeffbrad
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 12, 2019 4:40 pm

I am of the opinion that your question might be pretty flawed. My thought stems from the fact that each and every privacy coin has a unique feature that often sets it apart from the rest. This directly means that almost all privacy coins will still be put to good use within the cryptosphere. However, I look forward to seeing how well VEIL might do considering the fact that if offers "always on privacy".
Did you forget the fact that if the new technology will reborn after the old already outdated? veil comes with various solutions to the old problems that already discovered in the old privacy coin. Always on privacy that already implemented by veil just a good feature among a lot of features that already created by veil.
But we must use the new that gives us a lot of benefits rather than use the outdated crypto.

tbossmitche
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Did you forget the fact that if the new technology will reborn after the old already outdated? veil comes with various solutions to the old problems that already discovered in the old privacy coin. Always on privacy that already implemented by veil just a good feature among a lot of features that already created by veil.
But we must use the new that gives us a lot of benefits rather than use the outdated crypto.
That is not always the case, bro. Take for instance, there are many of us who enjoy using privacy coins due to it's obvious advantages. But some might still keep picking Monero due to the fact that it offers an opportunity to retrieve transactions logs and complete details in case one needs to prove a payment that was made in the past. With Veil, this is unavailable due to it's stance on privacy without compromise.

Personally, if I am going to use a privacy coin I wouldn't have it any other way than embracing the feature completely.

Steven_nevetS
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Monero - The King

Jeffbrad
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

That is not always the case, bro. Take for instance, there are many of us who enjoy using privacy coins due to it's obvious advantages. But some might still keep picking Monero due to the fact that it offers an opportunity to retrieve transactions logs and complete details in case one needs to prove a payment that was made in the past. With Veil, this is unavailable due to it's stance on privacy without compromise.

Personally, if I am going to use a privacy coin I wouldn't have it any other way than embracing the feature completely.
I know that but that's really important too when we need to send anything that privately. That means veil was working on the different field than monero but in some case that fully privacy will not work but that totally depends on the what was needed by the sender itself. Veil is a good platform too besides monero.

We can't retrieve the tx log but it can't be traced too. I have seen some hackers that used monero as an alternative. Basically, they are the same but some may give more offers to the users.

paullewis

Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Each privacy coin has a unique quality. but the common goal is to tackle the issue of privacy in blockchain. Monero uses the Proof-of-Work protocol and ring signatures, which are making it impossible to detect the source and endpoints of a transaction while Veil focuses on building and innovating on proven technology, integrating and improving best-in-class, time-tested technologies like Zerocoin, RingCT (from Monero and Particl), Bulletproofs and Dandelion, coded from scratch upon the latest Bitcoin core version to create a privacy coin that delivers the highest level of anonymity, and without compromise

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Each privacy coin has a unique quality. but the common goal is to tackle the issue of privacy in blockchain. Monero uses the Proof-of-Work protocol and ring signatures, which are making it impossible to detect the source and endpoints of a transaction while Veil focuses on building and innovating on proven technology, integrating and improving best-in-class, time-tested technologies like Zerocoin, RingCT (from Monero and Particl), Bulletproofs and Dandelion, coded from scratch upon the latest Bitcoin core version to create a privacy coin that delivers the highest level of anonymity, and without compromise
Not sure if anyone of them has unique quality but the new one will always try to solve the problem is not yet solved from the old one dude. POW is an outdated consensus because it created a centralization of the reward to be distributed only to the users and the fact that the buyers get nothing from there. Veil was trying to solve it through implement hybrid consensus.

Dannev
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 20, 2019 5:59 pm

This space needs a platform that has plainly said something or made a move to install privacy into the system of cryptocurencies, a platform that is inclined to providing Security through the sustained privacy of a system, a very capable platform in that aspect and therefore has RingCT and the zerocoin to implement that for it. This is all embedded in the Veil platform.

tbossmitche
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue May 21, 2019 3:40 pm

I know that but that's really important too when we need to send anything that privately. That means veil was working on the different field than monero but in some case that fully privacy will not work but that totally depends on the what was needed by the sender itself. Veil is a good platform too besides monero.

We can't retrieve the tx log but it can't be traced too. I have seen some hackers that used monero as an alternative. Basically, they are the same but some may give more offers to the users.
We have to agree to disagree on this one.

Let's just enjoy the privacy on offer. 😁

RobertDeCrypto

Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 pm

crypto has its own advantages. If the security reason, you can choose monero, dash, etc. But you need to consider to look into veil coin. It has high security and anonymous feature.

Blurryface07

Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 pm

it's very difficult to choose which is better, I think everything is good. new class projects such as veil coins can also be said to be better :)

Fareedah27
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 am

VEIL is an outstanding project on blockchain network aims to integrate and adopt the best anonymity technologies which will help in becoming the best crypto-currency that provides always-on-privacy without compromise.

Cicihorlhorla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 23, 2019 9:36 pm

 Veil of course: Veil is a project that has created a secure anonymous environment that ensures anonymity and confidentiality of transactions using cryptocurrency. Security, privacy and anonymity-these are the areas that develops and implements the project Veil.

mihori

Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 pm

I heard people discussing about "GRIN" coin, anyone can make comment on that?
Dimension ($DMCT) | An Enterprise-grade Blockchain Network Service

Adaora
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 25, 2019 12:55 am

Hmmm... I won't be able to answer that correctly. If you had better asked "which is my favorite privacy coin" instead, I'd choose Veil coin. Monero is also a good privacy coin.

dentolas_
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 am

GRIN is in my oppinion among the three top players that represent a new generation of privacy coins, these potential giants are GRIN, VEIL and BEAM.
GRIN and BEAM use mimblewimble protocol, and are not based on BTC coding. They are also highly scalable and private. They differ mainly on the mining and economic distribution. These hold a lot of potential, but they are also experimenting with a completely new protocol and as such, surprises might arise...
VEIL is combining proven privacy techs into one bullet proof product. They have a huge proven team behind them. This is a project that also holds a huge potential as they are already delivering and they solve issues found on Monero, Zcash, etc

Lilly
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Bearing in mind the technical inventions, I will say Veil coin is the best privacy coin. Veil is good and potential buy.

mihori

Sun May 26, 2019 9:18 pm

GRIN is in my oppinion among the three top players that represent a new generation of privacy coins, these potential giants are GRIN, VEIL and BEAM.
GRIN and BEAM use mimblewimble protocol, and are not based on BTC coding. They are also highly scalable and private. They differ mainly on the mining and economic distribution. These hold a lot of potential, but they are also experimenting with a completely new protocol and as such, surprises might arise...
VEIL is combining proven privacy techs into one bullet proof product. They have a huge proven team behind them. This is a project that also holds a huge potential as they are already delivering and they solve issues found on Monero, Zcash, etc
Thanks for the detail explanation! lol, just wondering how come privacy coin all of sudden become such popular topic? I think last year was all about Proof of Stake.
Dimension ($DMCT) | An Enterprise-grade Blockchain Network Service

Baesboo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Veil is a great project. Veil Technology is a project with a clear mission to bring innovation into the sphere of privacy-focused crypto coins. With distinct yet viable protocols, it has the drive to achieve a lot in the coming years I have trust in this coin.

Return to “Altcoins / Alternative Cryptocurrencies”