ERt1F2Wvyr
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

RBF transactions to be enabled at the next core update!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:11 pm

It's took us many many months to get the blocksize readjusted like it clearly needed. And now a core dev is pushing through RBF transactions at the next update. Which means zero confirmation transactions can never be accepted again. And that someone can send a transaction back to themselves before it's been confirmed in a block. If I'm not mistaken isn't one of bitcoin's biggest virtues is in that it's a completely push system only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3 ... ial_on_the

The only benefits I can see from implementing RBF transactions is that it will help foster a market for fee prices when blocks are getting full. After finally reaching consensus on increasing the block size after several months. I don't feel this implementation to rush in a market for fee prices is the best solution. And that more time should be thought about this before rushing in its implementation at the next core update. As lot's of bitcoin services currently rely on techniques to accept zero confirmation transactions.

Maybe if a time limit for RBF transaction sendbacks could be implemented of say two minutes then we could have the best of both worlds.

At the moment the current techniques for receiving zero confirmation transactions work quite well. And this new RBF update to be implemented at the next bitcoin core update will break this. I don't feel we should rush into this major update and especially so after only just reaching consensus on increasing the block size. After what feels like an eternity.

ERt1F2Wvyr
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: RBF transactions to be enabled at the next core update!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Mike Hearn calls Bitcoin's block size debate a ‘civil war’ - http://bravenewcoin.com/news/mike-hearn ... civil-war/

Prominent Bitcoin Developer (Mike Hearn) Declares the Digital Currency a Failure - http://fortune.com/2016/01/14/bitcoin-d ... ok_FORTUNE

Is the RBF update being rushed through by Mike Hearn his next move in the Bitcoin (core developer) civil war? I don't personally see this as an update but it could well be an actual act of sabotage. Or hasn't he just come out and called the Bitcoin experiment a failure and walked away from core development. If so then his proposed update (act of sabotage) hopefully won't be implemented at the next bitcoin core update.

CryptAxe
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:29 am

Well you could already send a zero confirmation transaction back to yourself, so that hasn't been broken or anything.
CryptAxe.com | bitcoinhivemind.com

b1980
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3KgyGrCiMRpXTihZWY1yZiXnL46KUBzMEY

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:18 pm

You could already send a zero confirmation transaction back to yourself, so that hasn't been broken.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:19 pm

So did they get enabled or not in the end?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “Bitcoin Core”