freetrader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

BTCfork releases HFP0: an early prototype of a Bitcoin hard fork

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:20 pm

The BTCfork organization today released source code for hardfork_prototype_0 (HFP0), an early prototype of a Bitcoin hard fork (spin-off) client.

Reddit announcement thread:
https://ww.reddit.com/r/btcfork/comment ... hard_fork/

Main features of the prototype include:
  • fixed block height trigger
  • an implementation of BitPay's adaptive block size algorithm which adjusts the block size cap in the range 2MB-4MB
  • optional change of POW (modified scrypt, CPU minable and hopefully ASIC-resistant)
  • per-block difficulty adjustment using MIDAS (Multi Interval Difficulty Adjustment System)
  • Xtreme Thinblocks from Bitcoin Unlimited
BTCfork reminds that this is a prototype and should not be used to put real money (i.e. Bitcoins) at risk.
Development of a production-ready Minimum Viable Fork client will continue.

--

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: BTCfork releases HFP0: an early prototype of a Bitcoin hard fork

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:30 pm

The BTCfork organization today released source code for hardfork_prototype_0 (HFP0), an early prototype of a Bitcoin hard fork (spin-off) client.

Reddit announcement thread:
https://ww.reddit.com/r/btcfork/comment ... hard_fork/

Main features of the prototype include:
  • fixed block height trigger
  • an implementation of BitPay's adaptive block size algorithm which adjusts the block size cap in the range 2MB-4MB
  • optional change of POW (modified scrypt, CPU minable and hopefully ASIC-resistant)
  • per-block difficulty adjustment using MIDAS (Multi Interval Difficulty Adjustment System)
  • Xtreme Thinblocks from Bitcoin Unlimited
BTCfork reminds that this is a prototype and should not be used to put real money (i.e. Bitcoins) at risk.
Development of a production-ready Minimum Viable Fork client will continue.

--

Excellent write-up, well done!!!!!!!!! It is amazing to see people such as yourself place so much of your time into projects like this.

A paragraph in your post reads:
and unknown criminal elements employing 'dirty tricks' against the network infrastructure of such forks (e.g. denial-of-service attacks against their nodes)
I understand your anger and frustration. My nodes too have been attacked. Unsuccessful sabotage against my nodes, clients nodes and people I speak to is on a near daily basis.

Please keep up the great work, thank you, it means a lot to me and thousands of other people, I can assure you of that!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Re: BTCfork releases HFP0: an early prototype of a Bitcoin hard fork

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Is this project still alive?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “Others”