minouvirtuel
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ERjMGETdx8ASgFCb7gPaiJyvtN4J11ZeR

How to store your cryptocurrency - Ledger Nano S

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:35 pm

This official video tutorial shows in 1 min how you can handle your Ledger Nano and validate your transactions

https://youtu.be/RQkZKm_ekwBBvideo

The Ledger Apps are free official application interfaces between your Ledger devices and the Bitcoin & Ethereum decentralized networks. They are designed to be lightweight and easy to use.

YOUR NEW NANO S:
The Nano S includes an OLED screen, 2 buttons, and it is provided with a micro USB / USB cable to be plugged on the USB 2 port of your computer (not USB 3). If your computer only has USB C ports, you can use an On-The-Go adapter.

The 2 buttons will be used to navigate:
- scroll up and down in the dashboard and menus by pressing right or left button,
- select and validate by pressing both buttons simultaneously

As you can see, there is not any power button: you simply need to connect your Nano S to turn it on, and to disconnect the cable to turn it off, with no prior step.

BEFORE TO STARTING:
You need 2 things to make your Nano S work:
- a connected computer running Chrome browser, where you will install and run your wallets to manage your accounts, send and receive payments.
- your Nano S with its USB cable to log in your Chrome applications and authenticate your transactions.

CONFIGURATION:
The initialization doesn't need to be done online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlojlZi ... e=youtu.be

PIN CODE:
- Connect your Nano S on a wall socket or a computer
- Press both buttons as stated

Then you can chose if you want
- to configure a new device, with an original seed,
- or if you want to restore a configuration

If you want to create a new seed, select "Configure as new device" by clicking on the right button (above the check icon)
If you want to import a seed you already have, click on the left button (above the cross), you will be prompted to restore a configuration instead of creating a new one

Choose a PIN code. Depending on which firmware you have, the number of digits can vary:
- If you run 1.1 or 1.2 firmware you can select 4 digits (like the example in our video)
- If you run 1.3 and more, you can select 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 digits.

Note: As long as the next step (24 words backup) is not validated, this PIN code isn't validated.

24 WORDS BACKUP:

The 24 words of your seed will now be displayed, one by one. This step is paramount as this seed is the ownership and the backup of your wallet and funds. Be really careful to read and write each one correctly: if you make even one single mistake on a character, your seed would be false and you could not be able to recover your funds in case of need.

Take the Recovery sheet provided in your box:
- On this Recovery sheet, write down Word #1, and check it twice or three times
- Write down Word #2, and check it twice or three times, and be careful to note it in second position
- Write down Word #3, and check it twice or three times, and be careful to note it in third position
- and so on for each word until the #24 one

Yes, this step is long and needs a full concentration, but it is absolutely required.

Note that the 24 words seed is:
- what makes you your own bank, as you are the only one to know this secret
- what makes you the owner of your coins
- the only way to recover your funds if you lose your Nano S
- shown only once, during this initialization step. it won't be displayed anymore, in any way

Once the full list of 24 words have been written down, validate as required
Verify the displayed words by selecting the right ones that match with the ones you copied
When your Nano S displays "Your device is now ready", your Nano S is configured.

INSTALL YOU APPLICATIONS;
To open and manage a Coin wallet, you need to :
- launch the wallet application on your computer,
- open the dedicated companion application on your Nano S to unlock and synchronize the wallet

So for each wallet you need 2 applications: 1 on your computer, 1 on your Nano S

APPLICATIONS ON YOUR NANO S:
Your Nano S is a multi-application device, so you can install and uninstall several applications on it, like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP a.k.a Ripple, and many other ones (altcoins, authentication, etc.), some of them provided by Ledger, some of them by other companies.

By default, your Nano S has some applications already installed Bitcoin, Ethereum and FIDO U2F

If you want to purchase a Ledger Wallet to secure your cryptocurrency, please follow this link:

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/9a37

dafixxxx

Re: How to store your cryptocurrency - Ledger Nano S

Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:35 pm

You can also get your Ledger Nano S Wallet here:
https://arvonic.com/products/ledgerwall ... ncy-wallet

Authorized US Reseller • FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING • Use Promo Code: MYNANO

OneChain
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Cool, but you should cover trezor as well. Because trezor allows secret passphrase if someone wants to knock you on your head and demand your crypto!
Whichever blockchain wins, the world wins ImageImage

zafaryaqoob
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:35 pm

That guide helps me a lot Thank you so Much For sharing this guide for us.
My life was Changed when I Created my Own Crypto website: coinkir.com

MintDice
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Another useful feature to mention is that you can use the 24 word recovery seed and input it into several other wallet apps to restore your wallet if need be.

More on this here: https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en- ... er-device-

OneChain
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:37 pm

What's the deal with the recent glitches in Ledger software? Did they ever get that fixed?
Whichever blockchain wins, the world wins ImageImage

Leroylaurent74

Thu May 03, 2018 5:26 pm

I find the Ledger Nano S portfolio rather interesting by reading your article and following the links. However, I was skeptical about securing cryptos in this wallet. I secure my digital currencies on the online wallet of my Moneycoin.fr broker. With the upsurge of piracy platforms trading, I think to store some of my digital currencies in this portfolio Ledger. I'll see what to do, because until now, I have no worries about the security of my cryptocurrencies.

pinagpala

Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm

My brother gifted me a ledger nano, coming this month. May i know is it possible to reset or create a new bch wallet under ledger nano? I just dont trust ebay where my brother bought it. I dont trust to store my alts from the default wallets generated by the hardware wallet?

alwaystogether5
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 am

When it comes to the way to store , I'm a great fan of the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor hardware wallets. They are worth buying if you are a more advanced user who doesn't need a screen. For more info on bicoin wallets, check out http://www.beautifullife.info/industria ... et-reviews/

Julian_coogan
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:29 pm

which is the best wallet to store cryptocurrency?

Fun_trader__

Donate BTC of your choice to 3BMEXZ3FoGy7dZUxp8eJ8PpCy15KdUCvEL

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 am

which is the best wallet to store cryptocurrency?
I use Exodus, Trezor. Selecting the wrong wallet might lead to your money loss. So, please read articles interact with people and do your self study and then start using
Read in-detail in the link shared: https://coinswitch.co/news/top-10-multi ... llets-2019

AntierSolutions
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1AHY8puC5G7jqfQS53ufbmCMHYWPpMLfRW

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Cryptocurrency Wallet are the safest option to store your digital assets. Whether you want a web wallet or a mobile wallet, our customized cryptocurrency wallet development solutions cater your needs.
Discuss in details in the shared link: https://antiersolutions.com/cryptocurre ... mpany.html
Antier Solutions being a cryptocurrency exchange Development Company strives to build reliable digital asset exchange software to facilitate secure and fast transactions.
Email: info@antiersolutions.com

AntierSolutions
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1AHY8puC5G7jqfQS53ufbmCMHYWPpMLfRW

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:08 am

It is a kinda easy process. I will give a step-by-guidance about how you can use it and store your cryptocurrency.
1. Download the Chrome App Ledger Manager.
2. Plug your Nano ledger into the USB port of your computer.
3. Download the Ledger apps from the Ledger Manager for Ethereum, Bitcoin and Litecoin.
4. Download the Chrome Apps for Ethereum and Bitcoin wallets (Litecoin uses the BTC wallets).
5. Select and open the proper app on the Ledger for Bitcoin and Litecoin, and then open the Chrome Ledger Bitcoin App. After a couple of seconds, you would see a link, a zero balance, and ways for sending and receiving.
6. For Ethereum, navigate an Ethereum compatible wallet service like MyEtherWallet and then open the Chrome Ledger Ethereum app. Go into the settings on the Ledger Device and disable browser support.
7. It will ask you to choose a wallet address and a protocol. After some time, you would see a connection, a zero balance and ways for sending and receiving.
Get more information by connecting our cryptocurrency exchange development experts.
Antier Solutions being a cryptocurrency exchange Development Company strives to build reliable digital asset exchange software to facilitate secure and fast transactions.
Email: info@antiersolutions.com

AnyCrypto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:51 pm

I used Trezor and can definitely say that it's a good wallet. For some coins I use Blockchain, it's also too a perfect wallet for me.

Return to “Wallets”