Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Often can't access forum.bitcoin.com even if individual threads etc are accessible

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

I get this error almost all the time when trying to access the forum from my Japanese server (via vpn). Is the forum blocked in Japan?
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Often can't access forum.bitcoin.com even if individual threads etc are accessible

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 am

I get this error almost all the time when trying to access the forum from my Japanese server (via vpn). Is the forum blocked in Japan?
I have sent a link of this thread to the administration team on telegram, hopefully they can suggest a solution for you.

I highly doubt that the forum would be banned in Japan.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Re: Often can't access forum.bitcoin.com even if individual threads etc are accessible

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Yes me neither. It's rather weird. Maybe just Japanese vpns are banned?
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Maybe the forum webserver has blocked your VPN's IP, due to the recent DDoS attacks?

Since it's an nginx error, we can deduct that you are connecting to the server and not timing out. The 403 error means that nginx is denying your web requests for some reason.
theres a snake in my boot

mocacinno
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MocACiWLM8bYn8pCrYjy6uHq4U3CkxLaa

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:04 am

Maybe the forum webserver has blocked your VPN's IP, due to the recent DDoS attacks?

Since it's an nginx error, we can deduct that you are connecting to the server and not timing out. The 403 error means that nginx is denying your web requests for some reason.

I think this is correct... I have the same problem when trying to visit the forum from home, but not when i'm at the office... During the time of the Ddos, i was working from home and i tried to connect to the forum several times... So cloudflare might have decided to blacklist my home ip.
I didn't think this was a problem, i tought it would solve itself either when cloudflare de-blacklisted my ip, or when my isp's ip lease expired and i got a new ip.
Trezor: the original hardware wallet, for sale => here
Ledger Nano S: keep your bitcoins safe! check it out => here
Check out my personal bitcoin tools website, filled with usefull, anonymous bitcoin tools => here

Berson
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:50 pm

I also very often cannot enter the forum, since I write that there is no access to the site. What can it be connected with and how long will it last?

Return to “The Forum”