horst

Same adress for BCH & BSV? BSV lost in Nirvana?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello! Nice to be here!

I hope someone can help.

Seems to me my question is right in this forum.

I have sent BCH from my wallet to Bitfinex - exchange after the hard fork, to a Bitfinex BAB address. I saw the transaction on the blockchain and I guess the Bitcoins are now splitted. BSV are on the same address.

Can I gain again the control over BSV?

Thank you for guidance!

horst

Beginner question moved

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hello!

I asked this question for a few days, but I have no answer yet. Would be nice if someone could help.

post243862.html#p243862

Thank you!

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Same adress for BCH & BSV? BSV lost in Nirvana?

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:03 pm

Hello! Nice to be here!

I hope someone can help.

Seems to me my question is right in this forum.

I have sent BCH from my wallet to Bitfinex - exchange after the hard fork, to a Bitfinex BAB address. I saw the transaction on the blockchain and I guess the Bitcoins are now splitted. BSV are on the same address.

Can I gain again the control over BSV?

Thank you for guidance!
Hi Horst,

According to this page: https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/321 (date November 28, 2018) Bitfinex DOES NOT replay BCH deposits (BCH transactions users send to their exchange accounts at Bitfinex).

Unless the wallet app you're using is broadcasting BCH transactions on both chains (which is possible), or unless someone else replayed (broadcasted on the other chain), your BSV should not have been sent to the new address (your address at Bitfinex). However, if you're certain that the your transaction (deposit at Bitfinex) sent both BCH (or BCH ABC or BAB) and BSV (or Bitcoin SV) please contact support Bitfinex for more support (as they are the owners of the address and the only ones is a position to help as bitcoin is a permissionless network). Btw, what explorer did you use to lookup your BSV?

If the BSV is still at your original address you'll be able to do as you please with it as long as you have the private key for that address (the keys are the same for each chain). Please be careful (exercise due diligence) when importing your private key / seed words / mnemonic into a wallet or other application or site which purports to support BSV. Once a third party has access to your private key they have access to all coins (e.g., BCH and BSV) at the address.

horst

Where are BSV (beginner Q)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi everyone, I hope some one will help!

I have sent with the bitcoin.com wallet unsplitted BCH to a exchange to a BAB address.

Where are now the bsv?! Who owns this address, may I have again control?

https://blockchair.com/search?q=cf9e944 ... 16cdd7f31c

Thks!

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Same adress for BCH & BSV? BSV lost in Nirvana?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi everyone, I hope some one will help!

I have sent with the bitcoin.com wallet unsplitted BCH to a exchange to a BAB address.

Where are now the bsv?! Who owns this address, may I have again control?

https://blockchair.com/search?q=cf9e944 ... 16cdd7f31c

Thks!
Hi Horst,

It looks likes (based on what you've stated) one of the addresses is your account at Bitfinex and the other is a change address in your Bitcoin.com wallet app:

blockchair.com/bitcoin-sv/address/qzlqpln4k995wsjlhl9dcw6kacwv06ka6580wavplr

blockchair.com/bitcoin-sv/address/qp77ghp06gkaqjfa2lmuqs2jmehrzkdjagwp5d2vsm

If the foregoing is accurate then Bitfinex owns (they control the private key) your Bitfinex account address and you own the other address (you control the private key) in your Bitcoin.com wallet app.

Return to “Technical Support”